European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Originally Posted by quik1987

How much does David Villa being out hurt Spain's chances?

given his talent its going to hurt a lot..but they still have a very strong side.

hoping bento can get his head out of his %$$ and play the right side for portugal, nelson needs to start!

germany has it this year though.

Can't wait!

It's a toss up between the Dutch and the Germans, definitely be interesting to see how they fare against each other in their group game.
The Netherlands looked very good the other night but I have to roll with Deutschland as my prediction for the trophy.

i still cant believe that group of death... germany, the dutch, AND portugal. just brutal

roll.gif

Is Spain's X-factor Torres? As in there success will depend on whether or not he shows up.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Is Spain's X-factor Torres? As in there success will depend on whether or not he shows up.

i dont think..

i dont watch as much international play as alot of you guys but everytime I watch Spain, Villa is the difference in attack for them.

Torres is not the player he once was after the injuries, i think they may struggle to score goals, well see.

Llorente and Negredo are capable strikers. Also Cazorla and Pedro can score from midfield. I think if Spain has a weakness it is defending set pieces. They are really gonna miss puyol and are still a relatively short team especially compared to germany

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Llorente and Negredo are capable strikers. Also Cazorla and Pedro can score from midfield. I think if Spain has a weakness it is defending set pieces. They are really gonna miss puyol and are still a relatively short team especially compared to germany
Its still a question mark though.  None of those players have performed on the big International stage.  David Villa showed out at WC 10 and Euro 08 so I defintiely think it is a big loss.  I do believe that Spain are in better shape since they have known for months that Villa would not be fit and can prepare.  Spain is obviously immensely talented but for them to win I think Torres needs to have a good tournament.

I got France taking it. Or Italy if Balotelli gets to play.
Rooney was Englands only hope. They got no chance.

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Balotelli? I think there are more crucial players than him on the squad

balotelli forced to sit out of practice today with a knee injury, he tried to play through it but couldnt..tests will be done asap

Portugual is my sleeper. I know, I know they underachieve, but I'm ready for my dude CR & Nani to go nuts

Poland vs. Russia has me the most excited.

So much history so much hatred on both ends.

CAN'T WAIT! Poland better beat that *@*

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Balotelli? I think there are more crucial players than him on the squad
Like who?
The strikers will make all the difference in this tournament.

Thats why England have no chance.. 

My heritage is Italian so I will be rooting for them.  Hopefully Super Mario can play.

But that being said I am excited to watch the Dutch attack (so much talent).  Excited to see CR and Nani, the whole German team, France and Ribery.  Spain with Torress if he gets playing time.  Man i just can't wait for this to get under way
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I leaning on the Dutch or French winning it, beating out the sleeper Italy in the finals. The God Zlatan Ibrahimovic will put Englands hope of the knockout round to rest
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom