European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

^ gotcha... I always had the impression that Kaka floated around in the midfield rather than upfront...

^Don't forget about Pato along with their other less attractive options like Paloschi. Also, Gilardino and Ronaldo are likely out and Schevchenko mightreturn along with the buyback of Borriello. Yeah Kaka plays more of a forward role between strikers and midfield. If they end up getting Ronaldinho, they mightgo with Kaka and Dinho on the wings (although Kaka is not necessarily at his best on the right). Milan's personnel doesn't make too much sense to me asfar as the formations Ancelotti is considering.

Anyways some Fiorentina rumours fresh with their UCL qualification:
-Fiorentina sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, is meeting with Andrea Barzagli's agent today.
-Corvino is also interested in AC Milan's Alberto Gilardino, who is priced at €18m.
-Fiorentina sign Lyon right back Anthony Reveillere for €7m.

Dos Santos to Chelsea or Man U?
frown.gif

If Eto leaves Barca (which I hope doesn't happen) I can see Barca going after Drogba hard, he is going to be a BEAST in Spain.

I hope Barca invests in it's future and signs Gio to a long term deal, he finally lived up to his potential in the last match of the season dropping a hattrick but I would like to see him and Bojan
together for a few years.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by mmagic1

I hate the fact that contracts in Pro sports mean little or nothing these days. If you ink your name for five years you should honour you commitment. Whats the point on signing extensions if you have no intention of staying? Oh wait so you can get paid $250,000 a week. Whats the point of signing a five year deal if you back out two days later Billy D, you dummy? Rant over.

Exactly... initially I didn't understand it... call me old-fashioned, but I thought signed-contracts were legally-binding and that both parties had to honor the agreement... whats the point of signing a 5-year deal, spending 1 year there and demanding a desire to leave? at the same time, a lot of the speculation has come from the Spanish media, and of course, they want Ronaldo there... shady journalism perhaps?

They are legally binding but it doesn't break the contract by selling the person on, you can't do anything about someone wanting to leave. Althoughby having a contract extension you will have the chance to sell for a better sum than simply allowing someone to leave when their contract expires. There havebeen cases where players have just been left on the bench to wait out their contract too.

I want to see Galatasaray/Fenerbahce/Besiktas make some big moves.

After winning the Turkish Super League this year, I think Galatasaray is going to need some more firepower if they want to do well in next year's CL. Iwanna see them repeat what FB did in this year's CL, and maybe even do better.

CELTIC!
pimp.gif

Tough week to be a Huns fan, lose the Cup, then the Bhoys win the SPL title.

(I realize I added nothing, but this is the only active soccer thread on NT)

If Arsenal picks up David Villa, Ben Arfa and Nasri, their line-up will be absolutely amazing next year.

Wenger already said Walcott is going to start, smart move on his part.
pimp.gif

As far as Hleb, he started playing like crap like all of Arsenal once Eduardo was injured. I always liked his rough play, he'll more than likely be gone.

And as far as the Henry rumor about coming back...well that would just be nuts. Him and Adebayor up front like they did before, would love to see that again.
glasses.gif

Wenger said he's not in for Villa and I believe him on that one. Nasri and Ben Arfa are more in his price range and those will prolly be Wenger's"big name" signings if he can land them.

True, I'd expect Ben Arfa to have a season similar to what Walcott experienced this last year. They need a reliable striker, but so does everyone else.Plus, with all the attention Benzema is attracting, Arsenal doesn't seem like they have much of a chance to land him. You never know for sure, just seemsvery unlikely.

Benzema is out of Arsene Wenger's (preferred I guess?) price range. Benzema's transfer will command at least 35 million Euro.

Nasri is an excellent purchase, especially at the reported price. Real Madrid were in for him at 20-22 Million last year but he denied the transfer because hewanted to stay with Marseille for one more year.

It's so frustrating being an Arsenal fan, they make tons of money from stadium tickets, jerseys, Champions League etc., but they never want to spend it onproven players. If we had signed a proven striker last summer, Arsenal might've been able to finish the season as Premiership champs and possibly made thesemis of the UCL.

Ideally I'd like to see Arsenal sign 1 star striker, 2 wingers and a couple of depth players that could fill in on defence when Toure needs a rest,Senderos is suspended or Gallas is injured.

Let Rosisky play in his natural position of CM, HELLO ARSENE, Rosisky is not a winger. Hleb should be deported to Belarus. Eboue can stay on the team buteither he plays as right back or he does not play at all.

I've heard nothing but good things about Samir Nasri, however I'm not going to get my hopes up...the deal will probably fall through because Wengerrefused to throw in towel service
smh.gif

More rumors...
-Hleb linked to Real Madrid
-Zambrotta linked to AC Milan
-Henry might retire from France after Euro 2008 (I cant see this happening)
-Real Madrid + Barca are fighting for Fabricio Coliccini
-Gregory Coupet linked to Tottenham
-Young Brazilian forward Jo is close to signing with an English club (this kid reminds me of Adebeyor)
-Silvestre might leave Man Utd.
-Chelsea is targeting Dos Santos, Flourent Malouda might be on his way out
-Drogba's relationship with Chelsea has been strained to the point where he is close to leaving (yawn)

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Benzema is out of Arsene Wenger's (preferred I guess?) price range. Benzema's transfer will command at least 35 million Euro.

Nasri is an excellent purchase, especially at the reported price. Real Madrid were in for him at 20-22 Million last year but he denied the transfer because he wanted to stay with Marseille for one more year.

Yeah Benzema is way too expensive for Wenger to sign him.

Although Nasri WOULD be an excellent pickup, I've always enjoyed watching him play on Marseille. I think Wenger should definetely toss out the cash forthis one.

I'm just excited to see that Walcott will be starting now, will have that energy and quickness he brings to the game right from the get-go.

I feel like I should memorize this thread since I'm moving to London in August. I'm only a casual fan right now but could def. see myself getting intoall the leagues.

Great info in this thread. I hope Adriano returns to Europe and gets his career back on track. Ronaldo should honor his contract. Can't wait until Drogbagets out the Premiership I hate that guy as an Arsenal supporter.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

I feel like I should memorize this thread since I'm moving to London in August. I'm only a casual fan right now but could def. see myself getting into all the leagues.
IMO, football, in terms of fan support and following, in Europe is bigger than the MLB, the NFL and the NBA combined in the US... you'll probablyhave colleagues/friends/neighbors trying to get you into it right away...
laugh.gif

FC Barcelona analysis:

Sport's "The Barcelona 10": Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Florent Malouda (Chelsea), Alexandre Hleb (Arsenal), Gerard Pique (Manchester United),Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), David Silva (Valencia), Karim Benzema (Olympique Lyonnais), Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham Hotspur), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo LaCoruna), Seydou Keita (Sevilla.)

Immediate needs: Left wing, Right fullback, Centreback, and CM/CDM.

Dani Alves is the preferred and most likely right back option. Hes the most expensive (their 25 Million offer was rejected) but heargueably the best (Maicon might have something to say to that.) Chelsea who were in for Alves last year have already signed their RB of the future - JoseBosingwa. The other club who was chasing Alves last year, Real Madrid, seem to have cemented Sergio Ramos at Right back. AC Milan need a Right Back but theyare unlikely to submit a bid since they have so many gaps to fill. This leaves Manchester United, and Barcelona. First off, Alves would prefer to stay inSpain. Secondly, its unclear whether United would enter a bidding war. Manchester will probably talk about Valencia's Miguel instead.

The centreback position needs to be reinforced after Gabi Milito's knee injury that will keep him out for 6-9 months, and the certaindeparture of Lilian Thuram. Ezequiel Garay has been captured by Real Madrid. Another option is Martin Caceres, however, the asking price of 20 Million is aturn off. Coloccini is a good defender, and his best attribute is versatility. He can cover posititons ranging from CB to CDM. Gerard Pique is the favorite.Pique is cule, was a member of Barcelona's youth team before joining Man Utd. He has grown and matured at Old Trafford. He will never get consistentplaying time though as he is behind Vidic/Ferdinand. The price is acceptable, and it seems now is the perfect time to rejoin his dream club. Barca see him asthe ideal partner to Carles Puyol while Milito is out.

The midfield needs to be reinforced. Deco is certainly gone. Eidur Gudjohnsen hasnt shown the qualities needed. Edmilson was trash, and nowhes gone. The Yaya Toure, Xavi, and Iniesta midfield is lacking something, Seydou Keita is the preferred choice for this. Keita brings in grittyness, energy, awicked shot, and upgraded defensive qualities to the midfield. His release clause is only 14 Million Euro - an absolute postitive.

The left band is a critical position at Barcelona, previously held by Ronaldinho. His likely sale will mean that a "crack" mustbe brought in to try and fill his shoes. An effective left winger, left sided midfielder will lessen the pressure on Lionel Messi's right side. ThierryHenry has proven that he does not like nor work up to par on the left wing. The preferred player for this was Frank Ribery but his capture is impossible. Thenew favorite is now Florent Malouda. Why? well its no secret Malouda has played his best football when paired with fellow compatriot - Eric Abidal. They haveproven their chemistry with Lyon, and the French National Team. The hope is that Malouda can recapture his best form by relinking the two. The other option isDavid Silva. Valencia have made it clear that they will listen to offers on all their stars - Joaquin, David Villa, etc. However, Silva's price tag of20-25 Million Euro might be too much for the Blaugrana.

Finally, striker. We've all heard the rumors of Samuel Eto's potential sale. The question is, Why would they sell him? 1. Injuryproneness. 2. Effect on Locker room. 3. Barcelona faithful have turned against Eto'o 4. His sale, and the money that would arrive would helpBarcelona's dream of capturing argueably Europe's brightest jewel, Karim Benzema. Bojan Krkic has progressed very nicely. Despite his inconsistency,Thierry Henry will most likely be kept depending on Pep Guardiola's plans. Benzema is the preferred but unlikely option. There are many names though: KlaasJan Huntelaar (Ajax), David Villa (Valencia), Mario Gomez (Stuttgart), Emannuel Adebayor (Arsenal), Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham), Dani Guiza (Mallorca), LuisFabiano (Sevilla).

Maybe, I'll do other teams lol.

^Very great info man.
pimp.gif

I'd be pissed to see Adebayor leave. He said he is staying though, lets hope so...

Supposed $40 milion pound+Robinho swap for CR7 in the spanish rags

CR7 says in 2 weeks all will be cleared

Would hate to see Ronny leave Man Utd. This squad is only going to get better from here with all the young talent. Alves would be a good signing at RB... Thedefensive line would be very solid. Let the bidding wars begin.. Going to be a very interesting transfer season.

I dont want him to go, but it seems inevitable... that said, gimme the 80 million pounds NOW before the transfer season starts in exchange for CR7 and I dontthink it would be too bad
ohwell.gif

the **%* am i kidding, DONT GO!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom