European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

i'm guessing Sir Alex will play Ronaldo sparingly this coming season...and scout the market for his replacement...
Nani's good,but he's not the finished article yet...

personally,i think Quaresma would be ideal...he had a good Euro campaign,plus he's pretty much in the same mould as Ronaldo...

I'm not trying to be rude, but why would SAF play Ronaldo sparingly and thus decrease his value on the transfer market? If anything, Ronaldo will haveto prove to potential suitors that he is fully recovered from his ankle surgery and he is back to his 2007-08 form.
When is Crissie supposed to come back? I expect Man Utd. to get off to a slow start in the first 4 weeks of the season. The thing is, they are waysuperior than 80% of the Premiership that they can probably get by with a couple of 1-0 wins.

Apparently, Chelsea are holding a press conference in 2 hours announcing a "world exclusive Chelsea story."

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~1365262,00.html

It could be

1. Lampard new contract
2. Robinho agreement

3. Kaka' agreement.

Its most likely Lampard's contract revision because it'd be strange to announce a signing in this manner. Im pretty sure CadenaSER would've brokenthe news that Robinho was sold. Kaka' would be a mega swoop warranting the attention but would find it strange that it didnt leak prior.

Edit:

16.45 Sky Sports News understands that Chelsea's major announcement at 5pm will be the news that Frank Lampard has signed a new contract with the club.

17.00 Confirmation of the news all Chelsea fans have been waiting for, Frank Lampard has put pen to paper on a new five-yeardeal at Stamford Bridge. - Skysports

so wait.. you give a 30 year old.. a 5 year deal? Eh
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Rukawa sj

I don't know about paying 28mil for a 28 year old...

madrid payed like 36m for zizou when he was 28. i feel berbs is one of those strikers that can play at a good level up until 33 or so. kind of like drogbabut to a lesser degree.

LOL... anymore crazy "Henry to Utd" rumors? not that I see that happening, of course... then again, Damon did end up with the Yankees, soanything's possible I guess... didn't watch a lot of Barca last season so I dunno if I want it to happen...

we got our striker we dont need henry now....berbatov is better than him right now anyway...thats not saying henry isnt good

Originally Posted by IronmanFitness

we got our striker we dont need henry now....berbatov is better than him right now anyway...thats not saying henry isnt good

Henry > Berbatov. Barca just wasn't playing him in the right position...

^ Agreed.

They finally did kept Eto'o.. still easily top 5 striker in the world now. Letting him go is just eh.

Still.. Anyone catch Ronaldinho @ the Olys? His touch is amazing.. different level of competition, but still its promising for Milan.

and by the way,was anyone watching Man U's pre-season matches?
i thought the Brazilian twins have lots of talent and great potential to succeed...

Originally Posted by I3

^ Agreed.

They finally did kept Eto'o.. still easily top 5 striker in the world now. Letting him go is just eh.

Still.. Anyone catch Ronaldinho @ the Olys? His touch is amazing.. different level of competition, but still its promising for Milan.

He's had some great touches, but he looks lazy and out of shape out there.

The Berbatov deal isn't final. Apparently Tottenham are saying he's starting the season with them and Barca is saying they want in on the sweepstakes.

[h1]Mutu ordered to pay £13.68million to Chelsea[/h1]

FIFA have ordered Adrian Mutu to pay Chelsea £13.68million in compensation after being tested positive for cocaine while at Stamford Bridge.

mutu-275.jpg

The Fiorentina striker has been forced to pay for his past.

Mutu, 29, failed a drug test in 2004 and was banned for seven months before moving to Juventus and Fiorentina after getting sacked by Chelsea.

Link

Cocaine is a helluva drug!

Cant believe Mikel Silvestre sealed a deal with Arsenal.. I didn't see that one coming at all... And did anyone see Bojinov tear ligaments this pastweekend? Whens this kid going to catch a break, he has so much talent.

this thread died...

I just wanted to post how HILARIOUS and IRONIC I find el diablo Ramon Calderon acting rightnow with the whole Robinho situation.

Accusing CFC of wrongdoing, when they did what HE was doing with CR7 and MUFC, %+$# crybaby can't have his cake and eat it too
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
IRONYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Back
Top Bottom