European Soccer off-season transfer thread...

He's alright I guess, I've watched him play more than a few times. I still am not cool with that because that'll be money in Vasco's pocket.
sick.gif

I forgot to update the situation. Reports from Brasil indicated that the deal was done. Total agreement between both clubs had been reached.However those reports were withdrawn, and the story was changed to "a deal was close." It turns out Inter Milan became involved at the last moment,outbidding Real Madrid in the process. Thus, Inter won the battle to sign Coutinho.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ Real Madrid for offering only 6 million Euros for Van der Vaart. No shame in doing so either.
Im pretty confident a deal will get done. Obviously, not for 6 Million but definitely not for 25 like they wanted last year. I like this transferin general.

Spanish Media reports Real Madrid's Plan "B" if CR transfer fails = David Villa.

^Still undecided. If I had to bet money, I'd bet he stays for another year.

Has anyone else read that Van der Vaart has a 1.5m euro buyout clause next year? If that's true, it's almost certain he'll get dealt.

the buyout clause is true, so it'd be pretty stupid for him not to get dealt. might as well get the most value out of him before he walks away for peanuts.

The recent reports claim Hamburg will take 13 Million for vdV. It was mentioned before that RM want to seal the deal before the Emirates Cup.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Lootpac

Tevez was officially signed for 32 million pounds.

I guess they won't be going after Berbatov any more.

My understanding is that they don't have much cash right now, which is understandable, so the only way they buy Berbatov is if thet sell Ronaldo.

been out of this thread for a minute....

but any news on everton? i just got tickets for the everton v chicago fire match next wednesday.
pimp.gif
i cant wait even though i hate everton.
tongue.gif

anyone read that fabregas hinted he may leave arsenal next season?

and on mutv today its still believed they will be signing a striker. saf cant really afford to start the season with two strikers.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

and on mutv today its still believed they will be signing a striker. saf cant really afford to start the season with two strikers.
Ya I read that about Fabregas also, where do you see him going? I think hed be a great fit at Barca. Him and Messi on the same team together would be aforce.

Ducktales, ducktales and more ducktales. He won't be leaving Arsenal anytime soon, he signed a big contract middle of last year and explained he lovesplaying for them and can't see himself playing anywhere else. The rumors of that were because Hleb was saying since him and Cesc are really good friends,Cesc would love to play with him again. But leaving Arsenal soon, won't happen. He and Wenger have a great relationship and both enjoy eachothers companyvery much.

fabregas won't be leaving anytime soon, but it's safe to say, even for an arsenal fan, that he won't be ending his career at arsenal either.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Ducktales, ducktales and more ducktales. He won't be leaving Arsenal anytime soon, he signed a big contract middle of last year and explained he loves playing for them and can't see himself playing anywhere else. The rumors of that were because Hleb was saying since him and Cesc are really good friends, Cesc would love to play with him again. But leaving Arsenal soon, won't happen. He and Wenger have a great relationship and both enjoy eachothers company very much.

I dunno though, he said that he brushed Madrid off this season, but wouldn't rule it out for next season, or something to that effect. This was fromCesc's mouth. I can see it, I mean all we heard about last summer was both Real and Barca fighting for the kid. I really don't think Cesc and Hleb arethat great of friends, but I dunno, I think Hleb's crap was more that he was trying to do a little unsettling of Arsenal. I don't see Cesc staying inLondon more than 2 more seasons. Its like going to play for the Lakers when you spent your whole life in LA and then went and played in chicago or something,you're at a good team, but the guys from the hometown team you loved want you, you can't resist that for very long.
but any news on everton? i just got tickets for the everton v chicago fire match next wednesday.
pimp.gif
i cant wait even though i hate everton.
I'll be seeing them on Saturday vs the Rapids. I'm indifferent to them but I can't wait to see some big time guys play live.

Originally Posted by Malloy19

Ya I read that about Fabregas also, where do you see him going? I think hed be a great fit at Barca. Him and Messi on the same team together would be a force.

actually he mentioned real madrid. contracts dont arent worth the paper they are written on anymore. look at ronaldo?

If he went to the RM then
sick.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif
. It's a wrap for the world. That's disgusting. Especially because like it or not, CR7 will be there sooner orlater.

Fabregas will eventually go to Real Madrid or Barcelona, it's inevitable. I'm going to predict that he gets fed up after 2 more trophy-less seasons atArsenal.

Cesc said he dreamed of playing for RM right? He came from the Barca system. Lol.

I do think CR7 will stay at ManU this year.

How is Theo Wallcott doing? I can't remember what game it was, but he got on as a sub, dribbled the whole field and assisted one goal. From that moment onI was hooked!

Originally Posted by I3

Cesc said he dreamed of playing for RM right? He came from the Barca system. Lol.

I do think CR7 will stay at ManU this year.

How is Theo Wallcott doing? I can't remember what game it was, but he got on as a sub, dribbled the whole field and assisted one goal. From that moment on I was hooked!

think that goal was vs spurs in the first leg of the carling cup? watched it at the pub.

cooled his interest in Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is weighing up a shock £15m bid forBarcelona's ex-Arsenal forward Thierry Henry. (Daily Star)
alien.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

United, meanwhile, are ready to sell their injury-prone forward Louis Saha to Paris St Germain, freeing up funds for new arrivals. (Daily Mirror)

Striker Robbie Keane is expected at Liverpool for a medical to seal his £20m move from Tottenham. (Daily Star)

Wantaway Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, who has been targeted by Liverpool, is to be offered a new four-year contract at Villa Park that would resultin him earning as much as a 50% pay rise. (Various)

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has hinted he may be interested in a move to Real Madrid but not this summer. (Various)
[table][tr][td]
o.gif
[/td] [td]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38816283
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Newcastle are prepared to pay £7m for Real Madrid's former Arsenal forward Julio Baptista, although the Spanish club want closer to £12m. (DailyTelegraph)

Real themselves want a new striker and will turn to Valencia's David Villa in a £30m deal that will end their interest in Manchester Unitedwinger Cristiano Ronaldo. (Daily Star)

Sunderland will complete the signing of El-Hadji Diouf from Bolton for £2.5m on Monday. (Various)

After months of uncertainty about his future, Portsmouth striker Kanu will turn down a lucrative move to the United States and sign a rolling12-month contract extension this week. (The Sun)

Tottenham have enquired about the availability of 27-year-old IF Elfsborg goalkeeper Johan Wiland. (Telegraph)

Palermo have triggered a Premier League scramble to sign Mark Bresciano after confirming the Australia midfielder can leave for £5m, with Blackburn,West Ham and Fulham all in the hunt. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City have entered the race to sign Marseille's Nigerian left-back Taye Taiwo for £6m. (Daily Mirror)

West Brom's attempts to sign Polish international Radoslaw Majewski appear to have stalled after the Premier League side and Groclin Dyskoboliafailed to agree a fee. (Daily Telegraph)

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock has made a last-ditch bid to sign Coventry's Michael Mifsud from under the noses of Bristol City. (The Sun)

The finance for that deal would come from Birmingham, who have lined up a £2m bid for Palace midfielder Ben Watson. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is ready to hijack a bid from Ipswich to land former Manchester City defender Ben Thatcher, who is now a free agent. (The Sun)

Bolton are to launch a new bid, thought to be in the region of £3m, for Reading midfielder James Harper now Middlesbrough appear to have lostinterest. (Daily Mirror)

http://

OTHER GOSSIP

Former Derby chairman Peter Gadsby has offered to buy the club back after accusing the new American board of failing to invest in the club sincetheir £50m takeover. (Various)

Manchester United have moved quickly to finalise the details of Carol Tevez's £32m British record transfer after Real Madrid were among those enquiringabout his availability. (Daily Mail)

Walsall have signed former England striker Michael Ricketts for a third time. (Daily Mirror)

Thomas Gravesen's agent says the Dane will see out his contract at Celtic, despite the Scottish Premier League champions' manager Gordon Strachaninsisting the midfielder has played his last game for the club. (Daily Telegraph)

Former Newcastle and Chelsea full-back Celestine Babayaro will be offered a one-year deal with Portsmouth after overcoming malaria.(Various)

AND FINALLY

In a bid end their seemingly endless tale of injury misery, West Ham have linked up with Roehampton University, which has assessed the club'sset-up and recommended installing modern equipment, using yet more medical staff and moving the training ground. (The Times)

Six years after the collapse of his career in the Premier League following a failed drug test, Mark Bosnich, 36, saved a penalty and kept a clean sheetduring a spectacular comeback to football on Sunday. The former Aston Villa, Manchester United and Chelsea goalkeeper starred in Central Coast's 3-0 winagainst Sydney in an Australian A-League pre-season cup match. (The Guardian)

Real themselves want a new striker and will turn to Valencia's David Villa in a £30m deal that will end their interest in Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

thank God...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom