Ever got a Prof to help on final grade avg?

How should i approach my prof to give me 1% on my grade?
I showed up to class 90% of time.
Teacher assistant knows me from visiting office hours to review test.

Most profs will bump you up just for walking into their office and discussing the test (and analyzing why you got the grade you did). Shows you give a crap.

Unfortunately 69 to 70.

I know thats real bad, but its been a tough semester and working a lot of hours also.

Told my history professor I was really worried about my final grade the day of my final. Told him being in college was so here wrecking and the pressure to do well was so overwhelming that it's a wonder I could even remember my name to put on the heading of the paper. He chuckled and said not to worry about it. Got an A in the class. It was partially bs, partially true. I'd studied, but knew I missed some questions. Dude was cool. Doesn't hurt if you participated in class discussions.

My junior year in philosophy. Sent my professor an email early in the semester saying I would miss class because I had to take my new born daughter to the hospital. Every time I missed class, I said it was because of my daughter. Did well on all my assignments, but my school had a strict attendance policy where you receive an F if you missed more than 4 days of class. End of the semester rolls around. Professor tells me I missed 11 classes (I didn't like night classes). Says he's gonna have to fail me despite the B I had without the attendance issue. Told him I understood and accepted responsibility for my actions. Then he asks how my daughter was doing. Had a talk with him about how being a new parent is difficult, especially at my age and being in school. Talked for about 30 minutes and we didn't even bring back up the grade. Turns out he let me keep my B. I have no kids.

Sometimes you just gotta talk to professors. They're people too. Some are cool, some aren't. For 1 percentage point I would go all out but it shouldn't eem be that hard.

But like someone else said, don't ask for it. Ask if you can do anything (ie revised homework assignment, paper, quiz, etc) before the deadline to get the extra point.

Last edited:
Don't ask for the bump.
Ask for an opportunity to earn the bump.

Yup, I went to my prof to ask for extra credit after scoring C's on all midterms, she denied me. I got a very good score on the final and she threw out all my midterm scores and gave me the A even though the syllabus said the final was ~25% of the grade.

we used to intimidate this asian lady for passing grades
mean.gif

Told my history professor I was really worried about my final grade the day of my final. Told him being in college was so here wrecking and the pressure to do well was so overwhelming that it's a wonder I could even remember my name to put on the heading of the paper. He chuckled and said not to worry about it. Got an A in the class. It was partially bs, partially true. I'd studied, but knew I missed some questions. Dude was cool. Doesn't hurt if you participated in class discussions.
My junior year in philosophy. Sent my professor an email early in the semester saying I would miss class because I had to take my new born daughter to the hospital. Every time I missed class, I said it was because of my daughter. Did well on all my assignments, but my school had a strict attendance policy where you receive an F if you missed more than 4 days of class. End of the semester rolls around. Professor tells me I missed 11 classes (I didn't like night classes). Says he's gonna have to fail me despite the B I had without the attendance issue. Told him I understood and accepted responsibility for my actions. Then he asks how my daughter was doing. Had a talk with him about how being a new parent is difficult, especially at my age and being in school. Talked for about 30 minutes and we didn't even bring back up the grade. Turns out he let me keep my B. I have no kids.
Sometimes you just gotta talk to professors. They're people too. Some are cool, some aren't. For 1 percentage point I would go all
out but it shouldn't eem be that hard.
But like someone else said, don't ask for it. Ask if you can do anything (ie revised homework assignment, paper, quiz, etc) before the deadline to get the extra point.

lol damn bro

Sometimes you just gotta talk to professors. They're people too. Some are cool, some aren't. For 1 percentage point I would go all out but it shouldn't eem be that hard.

F you man. Haha. I have a daughter, 6 months. Don't really work for me :frown: At least for my hardest class.

that is straight up genius. I need to lie about having a kid

Should've been buttering him up since the semester started. Even more help if the whole class is doing it and has some sort of fun relationship during class.

Props to iBlink. I use to stay lying like that. Talk about jobs I didn't have, anything in the paper I was there, just these bold faced lies that would be disrespectful and insulting if you questioned me about it to see if I was lying.

Last edited:
I got the idea from one of my brothers who actually has a kid. Little man had a revolving door at the hospital early on. My brother ended up missing a ton of classes and failed. His teachers gave 0 dambs. I always found it ironic that the excuse worked for me. Been using it ever since. This past semester I used it to get my stats teacher to readmit me into the class after I'd missed some deadline for a sign up or something.

Should've been buttering him since the semester started. Even more help if the whole class is doing it and has some sort of fun relationship during class.

Yep. You always gotta paint yourself in a positive light with these professors. Especially early on. Them liking your or not could be the difference between a B and an A.

I got the idea from one of my brothers who actually has a kid. Little man had a revolving door at the hospital early on. My brother ended up missing a ton of classes and failed. His teachers gave 0 dambs. I always found it ironic that the excuse worked for me. Been using it ever since. This past semester I used it to get my stats teacher to readmit me into the class after I'd missed some deadline for a sign up or something.

I suggest you bring your brother's kid to meet your profs one day.

If you've been visiting the professor since the start he might. But if you wait till the end and try some lame excuse don't waste your time. Take your L and retake the class.

Yes im going to ask for that 1%.
I will post her Ratemyprofessor page later so you could see what im dealing with.

Yep. You always gotta paint yourself in a positive light with these professors. Especially early on. Them liking your or not could be the difference between a B and an A.

what happens if they ask for pics of your kid :nerd:

they don't....i guessing you've never been to college

take it yeezy man

homie was talkin bout sayin he talkin to his prof about his kid for 30 minutes

i figure if you talking bout someone for that long hes ganna be bound to ask for a pic eventually

Back
Top Bottom