Ever Up And Moved To A New State? Give Me Your Experiences

Do it, it will change your life, I promise ...all you need is about $3000, unless you're moving to LA or NY, then maybe $8000-$10,000 should get you set up.

Planning on making a move to the DMV area by the latest Sept. I finish my volunteer service year in May but I'm job hunting now hoping I land a gig by the time I'm done.

Jacksonville, FL has nothing to offer me anymore except fam and friends.

I'm making the move to DC after this semester is up. Decided to stay an extra semester to boost for grad school but after talking with my boy this past Christmas while in DC. He said should make the move regardless if I have a job or not. Also it will be easier for me to find a job while I am living here. He has told me for some years that has a room at his place for me to live until I get my stuff together.

Been applying for jobs since December while debating on if im going to drive there or ship my car and belongs thru an airline. Kind of feel it is a good experience to drive to your new city unless you are traveling with just the clothes on your back.

Didn't know it would be so hard to get a job let alone an interview as an out of state applicant. I want to enjoy the rest of my 20s experiencing life to the fullest in another big city (have done Baltimore, Philly, & NYC already). Opportunities in Cali and ATL have popped up but the $ just not right for me to justify moving there. I'm praying to get a job, get my $ up, and then move else where, even it means taking a job at Best Buy in the new city.

Last edited:
I've been considering moving for the past few months, but it's so difficult to get a job out of state.
I'm 25 if that matters.

EDIT: It's difficult to get a job in my own damn state :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom