ever write a complaint letter to head office? need advice!

i had a bad experience with a large company's retail store management and i feel that someone needs to know.
this isnt about a product/service but rather how management handled a situation over the course of month or more, 

I wont get into details but lets just say I feel like they mishandled it and a mistake was made.

for anyone that has ever wrote to head office, please chime in and give any advice you could as well as the result you got if any.

thanks 

1. Have a clear understanding of what your point/objective is.
2. Select a direct or indirect approach depending on what you want the company to do.
3. Read the letter before sending it.
4. Restate what you want to company to do in the final paragraph (to reinforce what you want)
5. Don't be a ****. You'll get more by not being a ****.

I had an issue with Hawaiian Airlines making a mistake in booking my flight. I called customer service and they said I would have to pay a change fee and the difference in fair (x 2 because it was a pair of tickets). I wrote an email to the CEO and got a call 2 days later and everything was made right. I also had an issue recently with State Farm regarding a claim. I wrote the CEO and they waived my deductible. I only take it to that level after I have exhausted all options and I have a legitimate gripe. I'm not one of these dudes that just complains to get stuff for free. I can't stand those people. These corporations are worth billions of dollars and to waive small charges is nothing to them. I'm not going to be taken advantage of. "5. Don't be a ****. You'll get more by not being a ****." This! These people get yelled at all day long when they finally get someone pleasant to speak to they end up doing it as a thank you for not making their day miserable. Good luck!

Whats your goal for writing this letter. If youre doing it to get something for free then do your thing. But if youre doing it to get someone in trouble then youre being a rat.

I feel this was because i used to work retail. Youre taking the time out of your life just to get someone else in trouble. Think about it, they work retail already why would you make it any worse. You're messing with someones livelihood. also the only people that write complaint letters for my old work are old women who dont have time

dn616766 - that thought has came across my mind and im not going to snitch by naming names but management is to blame and they can figure out who my complaint is about.
my livelihood has been put at stake, i lost a job and potentially a future with a company i believe in.

i did everything right, went through the motions, followed up accordingly and was lead on to believe that what i was doing/saying was correct and welcomed, only then to get door slammed.. my opportunities to speak are exhausted and i need to look out for myself 

sidenote..
do i write to the president/ceo or human resources?

Back
Top Bottom