Every single dunk post yall complain like 'oh i wish they made 2 tone dunks'...1 question:

Those that say that...why aren't you scooping the plethora of 2 tone 6.0s, GRs, even quickstrikes, that fit that description, or just plain old IDingthem???

for me, the only reason I haven't is because I'm watching my spending. There are a few GR highs that came out recently that I still don'tlike(they're not 2-tone but they're still GR's), but like the ice blue lows, the navy/grey 6.0's, some black/charcoal grey/red 6.0 lows, and afew others all caught my eye.

I can't speak for everyone else, but it's not EVERYONE on NT, that's what I wanted to get at.

Many reasons:

1. Quality or lack there of. Older GRs, LEs, etc. use better quality leather.
2. Many of the colorways have been wack or cheap imitations of of OG or '99-'02 colorways/
3. Midsole stitching. Many of the newer releases have had contrast midsole stitching which I almost always hate.
4. Leather tongues. Give me a nylon tongue or at LEAST a mesh tongue.
5. As far as Nike ID is concerned, I haven't had great experiences with them. Sizing has been off when I've ordered and so has shape. I actuallyordered some two tone dunks when they were doing the March Madness lows and ended up selling them because they were so big on me.
6. Nostalgia. I will admit that I like going back and grabbing certain kicks that I didn't have the funds or means to buy when I was younger.

If Nike released some two-tone GRs with nylon tongues, no contrast midsole stitching and good leather I would be all over them (assuming I liked the colorway).

Hope that helps.

all I can say is u can't judge sneakerheads by nike talkers. they are like the comic book collectors and nerds. . .every post is oh I wish it was mesh oroh I wish it was og colors. . . smh then when a gr comes out they pass cus deep down they don't wanna wear something that's not limited. wow.

one other thing. . .expect tons of posts about the poor quality ha even thoug they are 200% better quality now but you know how these guys are.

200% better now? really? i haven't bought nike's in a while..but for them to be 200% better, quality wise now, they must be blessed by God orindestructible or something.

I'm never one to complain about the lack of mesh on a shoe but in the case of Dunks, mesh increases comfort ten-fold

Perfect example for me would be the Goldenrod-esque GR's with the white check, the tounge made it feel like I was wearing the shoe box

But contrary to my avy, I dont buy many Dunks anyway

i think its because when they actually do come out with two tone colored dunks they use a white based colorway and then something else, for me i like it morewhen there is two other colors besides white or even black.

I just don't rock that many dunks period...........I do have 99' kentucky HI's wit da nylon and people always askin me bout em.

2 tones are cool but when they put the colors in the right spots. but as homie above me i dont rock dunks that much either i only own 2 pair(lows)

Originally Posted by AAclaire420

I had those splatters for you bootleg ed but you never came through so I ended up selling them

Thats not even close to true. You had them, you showed them to me, you told me the price...a day later i said 'alright' you said 'oops ialready sold them for more for a meet-up'

so my search continues.

---------------

and to the topic at hand the quality of those dunks are not low...ironically the lowest quality dunks these days have been more limit joints like the Jordandunks. Not a big fan of leather tounges on dunk His though...

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

Those that say that...why aren't you scooping the plethora of 2 tone 6.0s, GRs, even quickstrikes, that fit that description, or just plain old IDing them???

regarding iD, the quality (bad to begin with) went way down during the same color palette. at the end of 2006, they put them up for the first time and hadthem for $100. I bought some. and then i bought some more in january for the same $100. And i noticed the quality of the "leather" went from bad tohorrible. i mean the pair i bought in january had the "Wet-cardboard" type toe-box whereas the ones from december had stiffer toe-boxes. now, theyprice them at $110 and i bet the quality is just as bad or even worse. not worth spending money on.

dont like the color combo's...but some tier 0 dunks are sick like the red destroyers
happy.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Those that say that...why aren't you scooping the plethora of 2 tone 6.0s, GRs, even quickstrikes, that fit that description, or just plain old IDing them???

regarding iD, the quality (bad to begin with) went way down during the same color palette. at the end of 2006, they put them up for the first time and had them for $100. I bought some. and then i bought some more in january for the same $100. And i noticed the quality of the "leather" went from bad to horrible. i mean the pair i bought in january had the "Wet-cardboard" type toe-box whereas the ones from december had stiffer toe-boxes. now, they price them at $110 and i bet the quality is just as bad or even worse. not worth spending money on.

I can't front the IDs i made were SUPER DUPER weak quality and ran huge....but still my point remains.

regarding iD, the quality (bad to begin with) went way down during the same color palette. at the end of 2006, they put them up for the first time and had them for $100. I bought some. and then i bought some more in january for the same $100. And i noticed the quality of the "leather" went from bad to horrible. i mean the pair i bought in january had the "Wet-cardboard" type toe-box whereas the ones from december had stiffer toe-boxes. now, they price them at $110 and i bet the quality is just as bad or even worse. not worth spending money on.

I can't front the IDs i made were SUPER DUPER weak quality and ran huge....but still my point remains.
You just answered your own question. Poor quality and wack colorways, plain and simple. I'm not going to front and say Niketalkers don't likerare sneakers (including myself sometimes), but it's not that complex in this case. Nike has been putting out trash. Also, why would I want a lameimitation of Grods for example, when I can still find Grods from '99?

Originally Posted by jvhoop22

You just answered your own question. Poor quality and wack colorways, plain and simple. I'm not going to front and say Niketalkers don't like rare sneakers (including myself sometimes), but it's not that complex in this case. Nike has been putting out trash. Also, why would I want a lame imitation of Grods for example, when I can still find Grods from '99?

But how many times have they retroed red, blue, white, brown, 2 tone dunk lows. I saw them in a store this month. Yet people constantly white about 2tones. They constantly release 2 tone dunks in the 6.0 line but i have never ever seen a thread on them here.
The quality argument only applies to iDs imo. Especially when QS and other limited are of the same quality.

I think 6.0's don't get any love because they're generally perceived as second or third rate SB's not necessarily because of quality, butbecause they're so widely available to everyone. The idea of Pac-Sun of all places carrying 6.0's probably turns many people off from the get go.

Limited kicks make a lot of "sneaker heads" feel unique and subsequently special.

Dunks pretty much suck now. And not because the hype is gone, either. Horrible colorways and even worse quality. End of story. Gimme the BTTYS school jointswithout the vintage treatment, and I'd be good.

HERES WHAT HAPPENED
Back a couple years ago the dunks that were wild and crazy were not common, and were hard to get.
WE BEGGED NIKE TO MAKE LOUDER COLORS
WE GOT WHAT WE WISHED FOR
NOW WE COMPLAIN.
Also Nike thinks that if they make enough designs that one will trigger the magic that was made by the Diamond dunks, but has failed since then.
The diamond dunk is the most hyped up shoe in history of shoes, and is the best dunk ever made.

With the question of just Nike ID them.

I gladly did. I struggled for years to try to find a size 13 Reverse Michigan Lows, pretty much my all time favorite colorway. And jumped on the chance ofordering them the second they were available. Still love them, wear them all the time.

Back
Top Bottom