Everyone post your favorite 80's hits! Vol. one at a time & post story of when u 1st heard song

time for something new up in this section...thought about it while on youtube.

yo, im a closet 80's fiend for music...and im talking about all of it, da hair bands, da power ballads, da R&B's da cheesy pop

records, da thrash metal, da golden era hiphop, da theme songs to TV shows, everything. etc.

i want you guys to post 80's heat from 1980- 1989 ONLY

i wanna put my ipod thats been collecting dust thru some work out..

here's my contribution for my first post. to make it interesting  after you post da record, post a sentence da first time you

every heard it... should make for some interesting stories...

hmmm...first time i ever heard this joint i think i was 7 in Harlem playing street fighter II on a Saturday afternoon at a laundrymat

and some black lady was folding her clothes with her mini transistor radio pumping it..then DMX sampled it.

I appreciate this thread, I'll be back .
here's another one for da road...

grand theft auto V strip club.
laugh.gif

This is one of my favorite eras of music for songs like these, I'll definitely be a regular in this thread. I hope it blows up and people post more songs I've never heard.

I want to say Vice City put me on to this :smokin

Last edited:
Props to u ninjahood (repped). 80s rock n pop is my guilty pleasure, my girl is the only person who knows i listen to it faithfully.

*cues depeche mode- strangelove*

The gawd michael mcdonald- i keep forgettin

Props to u ninjahood (repped). 80s rock n pop is my guilty pleasure, my girl is the only person who knows i listen to it faithfully.

*cues depeche mode- strangelove*

View media item 607167
Speaking of GTA, this joint is so smooth

Really got into a lot of 80s joints when watching Miami Vice. I'm 20 so everybody looks at me weird when I bump this stuff.

The Daytona glimmering and Tubbs loading up the compact ?!:smh::x :smokin

I got more.

I actually can't remember where I first heard these two.

EDIT: Justicedivine beat me to Love is a Battlefield :smokin

Last edited:

I think 50 Cent had a song where he either sampled this or sang it himself, and then after hunting for a while (I remembered hearing it before, probably on the radio), I finally stumbled across the original song.

Last edited:
Song titles are slipping my mind right now, but a lot of the music from the 80's resonates with me pretty well, specifically the soundtracks from Big Trouble In Little China, Trading Places, and Coming To America. Whether it was the classic rock stuff or that airy sounding pop, I still get a kick out of it. That type of music really reminds me of old Street Fighter/Streets of Rage/Final Fight stage levels :lol:

fellas im loving what im seeing in here so far
pimp.gif
, with that said, try to post one song per post with da first time you heard it. (avoid stacking)

that way each song can get properly introduced by folks who aren't familiar...i don't want people with short attention spans to just skim posts and miss out

on heat.

ite so..

obviously from top gun....i can't even see a jet without this joint popping in my head...and if im in a long car drive i always play it at least once
laugh.gif

Song titles are slipping my mind right now, but a lot of the music from the 80's resonates with me pretty well, specifically the soundtracks from Big Trouble In Little China, Trading Places, and Coming To America. Whether it was the classic rock stuff or that airy sounding pop, I still get a kick out of it. That type of music really reminds me of old Street Fighter/Streets of Rage/Final Fight stage levels
laugh.gif
i LOVE all that stuff...and those games basically emulate when NY was straight up gritty, full of drugs, poverty, with pop synths, guitar solos and power ballads
laugh.gif

Kurtis Blow- Basketball

the first hiphop song  I ever heard...I remember my pops having the record and playing it over and over again. We use to randomly say "to the hoop ya'll'!!" everywhere we went. I still know it word for word till this day. That song played a big influence in  my love for rap and basketball. (you could imagine my reaction when I popped in NBA2K12 for the first play)

The Karate Kid.

It saddens me that there is a large portion of young people that will forever associate the term "Cruel Summer" exclusively with that humdrum GOOD album.

First time I heard "Stand" was it being the theme song for the tv show "Get a Life." I was only 5 and 6 when the show was on television but I remember the song being just so damn catchy and loving the show with my mom.

I'm a youngin', hence the SN, but Vice City put me onto 80's music to be honest, and I like it. Lol

But this is one of my favorites right here.

Everything about it sounds so old school to me.

Last edited:
this is my first memory of music. my parents bought me the single on cassette and i clearly remember rocking the f*** out to it in our old apt. on 164th street in Jamaica

]

the God juice
]

GOAT
]

My man justicedivine went IN!

A lot of the R+B joints from this era I've posted in the R+B thread.

I got arrested in Miami once and "Cruel Summer" is the song I always remember from that night.

A few favorites on some "80's" ****.....all day, I could do this.....

Back
Top Bottom