EVO 4G Vol. This phone is a beast!!

not dual radios, 3 radios. 1x/EV-DO Rev. A (3G)/WiMAX..

doesn't mean you'll be able to browse and talk at the same time. just that you'll be switching between the 3 connections when either one is available.

correct me if im wrong tho

Don't they require your plan to be 40.00 a month to use new smart phones? For us sero users can't we just add insurance to make it over 40?

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

Don't they require your plan to be 40.00 a month to use new smart phones? For us sero users can't we just add insurance to make it over 40?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

my dude got them to just add the data to his free plan
im hoping I can do this for this phone

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by UnCalled4Boy

I Jus Looked At My Pre And Got Sad
grin.gif

...Oh Well I Wanna See Wat The New WebOS Phone Goin Be Like

webOS > android
Honestly....I am not trying to be biased in any way but.....

It's absolutely AMAZING how webOS' ideologies are being being cloned by Android...HEAVY and receives no credit. Palm Pre/Pixi has already killed the game several times over and every time webOS updates you get new capabilities (instead of having to purchase a new gimmick model ala Iphone and Android users). But Palm is dumb, if there hardware looked as sexy as Android's then there truly would be know competition.

People just don't know. Basically everything you see in Android was already being done in Palm. But Palm phones look like booty ...so they lose.

And this is also coming from a person who is a fan of Android (simply because Android is making iPhone look like garbo).

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

grin.gif

webOS > android

It's absolutely AMAZING how webOS' ideologies are being being cloned by Android...HEAVY and receives no credit. Palm Pre/Pixi has already killed the game several times over and every time webOS updates you get new capabilities (instead of having to purchase a new gimmick model ala Iphone and Android users). But Palm is dumb, if there hardware looked as sexy as Android's then there truly would be know competition.

People just don't know. Basically everything you see in Android was already being done in Palm. But Palm phones look like booty ...so they lose.

And this is also coming from a person who is a fan of Android (simply because Android is making iPhone look like garbo).

-The Juice

Yea as an operating system I would take webos over any other phones platform right now. The hardware is just horrendous. Give me a slate or a landscape keyboard phone. Who wants a vertical slider? Plus I have heard so many stories about pre's breaking that I don't want to go near one. The engadget podcast brought up the idea the other day of htc buying palm. That would be my dream scenario. Imagine webos running on evo hardware.

I am really disappointed with my N900 and I was actually planning on copping the sony xperia x10, but now I might consider this.

another thing is if the xperia is priced at 700-800, I am pretty sure this will be priced pretty high as well.

also the front facing camera is really useless till the 4g is up and skype steps it up with video chat/call. I have a front cam on my n900 and it really have no purpose unless you are trying to do RSS feed with wi-fi connection.

ALSO CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A DEDICATE "ALL CELL INQUIRY" THREAD?

Looks amazing. ..

However, Few points:
  • I overclocked my Motorola Droid to 1.2Ghz..So other than extra RAM and a few other goodies, my droid > this.
  • Verizon > Sprint.
  • Some .02......android > Iphone OS...
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
    ..can't even handle two tasks at the same time
Originally Posted by J23Diego

This phone is overrated

iPhone > Blackberry > any other phone

Please elaborate on what your iPhone(3 generations in) is capable of that my droid isn't(1 generation)

Most people like the Iphone for the simplicity really, the interface is real basic. Also the touch screen is one of the best, if not the best. It responds pretty well. If you've a mac then it basically is the best phone for you as everything is intertwined with it. Asides from that there is nothing really that makes it better than most phones.

and this is coming from a former Iphone user, I had one from 07-08. I did buy into the hype and was not really disappointed at the time, but I can't say the same now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

grin.gif

webOS > android

-The Juice

Yea as an operating system I would take webos over any other phones platform right now. The hardware is just horrendous. Give me a slate or a landscape keyboard phone. Who wants a vertical slider? Plus I have heard so many stories about pre's breaking that I don't want to go near one. The engadget podcast brought up the idea the other day of htc buying palm. That would be my dream scenario. Imagine webos running on evo hardware.
If this were to actually happen, HTC would control the market easy, because if these 2 joined it would CRUSH every single phone on the market. Making every phone company go belly up. The ONLY thing iPhone is still "king" of is Apps. But Android is on their heels.

on the topic of Palm hardware.....its GARBAGE! The only reason I haven't bought a blackberry or an android phone is because webOS is just so clutch. webOS seems to do things the RIGHT way. Whenever there is an outcry from the Palm community ....Palm quickly solves and delivers with an update. IE: people complained about lag issues, wanted a more optimized browser, wanted a video recording feature, etc

so what did Palm do?
Instead of coming out with a new phone calling it the "Palm Pre 2" or the "Palm Pre S" or the "Palm Pre Nexus". They chose to do the RIGHT thing and gave us ALL the updates we wanted FREE in a webOS update
pimp.gif
And not only did they fulfill our request, they even made more enhancements.

but like I said...Android look and hardware >>>> Palm by miles.

-The Juice

* waits for International GSM version....

Nice to see front facing camera on phone in the US!.... I believe this is the 1st front facing camera phone on US carrier.

Candidate for my upgrade:

HTC EV0 ( if international version is release)

Nokia N8-00 (leaked today!)

Originally Posted by derventa

Looks amazing. ..

However, Few points:
  • I overclocked my Motorola Droid to 1.2Ghz..So other than extra RAM and a few other goodies, my droid > this.
  • Verizon > Sprint.
  • Some .02......android > Iphone OS...
    roll.gif
    roll.gif
    ..can't even handle two tasks at the same time
laugh.gif
Like you won't be able to overclock this?

Back
Top Bottom