Exclusive: Dolphins to deal Taylor to 49ers!!!!!

I don't know how true or reliable this source is but i received an email from a buddy of mine last night. here is the article:

Exclusive: Dolphins to deal Taylor to 49ers
The Dolphins will gain two draft picks in trade with San Francisco
By Travis Rickster - print article
Published: April 1, 2008
The Miami Dolphins finally resolved the lingering status of Jason Taylor today, by trading him to the San Francisco 49ers for a first and third round pick. Thepicks (29th and 70th overall) give the Dolphins a smattering of picks in this year's draft. Miami's new Executive Vice President of FootballOperations, Bill Parcells, now owns the 1st, 29th, 32nd, 58th, 64th and 70th picks of the NFL draft.

taylor_jason.gif

Miami's Jason Taylor (AP)
With an unprecedented number of picks in the first three rounds, the Dolphins are poised to improve on last year's dismal 1-15 record.

"Jason Taylor represented the Miami Dolphins admirably in his 11 seasons with the club. We wish him the best with his new team," said Parcells in astatement. "We have no animosity towards Jason, we just felt it was time to move on."

It was no secret that Parcells and Taylor did not envision their futures on the same team. In early March, both sides agreed that it may be best to part waysbefore the NFL Draft on April 29th.

While many teams were rumored to be interested in Taylor, including the Jacksonville Jaguars, it seems that the 49ers came in at the last minute and offeredthe Dolphins a deal they could not refuse.

The 49ers were seeking an upgrade to a defense that has not generated much pass rush over the last couple of seasons. With the free agent additions of JustinSmith and now Jason Taylor, the 49ers are aiming to provide a jump start to an already improving defense.

Jason Taylor is currently a participant on Dancing With the Stars, but sources say he will join the team's offseason program at the conclusion ofhis tenure on the dance competition.

If true, the niners defense is gonna be ridiculous but weren't these draft picks suppose to help the WR core?

smh.gif
sick.gif

If this is true
laugh.gif
@ 9ers

Jason Taylor is an aging Vet, the type of player u add when ur like half a step away from superbowl contention.

9ers have are forming a very nice young core on D, why give up 2 picks for someone that is gonna be out the L in 3 yrs?

If it were true, Parcells would be workin with 3 picks in the first 32 of the draft, and 6 in the first three rounds...
smh.gif
Homie would do DAMAGE.

no offense but parcells didnt really do much with his draft picks when he was with dallas ... anyone would have picked ware when we did and he could have hadsteven jackson but instead opted for a bum lineman and julius jones ...

no offense but parcells didnt really do much with his draft picks when he was with dallas ... anyone would have picked ware when we did and he could have had steven jackson but instead opted for a bum lineman and julius jones ...
You're right, this roster was loaded with talent before Bill ever got here...
eyes.gif

No, not anyone would have picked Ware when we did... Most every scout liked Merriman better, sans the potential attitude problems. The majority of the Boysscouts wanted Merriman, but Tuna made the final call on Ware.

Other than the 2004 draft when he busted out on Rogers and Peterman, and Bobby Carpenter in 2006, Parcells did a pretty damn good job in the War Room. He madethe call on bringing in Romo as a UDFA and keeping him around, knowing all along this guy had what it took to be a top-flight NFL QB... Newman, Witten andBradie James in 2003. Crayton and Reeves (regardless of what you think, he did start games for this team) in the 7th in 2004. Ware, Spears, Barber, Canty,Burnett and Jay Ratliff in 2005. Fasano, Hatcher and Watkins in 2006... Be real, Parcells made a few mistakes, but he did a great job of reloading the rosterand setting this team up for future success. Off the top, that's 7 Pro-Bowlers and about 13 or 14 guys that have started games during their Cowboyscareers, that Parcells brought to Dallas through the Draft in 4 years...

Saying he didn't draft well here is complete ignorance.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

no offense but parcells didnt really do much with his draft picks when he was with dallas ... anyone would have picked ware when we did and he could have had steven jackson but instead opted for a bum lineman and julius jones ...
You're right, this roster was loaded with talent before Bill ever got here...
eyes.gif

No, not anyone would have picked Ware when we did... Most every scout liked Merriman better, sans the potential attitude problems. The majority of the Boys scouts wanted Merriman, but Tuna made the final call on Ware.

Other than the 2004 draft when he busted out on Rogers and Peterman, and Bobby Carpenter in 2006, Parcells did a pretty damn good job in the War Room. He made the call on bringing in Romo as a UDFA and keeping him around, knowing all along this guy had what it took to be a top-flight NFL QB... Newman, Witten and Bradie James in 2003. Crayton and Reeves (regardless of what you think, he did start games for this team) in the 7th in 2004. Ware, Spears, Barber, Canty, Burnett and Jay Ratliff in 2005. Fasano, Hatcher and Watkins in 2006... Be real, Parcells made a few mistakes, but he did a great job of reloading the roster and setting this team up for future success. Off the top, that's 7 Pro-Bowlers and about 13 or 14 guys that have started games during their Cowboys careers, that Parcells brought to Dallas through the Draft in 4 years...

Saying he didn't draft well here is complete ignorance.
Co-freakin-sign

He made the call on bringing in Romo as a UDFA and keeping him around, knowing all along this guy had what it took to be a top-flight NFL QB
L M A O ... check your facts on that one buddy, or just read any romo story you hear ... Parcells wanted nothing to do with romo the gunslingerand the qb coach changed his mind ... fact is, a lot of the picks he has missed on were early rounders and HIS PICKS ... julius was HIS guy,carpenter was HIS guy ... ware is better than merriman but obviously parcells is gonna pass on a guy with character issues ... check the players my man, webasically shouldnt even have drafted in 2004 and he drafted carpenter 18th overall in 2006 ... ... ... thing is he has happened to find solid talent in laterrounds but missed SEVERLY in early rounds ... 2 of 4 drafts were sub par

check the players my man
I did... 7 pro-bowlers and 12-15 starters drafted DURING HIS TENURE. And you're whining about Steven Jackson, when Parcells drafted a pro-bowlRB the next season.
laugh.gif
OK. I don't care what picks he missed on or where he found his talent. Fact is, he was a major orchestrator in putting togetherone of the most talented top-to-bottom rosters in football. If you want to complain about the fact he missed on Stephen Peterman and Jacob Rogers, OK. Thosewere bad picks. 2004 was his only sub-par draft. Passing on Steven Jackson? Who cares? We drafted Barber the next year, and Parcells was going two-back systemanyways... Bobby Carpenter? I'm not gonna write him off after two years.

Tuna wanted nothing to do with Romo? I'd love to see that quote, because I've never heard that one single time. Sean Payton and Parcells both wantedhim here after he went undrafted. Romo had Mike Shanahan blowing his phone up offering more money, but he decided to sign in Dallas because Parcells wantednothing to do with him? Yeah, that makes sense... Did a scout recommend signing him? Yeah, probably. Did Sean Payton's relationship with him influence hiscoming here? Yeah, probably. But saying Parcells wanted nothing to do with him? OK. Find me that quote. I've never heard anyone say that Parcellsdidn't want him here.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

smh.gif
sick.gif

If this is true
laugh.gif
@ 9ers

Jason Taylor is an aging Vet, the type of player u add when ur like half a step away from superbowl contention.

9ers have are forming a very nice young core on D, why give up 2 picks for someone that is gonna be out the L in 3 yrs?

same thing I was thinking

I almost fell for this yesterday and I almost made a thread. Then I read all the way through and it said it was an April Fool's Joke. Had me going lastyear too when they said they traded for Andre Johnson.

If this really happened I'd flip the +!@$ out. That would be the worst trade ever. Not even funny
mad.gif

Yea, this would be pretty stupid. We need that 1st rounder for something more important than the D-Line.........Hell, i dont even know why the mock drafts keepsaying we are drafting a LB, which i still think is a sham, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom