Executive Order : Federal Government to focus on skill based hiring over degree based hiring.

I’m fine with that. But they need to stop pushing that you won’t be **** without a degree fear mongering narrative that schools tend to push.

I know people who took out crazy student loans in hopes of landing a job in that field have to be pissed though.

What does this look like?

How do we know this will actually take place?

How can this be measured?

I'm with DC..........signing an Executive Order is one thing, but it is the EXECUTION that matters here.

Will they be doing "pre-employment skill testing" to measure and demonstrate said skill? Will they be relying on job experience? ETC.

The government hiring process is ancient and out of date.
The clearance process is also annoying AF and needs to be overhauled as well. Every government agency should be required to accept each other’s clearances if you already have what the job requires. I believe there’s only one federal government right?! What you mean The FBI doesn’t accept CIA/DHS/DOD clearances?! Doesn’t make any sense.

Having been on both sides Fed gov and private it’s too many damn hoops to get a gov job.

Prob job prerequisite on usagov.
Got denied for a GS-12 gig due to not having a masters. I do the same damn thing on a state level.

Man, I have been told by Fed. Government HR Employees that USAGov is bogus for the most part since many offices already know who they are going to hire and just have to go through the pleasantries of posting it. (See ROoney Rule)

The government hiring process is ancient and out of date.
The clearance process is also annoying AF and needs to be overhauled as well. Every government agency should be required to accept each other’s clearances if you already have what the job requires. I believe there’s only one federal government right?! What you mean The FBI doesn’t accept CIA/DHS/DOD clearances?! Doesn’t make any sense.

Having been on both sides Fed gov and private it’s too many damn hoops to get a gov job.
I didn't know that WASN'T the case. Goodness that is wild. :lol:

Man, I have been told by Fed. Government HR Employees that USAGov is bogus for the most part since many offices already know who they are going to hire and just have to go through the pleasantries of posting it. (See ROoney Rule)

I didn't know that WASN'T the case. Goodness that is wild. :lol:
They claim to have enacted reciprocity recently which allows your clearance to transfer. But nobody follows it and you have to start a whole new investigation. You could just be granted a TS from DOD and if you go to FBI the next day they will do their own TS investigation. **** is dumb.

What does this look like?

How do we know this will actually take place?

How can this be measured?
It should at least help contractors who have had to not include experienced folks in certain projects because of the hard degree requirement. I hate stupid one-size-fits-all rules that save lazy people from having to use their brain to make a decision. However this will likely be ****ed up royally, just based on history.

90% of the jobs on USAjobs are phony. They just go thru the motions. Like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican said they’re already in place for someone. Plus good luck beating out a veteran.

Doesn’t mean don’t shoot your shot though.

I’m aware but I don’t really give a fuh. Same applies for state, city and county especially in Cali and I still got in. Took me 3 tries and 2 failed interviews no plug.

Just interested in making a change more on a macro level. (Health human services) I’m a still shoot my shot no dambs givin

I’m aware but I don’t really give a fuh. Same applies for state, city and county especially in Cali and I still got in. Took me 3 tries and 2 failed interviews no plug.

Just interested in making a change more on a macro level. (Health human services) I’m a still shoot my shot no dambs givin
Yea, I wasn't saying that to deter you/anyone from applying. I didn't say 100% of the posting are BS. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom