Expect The Nicki Minaj Shenanigans To Get Worse

She will NOT be as big as Gaga. 1/4 is being super gracious... if she gets 1/16 of Gaga's fan base, that'd be like hitting for the cycle in 4 straight games of the World Series.

I'm around a pretty diverse crowd, everything from hood dudes to suburban white kids. No one is interested in this chick aside from the music snobs who feel the need to spend their whole day on NMC/2DB downloading every song that leaks so they can say "I been on that".

I know white dudes who worship Wayne like he was Jimmy Swaggert who have no clue who Nicki is aside from "that Nicki chick". The only people I know who really mess with Nicki like that are her Barbie-stans and the chicks who like chicks around here.
Her gimmick/image isn't diverse enough to make an impact like that. 

Originally Posted by doyung9

She will NOT be as big as Gaga. 1/4 is being super gracious... if she gets 1/16 of Gaga's fan base, that'd be like hitting for the cycle in 4 straight games of the World Series.

I'm around a pretty diverse crowd, everything from hood dudes to suburban white kids. No one is interested in this chick aside from the music snobs who feel the need to spend their whole day on NMC/2DB downloading every song that leaks so they can say "I been on that".

I know white dudes who worship Wayne like he was Jimmy Swaggert who have no clue who Nicki is aside from "that Nicki chick". The only people I know who really mess with Nicki like that are her Barbie-stans and the chicks who like chicks around here.

laugh.gif
 Do you think Gaga was born popular or something. Kill that she will never be as big as Lady Gaga *%+%. Leave that predicting *%+% to the *+!##* who actually know what theyre talking about You know like the dude who manages Gaga and decided to take on Nicki too. The chick established a damn cult following by herself. Got all these HOOD chicks calling themselves barbies. Nicki is not only buzzing but is empowering the only market that matters the Female market. If she can find a better set of songs collab with the right superstars who the hell is stopping her from blowing up? 

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

i guess dudes really cant read
smh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yea it clearly says she's Double Platinum but I guess they see that it says 10 million albums and they think that means Diamond.
laugh.gif
You can only go diamond in the US and 2 million albums doesn't = diamond.

Also clearly says her NEW album is double platinum, not her 1st album.

Originally Posted by debs 168

still think she sounds better with gucci than with lil wayne but whatever.

good for her.
I agree, except for the good for her part. I'm tired of hearing this broad

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I wasn't saying she is diamond, i was saying she sold 10 million.

good day folks.
But what you posted was a quote saying she went Diamond worldwide, which is false. 
So what you were "saying" was inaccurate either way if you want to keep this going. 
I agree with cartune. This chick is just getting started and she's rolling pretty hard. I know the cats who worked Gaga from the start. "Just Dance" was out for a YEAR before Pop radio caught on. 

Wayne took 10 years to develop into the star he is now. Look how long it took TI to find his lane. 

Save all that crystal ball #@*!. We have no idea how big she can or will be. But for an artist without an album out, she is doing her thing, features on Mariah records etc. 

People make Drake out to be the Lord and Savior of music, but for the females, who actually BUY music, Nikki is building quite a buzz for herself. 

Where that goes, no one knows.....

Originally Posted by doyung9

im gonna have to go with this...

i just can't see ALL females going for her image...i dont know if they ones who do will be enough to sell a great amount of records...

yeah people will know her songs/ imatate her style but that doesnt mean they will buy her records...

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

As bad as Nicki Minaj's music is, if she can get this type of fanbase, she will be fine.

eek.gif

Those two are as "white" as they come
laugh.gif

Props to the Harajuku Barbie
wink.gif

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

Nicki Minaj will never be anywhere close to Gaga in any aspect, the only thing Nicki has on Gaga is that she raps, which Gaga could probably be better than Nicki seein' as how Gaga actually has talent.

I
indifferent.gif
 you if you think that Nicki will ever be in the same realm as Gaga in terms of fanbase, sales, or music ability.

And I'll say it like I said in the other thread about Nicki, she's got no buzz in the South, the only time I ever hear from her is on Bed Rock on the radio and the occasional feature in one of my friend's whip, which is maybe once a month.

-Yes, I'm kinda' mad.
laugh.gif
Don't judge her buzz by radio play. The girl is big and her fans are super fans. Almost zombie like. Gaga fans are zombie like as well. This new manager will help take her to new places and she will have the change to experience some new things and thus providing different music and fans with endless possibilities. I'm sorry, but Ms Flaka could only do so much
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

gaga's first project went diamond

No, it did not. 
Worldwide it did...

The album was a commercial success, receiving positive reviews and being certified multi-platinum status in many countries. To date, The Fame has sold over ten million copies worldwide.[sup][2][/sup]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Gaga_discography
But you can't go Diamond "worldwide". Those certifications are based on individual territories. So you can only go Diamond in the US, or Canada, etc. 
So once again, no, it did not. 

And you're acting like wikipedia is even a credible source.......
THE-FAME.JPG

A major congratulations are in order for Lady Gaga who has just went diamond. Her debut album ‘The Fame’ has shifted an impressive 10,000,054 copies worldwide since its release in 2008. This is such a major compliment and achievement for Gaga as in todays climate music does not sell any more. Her latest album ‘The Fame Monster’ is already Double Platinum.

We are so proud of Gaga, it has been truly inspiring and magical to see her grow and evolve as an artist. Gaga rules the world … WORD!

As stated, you cannot go diamond world wide. That is not a certification at all. Usher was and prob will be the last artist to go diamond in America.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

smh.gif
laugh.gif
 Yea it clearly says she's Double Platinum but I guess they see that it says 10 million albums and they think that means Diamond.
laugh.gif
You can only go diamond in the US and 2 million albums doesn't = diamond.

Her debut album ‘The Fame’ has shifted an impressive 10,000,054 copies worldwide

Her latest album ‘The Fame Monster’ is already Double Platinum.

smh.gif

Correction:

She's now being managed by Troy (Gaga's manager) and
Spoiler [+]
etyy2p.jpg

Don't judge her buzz by radio play. The girl is big and her fans are super fans. Almost zombie like. Gaga fans are zombie like as well. This new manager will help take her to new places and she will have the change to experience some new things and thus providing different music and fans with endless possibilities. I'm sorry, but Ms Flaka could only do so much
eyes.gif

Gaga's manager isn't the reason Gaga took off, Gaga is the reason she took off and became so popular. It really baffles me how anyone in their right mind could compare the two.
tired.gif

I don't think Nikki will get to Gaga level but i can respect her hustle. Through listening to some of her verses she actually grew on me. I think we will see alot more of her.

If you think Nikki can get on Gaga's level, than you must be completely oblivious to Gaga's status right now.

Nikki will get big, but no where near Gaga. She's not your every day Pop star.

So I must be the only one who understood Memphisboi's post. If he
wanted to support the going diamond part of the argument he
wouldn't have quoted phillip geniuses. Anyways I don't think Nikki
will ever be Gaga big but she could end up being a lot bigger than we think.

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i think the key issue we lost in the last 3 pages is that nicki minaj's former manager was waka flocka flame's mom 
roll.gif
what the hell?

Originally Posted by havez12

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

i think the key issue we lost in the last 3 pages is that nicki minaj's former manager was waka flocka flame's mom 
roll.gif
what the hell?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

she going on tour with gaga instead or rihanna?

makes sense..

Back
Top Bottom