Experience, Experience

lot's of employer's always ask for someone with loooooads and loads of experience.

but then i think of all the college kids and graduates and wonder...if all of these employer's are asking for experience, then what chance do student's coming out of college have?

lot's of employer's always ask for someone with loooooads and loads of experience.

but then i think of all the college kids and graduates and wonder...if all of these employer's are asking for experience, then what chance do student's coming out of college have?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

QFTI would like to know as well.

being able to balance a full class schedule and a job ftw.

being able to balance a full class schedule and a job ftw.

QFTI would like to know as well.

recent graduates have a chance to get in there. lots of companies will hire scrubs. its all about ability to learn.

but you can't expect the same pay as someone who's been in the industry for awhile.

recent graduates have a chance to get in there. lots of companies will hire scrubs. its all about ability to learn.

but you can't expect the same pay as someone who's been in the industry for awhile.

Im almost a year out of high school and still cant find a job.. its also overpopulated where Im at.

Im almost a year out of high school and still cant find a job.. its also overpopulated where Im at.

i dealt with this frustration too. graduating from IU with a Bachelors in Journalism i quickly found out when applying for all types of jobs in broadcast they want you to have all this experience to which i asked, well if no one gives you a chance how the hell am i supposed to gain experience? smh. just keep looking, it also has a lot do with who you know, as cliche as that might sound i have found it to indeed be true.

i dealt with this frustration too. graduating from IU with a Bachelors in Journalism i quickly found out when applying for all types of jobs in broadcast they want you to have all this experience to which i asked, well if no one gives you a chance how the hell am i supposed to gain experience? smh. just keep looking, it also has a lot do with who you know, as cliche as that might sound i have found it to indeed be true.

Originally Posted by dunks87

I ask myself this question everyday, someone called me from a job that had received my resume for a forklifting position making from 10.00-14.00 an hour, and then asked did i have any experience using a fork lift, I told them no but I'm willing to learn.
tired.gif
wasn't good enough.

I guess on the job training is becoming near obsolete in this day and age.....that's like a smack in the face to a bunch of people that are naturally quick learners.

and yes the "who you know" thing is very true.

Originally Posted by dunks87

I ask myself this question everyday, someone called me from a job that had received my resume for a forklifting position making from 10.00-14.00 an hour, and then asked did i have any experience using a fork lift, I told them no but I'm willing to learn.
tired.gif
wasn't good enough.

I guess on the job training is becoming near obsolete in this day and age.....that's like a smack in the face to a bunch of people that are naturally quick learners.

and yes the "who you know" thing is very true.

It's called "Interning"...
roll.gif

If you don't have any experience coming out of college you have no one to blame but yourself.

roll.gif

If you don't have any experience coming out of college you have no one to blame but yourself.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

roll.gif

heck just landing a intern spot is a job in itself....and even if you do land an intern gig, some aren't long enough for the positions you apply for later on in life...

no good at interning at a job for  a year, when the job you're trying to land still is calling for 2 to 3 years plus more experience.

and what about the folks in college that are looking for those positions?

roll.gif

heck just landing a intern spot is a job in itself....and even if you do land an intern gig, some aren't long enough for the positions you apply for later on in life...

no good at interning at a job for  a year, when the job you're trying to land still is calling for 2 to 3 years plus more experience.

and what about the folks in college that are looking for those positions?

roll.gif

Interning is key. I'm about to complete mine at the end of April for We Can Pretend. They were responsible for filming the Find Makarov Call of Duty video.

It's a start up, so I'm learning everything and its chill. We played football in the afternoon in the park.

But OP, if you're a college guy, you'd be lucky to get that forklift job because you're more than likely to be over qualified and leave the job in the long-run.

roll.gif

Interning is key. I'm about to complete mine at the end of April for We Can Pretend. They were responsible for filming the Find Makarov Call of Duty video.

It's a start up, so I'm learning everything and its chill. We played football in the afternoon in the park.

But OP, if you're a college guy, you'd be lucky to get that forklift job because you're more than likely to be over qualified and leave the job in the long-run.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

roll.gif

i see, plus i don't know too many internships that have to do with teaching people how to use a forklift lol.

Back
Top Bottom