Explanation of Packs and lack of curiousity of consumers

typecast3

Banned
okay so does anyone know the stories behind all these packs. okay for instance i'm hearing an explanaton of the euro champs pack on some sites. it got methinking well really most people don't really know, care, explain anything about the name of the packs.

running man pack? okay is this because it was running shoes? uhhhh thats a little ehhhh
tech pack? or was it the safari tech pack? why tech pack?
dunkman series?

packs are their way of getting you to buy more sneakers.... it;s just a gimmick. they release 3 shoes in a pack, so people have to go out and get all 3 to havethe full pack.

Or maybe packs are their way to get the retailer to buy more kicks. At the end of the day, is it safe to say that once a retailer buys the product from Nike,their(Nike's) money is made? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but that is what I would think.

Nike thinks they're slick, packaging wack shoes in popular colorways, too. The "Rebel" pack? Cmon now--the only shoe in that colorway worthanything is the ATCs.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

At the end of the day, is it safe to say that once a retailer buys the product from Nike, their(Nike's) money is made? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but that is what I would think.

Yes.

reminds me of the transformer air trainer III. noone could give a crap about the am90 boots and the huaraches but the shoes were in a pack. bought by thestores as a pack. Thank god they werent sold that way. thats the end all for me if these great shoes are being SOLD in packs. lets thank Nike for a moment theyhavent gone that route yet

i good example of what iNiN said is the Transformers pack - mostly everyone bought all three shoes on release - than they saw the 90's at outlets

no you guys dont get my post. everyone knows what a PACK is ha. but i mean does everyone know what 'the euro pack' meant? the meaning behind it? or theCREPE pack; probably not cus some people call it the HEMP pack.

i mean when nike releases the running man pack..... what do they mean?

Originally Posted by NIKE13

how is this retro?

retro means a re-release of a shoe. sometimes done in packs. if fact i dont remember anything other than retro's in ANY pack.

lets thank Nike for a moment they havent gone that route yet
think again.....jordan beginning moments pack.....i did not want the yellow one, why should i have to buy both for $200 just to get the red/whitecolorway.

typecast3 wrote:
no you guys dont get my post. everyone knows what a PACK is ha. but i mean does everyone know what 'the euro pack' meant? the meaning behind it? or the CREPE pack; probably not cus some people call it the HEMP pack.

Oh no everybody gets the question, you're not getting the answer. It doesn't mean anything. Running man pack, it just sounds good. Its just anexcuse.

I think Nike "packs" sneakers that are similar. In other words, they group the ones that have something in common, whether it is a theme, material,layout, pattern, etc...thus they are "packs". So whatever that commonplace is for the sneakers in the "pack", that is where the name andmeaning behind it comes from (Ex: Safari Pack sneakers all have a similar look, use the same material and patterning..., Euro pack all have speckled midsoleswith patent leather mudguards...).

Originally Posted by NYCZ ILLEST

I think Nike "packs" sneakers that are similar. In other words, they group the ones that have something in common, whether it is a theme, material, layout, pattern, etc...thus they are "packs". So whatever that commonplace is for the sneakers in the "pack", that is where the name and meaning behind it comes from (Ex: Safari Pack sneakers all have a similar look, use the same material and patterning..., Euro pack all have speckled midsoles with patent leather mudguards...).
what is the bug tech pack? what is the name mean does that make more sense to you

I agree with everyone saying the packs are Nikes way of getting retailers/stores to buy more shoes, but another thing no one takes into account is selectionfor the consumer. Not every single person is going to want the Transformers Trainer III's. Of course that was the biggest selling one out of the pack, butdo you know how many people Ive saw wearing the Transformers AM90 boots? Not every single person is going to have the same taste. Why is Nike so successful?More selection and freedom of choice for the consumer. Person A may not like Air Max 90's but love Air Max 95s, so they will buy the Air Max 95 RunningMan. Person B may not like Air Max 95s but love Air Max 90's; Person B buys Air Max 90 Running Man. If Nike doesnt do a pack and, we'll say, only soldthe Air Max 90s to the Running Man pack, they lose ALL the sales that they would of had for the Air Max 95s/Air Max 1s. For the cost vs. profit ratio, itsidiotic for Nike to NOT release packs. Same thing goes with the LE Packs that most retail stores carry. 3-4 different shoes in the same colorway. usually aclassic runner, a retro b-ball, maybe a cross trainer, etc. A person may like the colors but are a Hoop shoe guy, or a runner guy, or a retro cross trainerguy. With a pack, you now expand your consumer base tri-fold. Packs benefit Nike, the stores who buy the packs, and the consumer. More choices = more businesss= more $$$

Originally Posted by typecast3

how is this retro?

retro means a re-release of a shoe. sometimes done in packs. if fact i dont remember anything other than retro's in ANY pack.

thanks i get what retro means. HOWEVER, your post to begin with was about shoes and being in packs. Which means unless you are talking about a specificshoe or specific pack and they are all retro shoes, this still isnt retro.

no you guys dont get my post. everyone knows what a PACK is ha. but i mean does everyone know what 'the euro pack' meant? the meaning behind it? or the CREPE pack; probably not cus some people call it the HEMP pack.

I got sidetracked with the topic that people have turned this into and forgot to try to answer your question as well. The packs are just catchy namesfor the shoes, and as NYCZ ILLEST said, the shoes are all themed together in some way. The Crepes/Hemp Pack are called both of those names because they use acolor of material that is similiar to the color of a crepe (french food I believe...strawberry, blue berry crepes lol), and because all of the shoes are madewith some hemp material on each shoe.

how is this retro?

thanks i get what retro means. HOWEVER, your post to begin with was about shoes and being in packs. Which means unless you are talking about a specific shoe or specific pack and they are all retro shoes, this still isnt retro.
Don't be a stickler. You know damn well any pack that comes out contains nothing but retro shoes. Running Man pack (95s, 90s, 97s, AM 1s), Safari(95s, 90s, AM1) back to School pack (90s, Dunks, Vandals), LE Colorway Packs (Dunks, Vandals, B-Ball Retros, Retro Runners, Retro Cross Trainers, the VividBlue Pack that dropped (AM 90s, AM 97s, and the Retro Air Revolution plus one more retro shoe that I cant remember) You name me one pack that has nothing but 3new models shoes in it, heck, even 2, and your reply will have relevance.

Originally Posted by NYCZ ILLEST

I think Nike "packs" sneakers that are similar. In other words, they group the ones that have something in common, whether it is a theme, material, layout, pattern, etc...thus they are "packs". So whatever that commonplace is for the sneakers in the "pack", that is where the name and meaning behind it comes from (Ex: Safari Pack sneakers all have a similar look, use the same material and patterning..., Euro pack all have speckled midsoles with patent leather mudguards...).
what is the bug tech pack? what is the name mean does that make more sense to you
No, it doesn't make sense to me, and I'm not sure if what you're asking makes sense to anyone else reading this post.

Bug Tech Pack...never heard of so I dont know. But whoever does know will probably break down why it's called that corallating to what makes thoseindividual shoes similar to each other. So by asking "what is the name mean", do you want an individual definition of what "Bug Tech"means?

Originally Posted by ThaDirtyBurgh

Packs benefit Nike, the stores who buy the packs, and the consumer.

I actually think that packs screw the retailers in most cases. Too often retailers get stuck with the wack 2/3 or 3/4 of most packs that release and haveto resort to 30% off and clearance racks.

how is this retro?

thanks i get what retro means. HOWEVER, your post to begin with was about shoes and being in packs. Which means unless you are talking about a specific shoe or specific pack and they are all retro shoes, this still isnt retro.
Don't be a stickler. You know damn well any pack that comes out contains nothing but retro shoes. Running Man pack (95s, 90s, 97s, AM 1s), Safari (95s, 90s, AM1) back to School pack (90s, Dunks, Vandals), LE Colorway Packs (Dunks, Vandals, B-Ball Retros, Retro Runners, Retro Cross Trainers, the Vivid Blue Pack that dropped (AM 90s, AM 97s, and the Retro Air Revolution plus one more retro shoe that I cant remember) You name me one pack that has nothing but 3 new models shoes in it, heck, even 2, and your reply will have relevance.

hmmm while i dont have time to look right away, there have been packs that have R4's in it, pack with SHOX NZ's, packs that contained some of theconsidered line, etc which unless something has changed ARE NOT retro. maybe recently most packs have all or mostly retro shoes, but again nike has releasedpacks in years past that have no retro model. Which means your argument is full of holes. And it still isnt retro!
pimp.gif

How long ago have R4s and Shoz NZ been put out? They are not a new release shoe. R4s were the first shox to ever come out so HOW are they not retros? NZs havealso been out for quite a few years too. Just because it doesnt say Retro on the box doesnt mean its not a retro. Air Max 90s, Air Max 95s, Air Zoom Flight96s, Air Zoom FLight Premiums, BO Jacksons, etc etc etc dont say Retro on them, matter of fact NO nikes say retro on them. Only shoes that say retro areJordans.
Again I asked you to name even 2 specific shoes that were NOT retros and you failed to do so. A Non-Retro shoe would be something that has only came outRECENTLY or around the time of the pack. In example, a pack this year that contained a Nike Zoom BB2 or a Nike Huarache 2k8 or a Shoz Turbo VI. You named metwo shoes that have been out for YEARS and said theyre not retros? In what sense? R4s were the first Shox runner ever released and that was in 2001. Youre justlooking for some type of loop hole to make you feel like you know some valuable information. Get over it. I Understand if being a NikeTalk MOD is your dream,but if this was in the wrong part of the forums, Im sure an actual MOD would have moved it.

How long ago have R4s and Shoz NZ been put out? They are not a new release shoe. R4s were the first shox to ever come out so HOW are they not retros? NZs have also been out for quite a few years too. Just because it doesnt say Retro on the box doesnt mean its not a retro. Air Max 90s, Air Max 95s, Air Zoom Flight 96s, Air Zoom FLight Premiums, BO Jacksons, etc etc etc dont say Retro on them, matter of fact NO nikes say retro on them. Only shoes that say retro are Jordans.
Again I asked you to name even 2 specific shoes that were NOT retros and you failed to do so. A Non-Retro shoe would be something that has only came out RECENTLY or around the time of the pack. In example, a pack this year that contained a Nike Zoom BB2 or a Nike Huarache 2k8 or a Shoz Turbo VI. You named me two shoes that have been out for YEARS and said theyre not retros? In what sense? R4s were the first Shox runner ever released and that was in 2001. Youre just looking for some type of loop hole to make you feel like you know some valuable information. Get over it. I Understand if being a NikeTalk MOD is your dream, but if this was in the wrong part of the forums, Im sure an actual MOD would have moved it.

hmmm, i know theres a post floating around somewhere that says that a shoe considered retro is a shoe that was released a long time ago, the productionstopped and then the production restarted later on. Hence, that would make it a retro. Get it, a remake of an original. kind of like how nike decided tore-make the air 180's after they stopped production of them for what like 10 years? So, therefore the original 180 and the new one (retro) while are thesame shoe, the newer one is the retro. The shox NZ and R4 while yes, they have been out for a number of years, no denying that, nike never stopped making themin the first place. While, they come out slower then before they are still being made, so how is that a retro? Im not looking for a loophole this isnt taxes.you keep saying that all nike "PACKS" always all consist for retro shoes. Im saying that is not true. They might contain 90 percent of the time allretros, but there have been packs that have shoes that are NOT retros. The fact that this post about a non retro topic, in the retro forum is not really thepoint, that much anyways. I have no intention of being a MOD, i have no need to police these boards on a volunteer basis, to clean up all the dumb hype poststhat are regularly posted around here. And lastly, what i have said about the packs and non retro shoes, how is this some valuable information? IF you havebeen buying nike shoes for a few years and have been paying attention you would know that, nothing hidden there.
pimp.gif

c6425c1ec3ba3cfa87b7d0ed2cedc5edc150c22.jpg
23515ee0bbc4817280e01ef171ae60fc5824b16.jpg
....need more proof? first pic is a shox NZ that is being sold atsportsauthority right now. the second pic is a shox NZ from the land navigation pack by staple design. the land naviagtion pack included a mens and womensam90, men and womens shox nz, and an air burst.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ok, I take your information as it is, but then there really is no clear definition on what a retro is. How bout this? Air Force ones have NEVER stopped beingmade, so why are they posted in the Retro Forum? This contradicts your whole theory on what is and isn't retro. They did cut production on R4s for 2-3years and they made a remergance about 3 years ago. NZ's I can understand even more but the simple fact is if Air Force Ones have been considered retro andthey never stopped making them, then why should this be different pertaining to Shox or anything else? The only TRUE new shoe that I have saw in a pack was theTransformers AM 90 Boot. At least 95% of shoes released in packs are usually shoes that have been out for years.
I understand your argument fully, but as I have said, AF1s, (even Dunks and Air Maxes have contradicted your entire statement. We dont post new Air ForceOnes, Dunks, and AM90s in the regular Nike section do we? You provide me proof of shoes Nike has been putting out for 5 years now. All Im asking is that yougive me an example of a pack that contains a BRAND NEW model. Only one I can think of is the AM90 Transformers Boot. Grab an Eastbay catalog and look throughtheir Classic section or whatever it is. They classify all the shoes together by color packs for Nike. You wont find ANY brand new models in there becausepacks only contain retros or shoes that have been out for some time.

I do enjoy this argument though, good times.

Back
Top Bottom