Explanation of Packs and lack of curiousity of consumers

Originally Posted by ThaDirtyBurgh

Ok, I take your information as it is, but then there really is no clear definition on what a retro is. How bout this? Air Force ones have NEVER stopped being made, so why
actually you are wrong, AF1s were originally released in '82, and correct me if i'm wrong, weren't released again until 86 or 88?

Uh, when the AirMax 360s first came out, they were included in a whole bunch of packs:

- Air You Breathe
- Rejuvenation
- Evolution of Air
- Kashima Antlers
- Dress Pack
- Koinobori

The Orca Pack from a few yrs back included an E-Cue.

Just thought i'd help NIKE13 out. He's also correct about the Navigation Pack, which did come out soon after the Shox NZ was released...

Originally Posted by ZoomFlight15

Uh, when the AirMax 360s first came out, they were included in a whole bunch of packs:

- Air You Breathe
- Rejuvenation
- Evolution of Air
- Kashima Antlers
- Dress Pack
- Koinobori

The Orca Pack from a few yrs back included an E-Cue.

Just thought i'd help NIKE13 out. He's also correct about the Navigation Pack, which did come out soon after the Shox NZ was released...
Thanks, thats all I was asking for with this. I couldn't thing of anything recent in a pack that hasnt been an older style Nike until you havebrought up the 360s. For the most part, most packs feature older styles of Nikes. Dunks, AMs, Cross Trainers, etc. with a few exceptions.

Originally Posted by Page86

Ok, I take your information as it is, but then there really is no clear definition on what a retro is. How bout this? Air Force ones have NEVER stopped being made, so why
actually you are wrong, AF1s were originally released in '82, and correct me if i'm wrong, weren't released again until 86 or 88?
I stand corrected as there were re-released in 1986 but do you think people even had a concept of what a retro was and called the AF1s retros in'86?. What about Air Max 90s?, what about Shox R4s? What about Nike Cortez? Each of these shoes may have had production stopped on them for some period oftime but we still classify them as retros because of when they originally released. AF1s - 1982, Shox R4 - 2001. Should we classify how many years after a shoeis out for it to be a retro? I mean I think anyone would consider a Nike Cortez a retro even though you could most likely buy them every single year since theywere first released. Again you defend the fact of me saying that Air Force Ones have never stopped being released, then why dont you also point out to NIKE13that Shox R4s stopped production for a few years, I believe somewhere between 2002-2004?.
The fact is, theere is no cut and dry definition of a retro just as there is no cut and dry explanation as to where "Packs" should be posted onthis board. So if someone asks a question about the back to School Pack, which consists of Dunks, Vandals, and AM90s, it doesnt belong in the Nike section? Orbecause, say, the Evolution of Air Pack has all retro AMs in it except the 360s, it shouldnt go in the Retro section?

The fact of the matter is 90-95% of all shoes that are released in packs are older/retro models of shoes. If older/retro shoes make up the majority of thepack then why post them in the current Nike section of the forums?

To clear this up, how about they just make a separate section for packs?
roll.gif
The whole point of me saying anything was theres no need heckle someone forposting a topic about something that is, for the majority, a newer concept that contains mainly retro shoes, saying it doesnt belong in the retro section. Ifwe want to be technical about it, the post belongs nowhere because there isnt a specific place for it, but majority rules and the majority of the shoes inpacks are older/retro shoes

Originally Posted by Page86

I stand corrected as there were re-released in 1986 but do you think people even had a concept of what a retro was and called the AF1s retros in '86?. What about Air Max 90s?, what about Shox R4s? What about Nike Cortez? Each of these shoes may have had production stopped on them for some period of time but we still classify them as retros because of when they originally released. AF1s - 1982, Shox R4 - 2001. Should we classify how many years after a shoe is out for it to be a retro? I mean I think anyone would consider a Nike Cortez a retro even though you could most likely buy them every single year since they were first released. Again you defend the fact of me saying that Air Force Ones have never stopped being released, then why dont you also point out to NIKE13 that Shox R4s stopped production for a few years, I believe somewhere between 2002-2004?.
The fact is, theere is no cut and dry definition of a retro just as there is no cut and dry explanation as to where "Packs" should be posted on this board. So if someone asks a question about the back to School Pack, which consists of Dunks, Vandals, and AM90s, it doesnt belong in the Nike section? Or because, say, the Evolution of Air Pack has all retro AMs in it except the 360s, it shouldnt go in the Retro section?

The fact of the matter is 90-95% of all shoes that are released in packs are older/retro models of shoes. If older/retro shoes make up the majority of the pack then why post them in the current Nike section of the forums?

To clear this up, how about they just make a separate section for packs?
roll.gif
The whole point of me saying anything was theres no need heckle someone for posting a topic about something that is, for the majority, a newer concept that contains mainly retro shoes, saying it doesnt belong in the retro section. If we want to be technical about it, the post belongs nowhere because there isnt a specific place for it, but majority rules and the majority of the shoes in packs are older/retro shoes

so in other words, you've been arguing about something that according to you is hard to define in the first place. So, why continue this thread tobegin with? for the record i did say that yes most of the packs these days are made up usually of mainly retro shoes. retro meaning re-released afterproduction stopped. having a discussion about a certain pack that contains mostly retros and the topic is about those retro shoes, then i dont see any problemwith it. having a post just to discuss the merits of having a pack i still think should not be in retro, since this topic is broad and far reaching. I dontthink nike ever stopped prodcution of the R4's, since they havent re-made any of the colors,including the original colors first released. I missed theairmax360, thanks for pointing that out, that should probably include the airmax360 hybrids (360/90,360/97, etc), but again techinaclity and i really dont carethat much about that. just dont go around talking like you know everything for sure, when we put down the evidence agsint it.
pimp.gif

typecast3 wrote:
no you guys dont get my post. everyone knows what a PACK is ha. but i mean does everyone know what 'the euro pack' meant? the meaning behind it? or the CREPE pack; probably not cus some people call it the HEMP pack.

i mean when nike releases the running man pack..... what do they mean?
- ive asked the same question a couple years back and got the same type of answers.....

- the problem is alot of you cats can access these 'packs' within your city so the knowlege of these shoes is common to yall, and the replies end upgoing in a completely different direction that what was asked, confusing and or frustrating the OP. last time i asked i just gave up.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

typecast3 wrote:
no you guys dont get my post. everyone knows what a PACK is ha. but i mean does everyone know what 'the euro pack' meant? the meaning behind it? or the CREPE pack; probably not cus some people call it the HEMP pack.

i mean when nike releases the running man pack..... what do they mean?

Oh no everybody gets the question, you're not getting the answer. It doesn't mean anything. Running man pack, it just sounds good. Its just an excuse.

- but thats just it. no one said "it doesnt mean anything....." and then proceeded to add whatever they had to add. they just start rambling on.
- you are the first one to give a STRIAGHT answer.

- and to say its just an excuse to sell more shoes doesnt really answer the question......i mean thats obvious. im sure whomever at Nike that was in charge ofnaming the pack had some sort of theme that inspired the title. some titles are evident where they came from, others not so much.

- i think a question like this is more suited to be answered by someone on campus (no diss to the info given).

- one question ive always had is are these packs sold together or separately? it sounds like a dumb question but where i live you wont find any of these'pack' shoes, the only way for me to get them is online through a reseller. so ive never known if they're sold together and people break them up orwhat. (EDIT: after reading through the thread i got my answer about the way the are sold.)

- you could say this was the answer but its misleading, and frankly just sounds like a 'because, thats why' answer. i mean we all know its a gimmick,anything nike does is a gimmick to get you to buy the shoes.
packs are their way of getting you to buy more sneakers.... it;s just a gimmick. they release 3 shoes in a pack, so people have to go out and get all 3 to have the full pack.

- its misleading because it sounds like you HAVE to buy all pairs, and from reading the other posts they're sold separately. no diss, but little thingslike this confuse people who dont know.

- you could say this was the answer but its misleading, and frankly just sounds like a 'because, thats why' answer. i mean we all know its a gimmick, anything nike does is a gimmick to get you to buy the shoes.

packs are their way of getting you to buy more sneakers.... it;s just a gimmick. they release 3 shoes in a pack, so people have to go out and get all 3 to have the full pack.

- its misleading because it sounds like you HAVE to buy all pairs, and from reading the other posts they're sold separately. no diss, but little things like this confuse people who dont know.
Q: "Explanation of Packs" (why does nike make packs?)
A: having sneakers that fit a common theme can entice people to buy more shoes than they normally would, like say they want to collect all the shoes in thepack

Q: "lack of curiousity of consumers" (why aren;t people interested in packs?)
A: depends. if people know what the pack is about, then people will buy. but often times, the pack is about something that most people don't really"get".... and lately, releases have been too ugly for people to even pay attention anyways

Another reason is a common-sensical reason of just making it a little easier to distinguish certain shoes. As opposed to referring to an af1 as awhite/black/red af1 which there may be like 20 diff ones with that colorway, one can refer to it as the af1 from the so and so pack.

Back
Top Bottom