External hard drive appreciation

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

in the neighborhood for one
any recommendations 500gb-1TB?
nerd.gif
Western Digital Elements 1.5TB USB 2.0 HDD $80

I know this is coming out of left field, but i backed up my laptop's hdd to my external already.

how do i see what's taking up space on my internal hdd so i can delete that shizzle... sorry for the noob question

I know this is coming out of left field, but i backed up my laptop's hdd to my external already.

how do i see what's taking up space on my internal hdd so i can delete that shizzle... sorry for the noob question

I have a WD 1TB external HD..... i love it.

I now need a PS3 and a WD 2TB EHD for my 50' and im set electronically. Birthday is on the 18th. Do believe ill be picking both up. yes yes.

Externals are great.
pimp.gif

I have a WD 1TB external HD..... i love it.

I now need a PS3 and a WD 2TB EHD for my 50' and im set electronically. Birthday is on the 18th. Do believe ill be picking both up. yes yes.

Externals are great.
pimp.gif

the fan inside my external hard drive doesn't spin anymore, it spins then stops repeatedly. is there any way I can get this fixed?

the fan inside my external hard drive doesn't spin anymore, it spins then stops repeatedly. is there any way I can get this fixed?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by glasses

i just had a WD 500gb break on my last week. I've had it for 3 years, 400gb worth of data GONE

family pictures, 10k+ songs, tax papers, pictures saved over the years....to say i was devastated is an understatement

so no, they are UNappreciated
Damn don't scare me.
i just unplugged mine after i read that post.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by glasses

i just had a WD 500gb break on my last week. I've had it for 3 years, 400gb worth of data GONE

family pictures, 10k+ songs, tax papers, pictures saved over the years....to say i was devastated is an understatement

so no, they are UNappreciated
Damn don't scare me.
i just unplugged mine after i read that post.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Do solid state storage devices break down less easily? They seem to be getting cheaper and may be the way of the future. These external hard drives seem so fragile and every time there's a thread it's full of comments of people who had their externals break down.

Do solid state storage devices break down less easily? They seem to be getting cheaper and may be the way of the future. These external hard drives seem so fragile and every time there's a thread it's full of comments of people who had their externals break down.

Does anyone how to to format a HDD so it is compatible with both mac and pc? Am I able to do that on a mac? I heard fat32 is compatible with both operating systems but how do you format a drive to fat32 or any format that is mac/pc compatible? I plan doing this to my 2tb WD external HDD if that matters. As always thanks NT.

Does anyone how to to format a HDD so it is compatible with both mac and pc? Am I able to do that on a mac? I heard fat32 is compatible with both operating systems but how do you format a drive to fat32 or any format that is mac/pc compatible? I plan doing this to my 2tb WD external HDD if that matters. As always thanks NT.

Originally Posted by BK201

FAT32 is compatible with both osx and windows platforms, but you can only have a max file size of 4GBs. any bigger than that and the drive cant read it. You can download MacDrive as well, which will allow windows to be able to read HFS+ formatted drives as if they were NTFS

Originally Posted by BK201

FAT32 is compatible with both osx and windows platforms, but you can only have a max file size of 4GBs. any bigger than that and the drive cant read it. You can download MacDrive as well, which will allow windows to be able to read HFS+ formatted drives as if they were NTFS

^^^^thank you for the information. Im going to try this right now. Are there other formats that compatiable such as exfat? I saw that format when i was messing with the disk utility.

^^^^thank you for the information. Im going to try this right now. Are there other formats that compatiable such as exfat? I saw that format when i was messing with the disk utility.

Back
Top Bottom