Fab Five (Shoes they wore??)

Does anybody know what shoes the Fab Five wore during there years at Michigan from when they arrived in 91' until Jimmy King and Ray Jackson graduated in95'? I know they wore the huraches (or however you spell it) there freshman year and another shoe and i know they wore the barkley's during the 93'tournament but what other shoes did they wear???

I live in Ann Arbor. Ill try and help out as much as I can. They did wear the Air Huraches the first year. Then they did wear the Air Maestro. The last shoesthey wore as the fab five were the Barkley air max. During that time sporadically Jalen Rose would wear The Jordan 9.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

For the most part, they wore the White/Blue/Purple Flight Huaraches, then switched to the black/lapis Flight Huaraches, the first Air Force Max Barkleys, thewhite/navy/maize Air Maestro I's, then switched to the black/white Maestro I's, the black/white/royal Air Maestro II's, and the all black/whiteswoosh Air Force Max CB (a.k.a, the Force Max Barkley 93's). As mentioned above, Jalen wore the Jordan IX sometimes.

hth,
J

Originally Posted by jshortt

For the most part, they wore the White/Blue/Purple Flight Huaraches, then switched to the black/lapis Flight Huaraches, the first Air Force Max Barkleys, the white/navy/maize Air Maestro I's, then switched to the black/white Maestro I's, the black/white/royal Air Maestro II's, and the all black/white swoosh Air Force Max CB (a.k.a, the Force Max Barkley 93's). As mentioned above, Jalen wore the Jordan IX sometimes.

hth,
J

Rose wore the White/Black-Red AJ IX during his junior season. I remember Jimmy King and Ray Jackson wearing the Air Max 2 Uptempos, the first colorway thatwas retroed this year and the Air Unlimited. I'll go back and look back at some game tapes I have.

JR5

Thanks jrose. Oh, and you'd probably know better than I would, but I got to thinking more about it, and seem to remember them wearing at least one color ofthe Dynamic Flight (Flight Huarache II) at some point. Am I just imagining things here?

Peace,
J

Their first year i think it was against Duke if i remember correctly... they wore Air Force 180 blk/red/blue/white.

I will also check, including my old "Classic" basketball cards.

But the shoes "JROSE" listed (no surprise, lol) were on point.

Jalen with the white IXs and BLACK Nike ankle socks at point guard... CLASSIC...
pimp.gif

Karl that pic brought back some memories. I had those in the 8th grade even though I was a huge UNLV fan. These might be the first shoes my parents did notunderstand.

Originally Posted by Random 79

Karl that pic brought back some memories. I had those in the 8th grade even though I was a huge UNLV fan. These might be the first shoes my parents did not understand.
LOL the same here...had them also as a kid, and became afterwards obsessed with them..here is another pic of my three pirs i have, all DS the retros of these are also "ok"..but the miss the black onthe side....

I think they wore the black/navy ones a lot too, the ones Nike retroed like 3-4 years ago.

I also remember everybody was wearing black Nike socks with everything after the Fab Five did it.

boox indeed is an important aspect...never liked seeing some vintge retro heat in those orange boxes

^they sat on the shelves for $24.99 when they retroed them. Some sizes went to $19.99. I guess you guys missed them.

Back
Top Bottom