Fabolous - It's My Time / Throw it In The Bag [Mini Short Film Teasers]

Nah Fab just be straight selling out on his albums.

He could easily create a dope, commercially successful album that sounded like the Loso's Way mixtape and still reach out to every segment of the market.

Like Jay did with AG...you can make a radio friendly, club joints that chicks will rock to and help push the album...but this _ wants to make sure that youknow "AYE...THIS IS MY RADIO RECORD Y'ALL !!!...."

He always good to drop 3/4 straight unlistenable simp anthems that takes away from the overall album.

I think this project is going to be decent but the ways he already started pushing it....Im not excited.

How you gone do a Carlito's Way concept album and come out the gate on some simp s_?....How does that even make sense? Even Jay went back over the burnerwith the Pyrex for AG.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

He could easily create a dope, commercially successful album that sounded like the Loso's Way mixtape and still reach out to every segment of the market.

Like Jay did with AG...you can make a radio friendly, club joints that chicks will rock to and help push the album...but this _ wants to make sure that you know "AYE...THIS IS MY RADIO RECORD Y'ALL !!!...."

He always good to drop 3/4 straight unlistenable simp anthems that takes away from the overall album.

I think this project is going to be decent but the ways he already started pushing it....Im not excited.

How you gone do a Carlito's Way concept album and come out the gate on some simp s_?....How does that even make sense? Even Jay went back over the burner with the Pyrex for AG.

But why you frontin' like both songs are simpin'? Yeah we know that Throw it in the Bag is simpin', but how about It's My Time. How is thatsimpin'?

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by Lazy B

How Fab paying with a black card when the ++#!! know he ain't got no credit.

Your his accountant?
No but he is having financial trouble. He recently had 5 credit cards declined at a club the other night. Paid in cash but his credit is bad.

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

But why you frontin' like both songs are simpin'? Yeah we know that Throw it in the Bag is simpin', but how about It's My Time. How is that simpin'?
Its not.

Im talking about his albums to this point.

Remember the viral promo Jay did for AG, with the black and white trailer of a pack moving across the city...look at how entertaining Cam is with the CrimePays marktering...the first impression that this _ is giving, on an album based on Carlito's Way....is saving a boosting heezy with his black card. Thatwas a little bit overdone even for Fab. The full trailer could potentially be dope but wit his play it safe attitude, I doubt it will.

Like Jay did with AG...you can make a radio friendly, club joints that chicks will rock to and help push the album...but this _ wants to make sure that you know "AYE...THIS IS MY RADIO RECORD Y'ALL !!!...."

How you gone do a Carlito's Way concept album and come out the gate on some simp s_?....How does that even make sense? Even Jay went back over the burner with the Pyrex for AG.

/thread.

This is why haze is one of my fav members in the music forum, son speaks with his head straight, Fab clearly went the Jay route with this album and the conceptidea. So I expect the man to come solid at least. Your going to come with them ladies track when you want to come creative and on a different direction withthis album, when I saw these "trailers" I'm looking for something different than usual. All I see is Fab used a new director that's all,I'll wait for the full videos to come out, but if your tying this in with Carlito's Way incorporate some of the +*$$ into the videos, "Blue Magic" >>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Fab needs to shut up with the make a living making a street album because it could be done, FNTS would've been good if 3 of the tracks were his singles andall his usual ladies joints. One person's Album Format/Route I would've seen him do as far as album structure would be Plies. All the singles this dudereleases are for the (()) but when you hear the rest of the album it's all street +*$$ (well that's what I gather I never really heard a full albumfrom dude).

But then again NT Music is just Internet A&R's right?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

/thread.

This is why haze is one of my fav members in the music forum, son speaks with his head straight, Fab clearly went the Jay route with this album and the concept idea. So I expect the man to come solid at least. Your going to come with them ladies track when you want to come creative and on a different direction with this album, when I saw these "trailers" I'm looking for something different than usual. All I see is Fab used a new director that's all, I'll wait for the full videos to come out, but if your tying this in with Carlito's Way incorporate some of the +%%@ into the videos, "Blue Magic" >>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Fab needs to shut up with the make a living making a street album because it could be done, FNTS would've been good if 3 of the tracks were his singles and all his usual ladies joints. One person I would kind of compare him too as far as album structure would be Plies. All the singles this dude releases are for the (()) but when you hear the rest of the album it's all street +%%@ (well that's what I gather I never really heard a full album from dude).

Plies' albums w/ the exception of the singles are straight street. He knows the women buy his albums so he's going to release those songs to cater tothem but he don't forget about the streets which Fabolous obviously hasn't learned yet. His mixtapes are better than his albums.

Def Jam controls Fab's career. Jay controls his own.

/thread.

This is why haze is one of my fav members in the music forum, son speaks with his head straight, Fab clearly went the Jay route with this album and the concept idea. So I expect the man to come solid at least. Your going to come with them ladies track when you want to come creative and on a different direction with this album, when I saw these "trailers" I'm looking for something different than usual. All I see is Fab used a new director that's all, I'll wait for the full videos to come out, but if your tying this in with Carlito's Way incorporate some of the +*$$ into the videos, "Blue Magic" >>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Fab needs to shut up with the make a living making a street album because it could be done, FNTS would've been good if 3 of the tracks were his singles and all his usual ladies joints. One person's Album Format/Route I would've seen him do as far as album structure would be Plies. All the singles this dude releases are for the (()) but when you hear the rest of the album it's all street +*$$ (well that's what I gather I never really heard a full album from dude).

There's only one Jay-Z for a reason.

^ Yep.

But if your going to go the same damn direction as Jay expect the fans and critics to look for THIS project to be different than your others in all aspects.

His mixtapes are better than his albums.

That's based on your opinion (mine also).

We all know that females are the dumb @$%#@$@ who are likely to pay $13 for an album.

+!%$#+ are gonna get their music free regardless, so why not put the gangsta %#%@ on mixtapes (free) and put the sugar-coated %#%@ on albums (that females willpay for) ???

Do you think it should be the other way around? Put the gangsta %#%@ on albums (and only sell 100k), and then put the sugar-coated %#%@ on free mixtapes?

Your his accountant?
No but he is having financial trouble. He recently had 5 credit cards declined at a club the other night. Paid in cash but his credit is bad.

Imma ask him on twitter.

Def Jam controls Officer Ricky's career too but even approaches things from a different angle.

This is just Fabs MO...from Elektra...to Atlantic...to Universal.

Hes been on the majors for 8 years already...he can throw some weight around if he wanted to.

Def Jam controls Officer Ricky's career too but even approaches things from a different angle.

Hes been on the majors for 8 years already...he can throw some weight around if he wanted to.

Yeah he's done the time, no doubt. But he's still a slave. Jay can do any album he wants, where as Fab really can't. Like Dame was saying in themvideos where he was snapping at them Def Jam folks for calling a meeting without him. Roc-A-Fella is its own label. Jay is CEO of that label. Fab just'another' artist on Def Jam.

I hear what you saying but Fab had basically the exact same situation under Desert Storm/Elektra.

I understand artists gotta eat and all that and I enjoy a good club track/club joint but son just seems to go that extra mile to appease...more so than aBeans/Rick Ross/Cam/Jim Jones/etc.

Ive come to realize thats just his style as a musician/business man but with as much talent as he has and the caliber of stuff that he drops in thestreet...fans just expect more. Especially from a concept album like this.

I still mess with his music though. One of my favorite mixtape MCs.

Yall cannot call Fab a Mixtape Rapper, He's is better than 80-90% of the rappers in this game, what do u consider them then....Thats disrespectful callinhim that

and plus yall actin like he didnt step it up on "From Nuthin To Sumthin", it was MUCH better than his previous two,....and Jay and Fab situation weretotaly different, Jay had ownership in the Roc while Fab was SIGNED to Desert Strom, Clue owned that,....He Does Have Street Fam but thats more of a Crewinstead of a record company, kinda like "BMF"(in no way a comparison with them tho)

People gotta realize Fab is Fab, he's been consistant since he came out and never fell off, That gotta count for something...I think why people critisizefab so much is becuase they realize how nice he actually is, But by lookin his mainstream resume u would think otherwise

Your his accountant?

Imma ask him on twitter.
that rumor beeeeeennn cleared up

^ Yep.

But if your going to go the same damn direction as Jay expect the fans and critics to look for THIS project to be different than your others in all aspects.
exactly i was amped up for this album thinking he finally got his head on straight and gon make an album just on some sh*t that would peoplesaying wow i woulda never thought he could spit like that on the album and shut the haters up for once and all

Here's another thing I wanna ask:

For as much as you guys criticize Fab, how many rappers are doin' it better than him right now? Do you think that Lil' Wayne's Carter 3 was betterthan Fab's FNTS?

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

Here's another thing I wanna ask:

For as much as you guys criticize Fab, how many rappers are doin' it better than him right now? Do you think that Lil' Wayne's Carter 3 was better than Fab's FNTS?

Everything is better than FNTS.

YO! Somebody need to make a gif of Fab tilting his loui v's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I actually sorta like TIITB a bit more now cuz of the vid. Trickin undertone excluded
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my son ABH feels exactly how I feel about the Carlito's Way theme.

negative.

I remember watching a BOBO vid of him @ the Dream shoot talknig about how when his street singles come out, labels get shook and push their artists back. I wasjust watching like Negro please. I love Fab but he's not a titan like that. He seems like he just raps just to rap.
fans just expect more
I honestly gave up on the _ after FNTS. A artist of his caliber doesnt need a feature on every track. It was the typical Def Jam album with 8billion R&B joints, a few street joints and a joint with Neyo.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Duke is totally a slave to the machine now. once fans hear "concept album" especially with a tie in to "Carlito's Way", we have theright as consumers to expect more. we're the ones paying for this *+! (
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
. i get em for free but still........)

What exactly in a 45 second trailer made you like 'Throw It In The Bag' more? Looked like a fake Rik Cordero movie-type trailer to me. Why is this dudeeven releasing a trailer to such an average song? Trying to make this look extra epic will not fool me!

Back
Top Bottom