FACEBOOK IPO filing Expected next week. 100B expected. Vol. Winklevoss twins commit that

Originally Posted by megatron

Ball So Hard University.

That $%@% cray 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yeah I got in on Visa at $51 a share when they went public. I sold at a later date, what's that share price now?
laugh.gif

That wasn't that good of a "get" considering V opened for trading at around $60. You caught it when the price was sliding, not popping. 
Should be interesting to follow Facebook.

I don't know how you evaluate things, but since he got in under the $60 mark, I'd say he was off to a good start.  Further, there were plenty of banks whose allocated block wasn't that strong and they were selling off to their private wealth management clients around $55 - $60.

I'm talking about in the context of an IPO. Just trying to reinforce the "individuals don't usually get into IPO's without institutional access" point. One cant just fire up ToS and get into an ipo. It seems some in here think that.
In sheer market terms, yes, good buy.

Anyways, has the filing revealed anything insightful? I'm sure some site has done some sort of write-up.

I'm talking about in the context of an IPO. Just trying to reinforce the "individuals don't usually get into IPO's without institutional access" point. One cant just fire up ToS and get into an ipo. It seems some in here think that.

Anyways, has the filing revealed anything insightful? I'm sure some site has done some sort of write-up.
Fair point - I agree 100%.  That's why to me, for Finns, he's not a PW client at GS and he still did well from an entry point...

To put it into context for NTers - you're not going to log in to Scottrade, Chuck Schwab, OptionsXpress, eTrade, etc and participate from their allocation block. You want in, you'll buy it on the open market at hopefully a dip.

laugh.gif
they should just change the terminology - to a casual investor they are the public...so the IPO is when they can log in and buy...the initial institution and big wig sales are basically private

Back
Top Bottom