Fact: NFC east best division in NFL - past 5 seasons

At least the Cowboys have nothing to do with whether the NFC east is the best division or not.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

False. The NFC North has had all 4 of their teams make the playoffs within the last 3 years, 3 of which played for the NFC Championship wherein one of them 2 of the teams (GB and CHI) went head to head.

The AFC North had 3 of their teams make the playoffs this past season, all of them had 10 wins or more, and all 4 of them were Top 10 defenses in the NFL. Yes, even you Cleveland Browns fans can be proud about something.
Go read again... 
Criteria is stupid and skewed. How many times have the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys played each other in the playoffs?
'07 Giants/Cowboys NFC Divisional
'08 Eagles/Giants NFC Divisional
'09 Cowboys/Eagles NFC Wild Card
Of course the NFC East is going to advance in the playoffs and increase SB chances, they play each other in the postseason.

Let's take a look at the 3 SB winners in between Giants victories.
GB: Philly, Atlanta, then Chicago in the NFCCG
NO: Arizona, Minnesota. Didn't face opponents of the same division in the playoffs.
PIT: San Diego then Baltimore in the AFCCG

Point being, the only times those teams had to play division opponents was in the conference title games whereas the NFC East plays each other
in the earlier rounds. Think for yourself before you make any foregone conclusions.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

False. The NFC North has had all 4 of their teams make the playoffs within the last 3 years, 3 of which played for the NFC Championship wherein one of them 2 of the teams (GB and CHI) went head to head.

The AFC North had 3 of their teams make the playoffs this past season, all of them had 10 wins or more, and all 4 of them were Top 10 defenses in the NFL. Yes, even you Cleveland Browns fans can be proud about something.
Go read again... 
Criteria is stupid and skewed. How many times have the Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys played each other in the playoffs?
'07 Giants/Cowboys NFC Divisional
'08 Eagles/Giants NFC Divisional
'09 Cowboys/Eagles NFC Wild Card
Of course the NFC East is going to advance in the playoffs and increase SB chances, they play each other in the postseason.

Let's take a look at the 3 SB winners in between Giants victories.
GB: Philly, Atlanta, then Chicago in the NFCCG
NO: Arizona, Minnesota. Didn't face opponents of the same division in the playoffs.
PIT: San Diego then Baltimore in the AFCCG

Point being, the only times those teams had to play division opponents was in the conference title games whereas the NFC East plays each other
in the earlier rounds. Think for yourself before you make any foregone conclusions.

? They play each, and results has to be 1 win 1 loss for them. They didn't do it based off number of playoff wins, its win %.

And yes obviously if you have a wildcard or two in the playoffs, if they advance they are going to end up playing division opponents eventually if they are still around.

Your saying its skewed for someone advancing because they have to play each other in postseason? Really? Really?
If 3/6 teams are from same division in playoffs, just off random odds its likely for at least one of them advance. lol

What kind of criteria do you want, one that punishes a division for having multiple playoff teams? The fact is they had team there in first place to have to play each other.

And lol@ the way you decided to list those playoff games...... and you talk about other people skewing.

I dont know what division is the best outta the NFC North or NFC East but i do know that as far as Talent wise. Top to bottom NFC North hands have better players than the NFC East

i don't really care cuz the NFC East is the toughest division..i didn't need any statistical evidence to show me that. On a different note, the Giants are the %@%# ...POW!!

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Janitor

Always thought this was common knowledge

but its good to have the data to back it up. especially when ya boss was a damn fan of the Cardinals...nfc west
sick.gif

Inthe past 5 years, the Cards have been to  more Superbowls  than all but 1 NFC East teams combined
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

but its good to have the data to back it up. especially when ya boss was a damn fan of the Cardinals...nfc west
sick.gif

Inthe past 5 years, the Cards have been to  more Superbowls  than all but 1 NFC East teams combined
sick.gif

In the past 5 years the The Arizona U-8 all girls flag football team has as many Superbowl wins as the Cardinals and the rest of the NFC west combined.
sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

sound like my boss
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Janitor wrote:

sick.gif

sick.gif

In the past 5 years the The Arizona U-8 all girls flag football team has as many Superbowl wins as the Cardinals and the rest of the NFC west combined.
sick.gif

What a coincidence. Those same girls also have the same amount of playoff wins against non-NFC East opponents as the Cowboys do, they must be awesome
pimp.gif

part of the reason why I made this this thread is.....there have been people that knock Eli, Tom, Giants for not making the playoffs every year.......NFC east since 2005 has been a harder division by far than AFC south AFC west.....Rivers/Peyton could make the playoffs easily out of those divisions.....if they played since 2005 in the east do they make the playoffs every year? doubt it........on this board someone said if Rivers played on the giants he would have at least 2 championships....bottom line Rivers couldnt get the charges in the weak AFC west in playoffs in 2010 with the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE in the NFL!!!! and every year his defense finished better.........

and another thing i'm pretty sure no other division since 2005 have had 14 playoff teams and each team made the playoffs at least twice........i think only the AFC north can come close to the nfc east

sick.gif

sick.gif
I had to read this three times to make sure it was right, SMH 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom