Fake check: Jordan I black/blue retro 2001 (Experts needed!!)

To make the story short, I just received these from ebay seller a23j, who has a pretty good feedback. However, there are a few things that make the shoesfishy! He has numerous pairs of AJ 1 retro black/blue 2001 and black/red 2001 for sale available at the same time. And for the pair I received, the box tagreads made in Taiwan and the shoe tag reads made in China. Also, I'm not sure if the keychain looks like that (see pics below). The seller said the shoeswere bought from Nike. I really have no idea if these are fakes or not, experts I need your help here!

103v392.jpg

14cfkwp.jpg

2r47rjl.jpg

212982t.jpg

14dj66v.jpg

2yx5c3d.jpg

24gu8td.jpg

1zno67b.jpg

swvgk2.jpg

Ninjahood is that you?

Can you make the pics a smaller? I've got a 19" screen and I can only see about 1/2 of each pic at a time.

The tag on the tongue says XXXXX out of 27000 but this pic says there are XXXXX of 50,000.
misc01-23.gif

The shoes were manufactured in both Taiwan and China though. Maybe he got them mixed up if he has so many pairs.

Is the wings logo embossed or just stamped with ink on the ankle?

I'm not gonna say real or fake, but I can see why you would be suspicious..........We need more people.

The wings logo is embossed. Sorry for the big pics, but this allows other people to see clearer on the details I talked about.

The kicks look legit...i have 3 ds pairs of these royal 1's and i just checked out my pairs and ur kicks check out fine other than the numbering, becausethey are supposed 2 be numbered out of 50,000...ive seen this seller on ebay and his kicks have always looked legit 2 me...my 1st thought when i saw the wrongnumbering was these were b grades but the tag on the inside of the shoe isnt marked with a "b"...but perhaps these are b grades and were just nevermarked...they look legit though g...id rock em.

Don't panic, they are 100% legit

Each factory made different amounts of the shoe depending on if they were PC8 or Y2

The keychain on your kicks looks oversized g...heres a pic of my keychain, i tried 2 line it up in the same position as your pics...its weird because otherthan the numbering on the tongue of the shoe, the kicks look straight...the keychain isnt really a big deal imo because these things get lost and the sellerprobably thought it wasnt a big deal not 2 mention that it wasnt the og keychain...imo the kicks are legit and are proabably b-grades or variants...but idstill rock em, but thats just me.

so the kicks are legit i guess... since if they are fakes they're pretty good fakes since no one can really tell.

With regards to the numbering I have heard that JB screwed up and the numbers are all messed up, can anyone confirm this?

Originally Posted by jkwan18

so the kicks are legit i guess... since if they are fakes they're pretty good fakes since no one can really tell.

Just for future reference though, if you suspect there fakes, regardless if there good fakes or not, you dont ever want to settle for fakes.

Originally Posted by Mac4167

Originally Posted by jkwan18

Just for future reference though, if you suspect there fakes, regardless if there good fakes or not, you dont ever want to settle for fakes.
What I meant was they must be real since no one could point out why they're fakes. I'll never settle for fakes!!

lol, they are not fakes, they are not B-grades ...trust me, they are 100% authentic, fresh pair of Is ....stopworrying!!
laugh.gif

Think about it, these factory's can't make 50,000 pairs of shoes in one day, so the numbers are different depending on the date they weremanafactured ....in the case of your pair it was 08/06/01
indohan is a great guy!

wow relax they are legit date is correct and shape also. i had a pair back in 01 just around new years so they have to be legit in everyway

LOL... Listen to the expert... You know, the fire guy. I am no match against him.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Don't panic, they are 100% legit

Each factory made different amounts of the shoe depending on if they were PC8 or Y2

nail on the head about your numbering. legit.

Ok, now im thoroughly confused. If thats the case, then why do some say 23,000, 27,000 AND those that say 50,000??

Mine are ---- 010709 Y2 China ---- 07-12-01 ---- size 12 ---- # 11678 of 50,000

My black/red pair is this: ---- 010507 Y3 China --- 05-12-01 ----- size 11.5 ------ (i dont have a picture laying around of my tongue tag, and the shoes areburried in the closet)

Please give a better explanation someone, this is very interesting AJ history.

Sum are obviously labelled different, this is jus me but i dnt like the info/pics air jordans.com gives. there is nothing wrong with the royals posted in thepics above, everything is on point, jus dnt worry about cereal numbers, they can all differ.

Relax. It's a strategy that JB made to made the shoes seem like "limited".
This pair is no where near being limited.
Think about it, how is 50,000 being limited when Limited Edition XX3 only has 529 pairs? (Wait, 23*23 is 529 right?)

Yeah im just trying to figuring out the numbering system. Can you enlighten me Indo? Is there 23,000, 27,000, and 50,000? whats the rhyme and reason?

I said the reason on my previous post.
As for the number, I'm not sure about that. There are 50,000 and some weird 27,000.
To be honest, I don't really care about the production number i.e. Y3 or PC bla bla bla.
Some people even pay close attention on (c) of the shoe tag. I don't do that.

How I really check out if shoes are legit or not is through the shape, material, shoe tag date and format, colorway, etc.
My advise is: look at legit shoes more often.
When you see a fake pair, you just know it even with an eye closed. For some cases, you just know it without realizing the reasons.

I hope this helps, even if slightly out of the number topic.

Back
Top Bottom