Fakes killing me

Just wanted some other opinions but with grey market crap it makes me wanna stop even tryin to cop on ebay and other sites fi don't think gm is legit and I'm stuck tryin to find legit pairs on ebay and it sucks makes wanna stop even though I have mad love for so many OG s and limiteds I don't have

You sound very conflicted buddy.. and idk what exactly you're asking opinions for. If it's about how people feel about GM then you're gonna have a never ending thread.

Personally I won't buy from ebay or sites anymore. I don't want to be ripped off thinking I am getting legit shoes and get GMs. You can get GMs for decent prices no need to pay a crazy price through a reseller for them.

I mean if you are ok with them get them straight from China. If not use reputable sources.

Last edited:
honestly if you are tired of GMs and refuse to buy from any where besides an authorized retailer and you miss a release, either tough luck you will never get the sneaker or hit up flight club

i don't like buying off ebay either. Learn of some reputable places and follow them on IG. Also if you want to cop off ebay ask for tagged or dated pics. Put them up for a lc on the board. Also you tube if full of comparison videos you can watch to educated yourself. Finally no matter where you cop from on the secondary market use paypal so you have some protection. Never use cash or western union. 

Idk I always used to think that grey market was like b grades but authentic but since all the sites like mental kicks marquee sole are selling replicas and mad people are advertising as authentic it ruins a lot of the actual fun of buying on a lot sites such as ebay because you never really know what your getting sent to you could be real could fake

honestly if you are tired of GMs and refuse to buy from any where besides an authorized retailer and you miss a release, either tough luck you will never get the sneaker or hit up flight club
how do you know flight club didn't receive gm's from different sellers?

Buy it then post pics and if its GM then return it. Are we questioning FCNYs authenticity?

fcny get there sneakers from other PEOPLE. Now where those "people" get there shoes from, i don't know. Im sure from time to time a pair of gm squeeze by, i know it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. 

Its just a risky situation. ive walked into FcNy several times and i see a boat load of REsellers coming into there establishment with a vast amount of js and nikes and they bring it in to get an estimate. Now hopefully the FCNY employees do a detail inspection of the shoe, but i tend to wonder to myself with all that traffic of sellers bringing in alot of sneakers, who has the time to look over every shoe in detail. When they can take in there consignment fee and do a general look at the main components of a shoe and keep it moving. 

Last edited:
I literally can't find a legit pair of concords in a size 8. EBay/kixify filled with fakes and people asking for like 500

I wear a size 10.5 and I'm in the same ship 400-500 for anything legit wish it was 300-350 because 400-500 is out of control for real I've been lookin for some concords and the cool shoe shine had the cheapest pair for 530 or best offer I sent offer for 425 off purse it was declined

I've been collecting for close to 10 years and I recently stopped for good. But unless something drastic has changed in the past 5 months that I haven't been collecting you guys sound like you need some patience. You won't always find a shoe in your price range the second you have to look. It takes time especially when you're looking for a rare and sought after shoe. Two cases of my own experience in recent memory are when I was lookin for DMP 11 and the tour yellow 4s. If you look now you'll see that it's almost impossible to find either shoe for less than 400. But after searching for around 5 months each I got the 4s for 170 and the dmp 11s for 235 both in very very near dead stock condition.
View media item 914077View media item 914081

Flightclub is one of the most well known consignment shops in the U.S. maybe even the world. Are we really gonna question the authenticity of what they buy off ppl? Cmon now fams. GMs have gotten good but they not THAT good. If I can tell real vs fake how good do you think the employees are at a shop that sells some of the rarest kicks ever. Theres are reason they are priced so high. Authenticity guaranteed. Even though I refuse to pay their prices for my size I wouldn't question them. @OP you just need to be good with telling real vs fake. If you can't post the pics from ebay on the LC forums and we'll check it out for you. I've bought Chicago 10s, Grape 5s, Kilroy 9s on ebay. All legit and the highest payed were the grapes $215 shipped DS.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good Idea I'll make my list today and yea your right on the never ending part cause their always a pair lurking I wanted back in the day what is crazy as I have been looking at fcny and their prices are sometimes cheaper then ones on ebay is crazy is that is I much rather buy from them then some person on ebay

I literally can't find a legit pair of concords in a size 8. EBay/kixify filled with fakes and people asking for like 500
Try finding a pair of size 13 in most limited kicks, and then try finding a size 13 in Gammas for a reasonable price....and aren't fake. I think I found one for 270, VNDS, but I havent legit checked, plus dude lives in Jersey so... Yea

Last edited:
Of coarse not they dropped a while ago and people love them. Stay patient but be ready to spend some money.
Im willing to spend 300 but what's even harder is finding a legit pair. Size 8 doesn't seem to exist :/

Try finding a pair of size 13 in most limited kicks, and then try finding a size 13 in Gammas for a reasonable price....and aren't fake. I think I found one for 270, VNDS, but I havent legit checked, plus dude lives in Jersey so... Yea
I've only seen 360+ for a size 8

Asked a guy on eBay where I could find some nice fakes he was selling as legits at(just to see what reaction I would get)
He said marqueesole

SMH lol

Back
Top Bottom