Fakes Ruined The Brand

Ive Noticed Where Im From(St. Louis) Every Since Jordans Have Been Heavily Faked Around Here People Dont Waste There Time Buying Them Anymore, I See A Lot OfPeople With Fusions But Not I,II,III,IV, etc...... Back In The Day We Used To Sell Out Literally Before The Doors Open! Now The Stores Dont Even Bother To OpenEarly Anymore! Is This Everywhere Or What?

Don't know about everywhere, but in Philly it's the same thing. Most heat I've seen in the past 5 years was a dude wearing fire red III's threeweeks ago at the grocery store. Everyone has fusions and 6 rings. Stores haven't opened early here since '01.

JB's business model and approach to retros and new releases ruined the brand..... instead of folding to demand of the consumer they chose to put out crapmanufacture it and take huge losses, which is partially why we're paying so much for the good releases (and get crapped on cuz they're limited) ihaven't purchased a pair of J's since my all-star 8's and those i even bought DS off one of my friend's for 95 bucks best pick up for meever... but i wouldn't be caught dead buying anything they put out except Space Jams (and that's if they don't mess those up too)

STARZ wrote:
because we all know jordans dont sell out like they used to. i really dont think its becuase of fakes. even in dallas the shoes dont sell out. i know theres fakes in dallas but i see 1 out of 10 people wearing fakes

1 out of 10
eek.gif

Sounds like the promised land
pimp.gif

Up here it's at least 7 out of 10.

partially because some people have the ideology that fakes are better than the real thing due to the color ways. Mostly its JB fault for all the damn crap theyhave released and their continued business model

Originally Posted by STARZ

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

STARZ wrote:
because we all know jordans dont sell out like they used to. i really dont think its becuase of fakes. even in dallas the shoes dont sell out. i know theres fakes in dallas but i see 1 out of 10 people wearing fakes

1 out of 10
eek.gif

Sounds like the promised land
pimp.gif

Up here it's at least 7 out of 10.

it is
wink.gif
you get talked down on if you are ever seen with fakes. i know i call people out on it, only if they are trying to show off though like "ya dont know nothing about these all red 7's bro!" im like those never came out though
roll.gif

That settle's it I'm going to Dallas
laugh.gif

I call people out for wearing fakes, but they roll in gangs up here. I get through like 3-4 dudes and there's still like 10 left
smh.gif
mad.gif

Even people I work/hang out with try and clown on me for not having the black/orange XI's that they got for $60
sick.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

i dont think fakes are the reason for this, i think it has to do with alot of things like, material, customer feelings toward the brand (how they feel they arebeing treated) and now the economy. but i think fakes also might have something to do with it. ive seen some fakes that look soo real i had to 2-3 times beforefiguering out they are fakes. i mean if it takes that long to figure out they are fakes at an upclose look, no one can tell from far away when thy are onsomeones feet, so im sure people are like why pay soo much for real ones if i can get fakes.....i dont know...

Calling people out for wearing fakes is dangerous. lol Dudes get their butt beat up over that stuff.

Anyways, I rarely see fakes where I live. In the past year or so, I've only seen three fakes (AJF 23) wore by the same dude.

it's a combination of a lot of things. fakes. crappy releases. poor quality. high priced, (for the most part) crappy packages. bumping prices for"LS" and "quickstrike" and "limited release". recession. great releases always go pretty quick, within the first week most of thetime. shoes sell out eventually, maybe not as quickly as they used to..

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Calling people out for wearing fakes is dangerous. lol Dudes get their butt beat up over that stuff.

Anyways, I rarely see fakes where I live. In the past year or so, I've only seen three fakes (AJF 23) wore by the same dude.
I've seen a lot of people get their @#! kicked over that. It's too hard for me to resist calling people out for that though...

I live on the east coast in Jersey so I'm not callin any1 out for fakes bcuz ppl crazy. All I do is shake my head. I saw this guy with gray red white andblue 8's.

here in georgia, fakes fusion and 6rings are everywhere... I mean you can be chillin at a barber shop and dudes be pullin up with trunk full of them

well.... the more ppl wear fakes, the more opportunities for the people who actually care to cop real ones

There is a #+*+ load of people in san antonio dat rock fakes here...I just sit back and laugh

Back
Top Bottom