Family Guy Question...

The adults can definitely understand what he says, but they just don't take him seriously simply because he's a baby.

Originally Posted by Club29

i remember in one of the 1st season episodes,

Stewie yells "Burn in hell!" to Lois

to which Lois responds: "Hell? Hell has fire..."

something to that effect.

She definitely understood him saying that. Take it for what its worth.

Yes, I was gonna say this, too.

They explained this in one of this season's episodes, when Loretta wants to get back together with Cleveland.

Brian and Stewie are going to talk to Loretta for the first time since she left the show, and right before they knock on her door, they are trying to decidewho should talk. Here they explain who can understand what Stewie is saying.

Edit: From Wikipedia

Also, there has been some debate over the course of the series as to whether or not people can understand Stewie, which is pointed by the charactersoccasionally. In "E. Peterbus Unum", which turned out to be ahistorical and video being watched in a school in the future, one student asks if the adults can understand him. Also, in "Love Blactually", Brian and Stewie debate whether or not the character Lorettacould understand him, as she is no longer a recurring character as of now but, being the ex-wife of Cleveland, she has more of a connection to the main cast, so they conclude she'd only "get the jist" of what he'ssaying (a filming crew member also shouts, "We're filming!", from off-screen, another knock at the fourth wall).

Originally Posted by Kell78dogg

Brian is a dog. Stewie is a baby. They both talk. This show is not meant to make sense.
laugh.gif

stewie talks to them...especially his mother and he'll say crazy stuff like "go to hell" and she will respond with like "eat yourdinner"

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Welp...the episode Love Blactually cleared it up for me..and ina funny way as well..."I get the gist of what you're saying Stewly"
laugh.gif
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom