Family of student killed over $935 Yeezy sneakers to share memorial on Instagram Live

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. – For some of Andrea Camps’ family and friends, grieving during the coronavirus pandemic will involve having to watch her memorial service on Instagram Live on Tuesday. Her family is also using the Care Calendar online service to stay in touch with loved ones.

Camps had just celebrated her 18th birthday March 25th when a 19-year-old man killed her, police said. She was a student at Terra Environmental Research Institute, and she had been admitted to Florida International University. Her dreams of becoming a nurse came to an end on April 7th.

Camps left with her boyfriend, Sergio Berben, in his white 2018 Jeep Wrangler, to meet men they thought were going to buy Adidas Yeezy sneakers from them. Berben set up the $935 resale deal for three pairs of the rapper Kanye West’s designs on his KickZone305 Instagram account, police said.

The resale turned out to be a deadly ambush at an abandoned home in Homestead, police said. When confronted with the evidence, detectives said the accused robbers, George Walton and Adrian Cosby, both 19 years old, confessed to being involved in her death.

Walton told Berben he wanted to try the sneakers on before paying for them, but he later told officers his real intent was to steal them, police said. When Berben refused to hand them over without payment, Cosby fired his weapon, police said.

Camps was shot in the torso, police said. Berben drove away and ended up parking along the Florida Turnpike near Southwest 248th Street and 112th Avenue. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue took them to Jackson South Medical Center where doctors pronounced Camps dead.

Berben, who was injured in the arm and remained too distraught to talk to Local 10 News on Monday, survived. Detectives said he identified both Walton and Cosby, who are both being held without bond.

Cosby, who is at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center, faces charges of second-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder and attempted robbery with a deadly weapon. Walton, who is receiving medical attention, is facing charges of attempted murder, second-degree murder and attempted robbery with a deadly weapon.

Seems suspicious ...

Imagine being a dude in a Stand Your ground state rolling around "Lacking"

and watching your girl get shot by a variant Rastafarian Nick Cannon and some other dude....

it might be a bigger setup for that dude to take over all his girls stuff....

so BET...

What was supposed to happen was she was supposed to give up the kicks without problem and the boyfriend gets them later and sells them behind her back but she looked at her bf like he was a coward not helping her so the henchmen did what they were supposed to do and it's like that movie FARGO

I mean the age of the perpetrators is too much of a coincidence too... they may be associates of the guy... if it was truly a coincidence then this is sad and tragic but It has all the hallmarks of a setup.. which would still make it sad & tragic...

because this dude is still selling his girls sz. 4's on ig

SAD AF and in bad taste

If I was an investigator I'd look into the boyfriend ... just saying

Last edited:
Seems suspicious ...

and watching your girl get shot by a variant Rastafarian Nick Cannon and some other dude....

so BET...

What was supposed to happen was she was supposed to give up the kicks without problem and the boyfriend gets them later and sells them behind her back but she looked at her bf like he was a coward not helping her so the henchmen did what they were supposed to do and it's like that movie FARGO

I mean the age of the perpetrators is too much of a coincidence too... they may be associates of the guy... if it was truly a coincidence then this is sad and tragic but It has all the hallmarks of a setup.. which would still make it sad & tragic...

SAD AF and in bad taste

If it's a setup then what's the reasoning for the shooter to eat all the charges? I think this is just a case of young people being naive to the potential of being robbed.

Seems suspicious ...

so BET...

SAD AF and in bad taste

Well I mean they probably needed the money and that didn’t change. Dude should’ve bolted as soon as two grown men asked to try a size 4 on though that makes no sense

Gucci that's why I was suspicious from the jump especially in FL.

also dude has a lot of sz 10s and 11s so they might've been meeting up for those...

He also might've had them shoot him in the arm

but that the bf inherited her shoes and is now selling them so soon

Oh well I could be way off or more could be revealed

Last edited:
The bf ego got her killed should've just give up the shoes. Sad situation.
Based on the story, he didn’t even have a chance to give up the shoes.

Shooter asks to try the shoes, dude asks to see the money and shooter starts blasting right away. If that story is true then they probably meant to kill them before they could drive off and steal the shoes.

but yeah you still gotta look at the bf funny. They were directed to an abandoned house and he thought it was still cool? Should have driven off like 50 at that point

Seems suspicious ...

so BET...

SAD AF and in bad taste

Dude it was a bunch of 18-19 year olds and the boyfriend posted the last shoe for sale 5 days before she was murdered. Idk why they actually met up the way they did at some random abandoned house, that’s the only sketchy part. Idk why they wouldn’t meet in a Walmart parking lot or somewhere like that. But their IG page only has like 500 followers and has just some basic GR Yeezys, it’s not like the dude was getting rich off of whatever shoes she had.

RIP to the girl

Meeting at an abandoned house was sus from the jump. Don't think the full story is being told. Drugs could have been involved as part of the deal

if you're gonna do an exchange for that amount, don't go alone and bring da strap. RIP to her :frown:

RIP to the young lady...
This is article is terrible journalism...

and this is why people use StockX, eBay and GOAT

You can't be that desperate for cash that you aren't going to do it in public.

RIP to her
I guess kids these days are naive. Ain’t no way I’m doing a $1000 deal in person. What you gonna walk around with 1k in cash for

Wow RIP. It is never that serious.

And this is why when I do transactions like this, I do them in public/populated locations.

Back
Top Bottom