Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

I'm not that big of a fan of closers in fantasy baseball. They only help in one category really. They don't pitch enough innings to really help your K's, ERA, or WHIP significantly... but when they do get rocked, they can hurt your ERA and WHIP bad.

i got a few teams already. got another draft in 1 hr. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

hopin to get 1st, 2nd, 11th, or 12th pick.

ended up getting 11th pick. here's how i made out. i think i did pretty good.

[table][tr][td]C[/td][td]
Geovany Soto

(ChC - C)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]1B[/td][td]
Ryan Howard

(Phi - 1B)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]2B[/td][td]
Martín Prado

(Atl - 1B,2B,3B)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]3B[/td][td]
Kevin Youkilis

(Bos - 1B,3B)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS[/td][td]
Marco Scutaro

(Bos - SS)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]
Curtis Granderson

(NYY - OF)
Raúl Ibañez

(Phi - OF)
Michael Bourn

(Hou - OF)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Util[/td][td]
Prince Fielder

(Mil - 1B)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Util[/td][td]
Nyjer Morgan

(Was - OF)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]SP[/td][td]
Chris Carpenter

(StL - SP)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]SP[/td][td]
Cliff Lee

(Sea - SP)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]RP[/td][td]
Billy Wagner

(Atl - RP)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]RP[/td][td]
Rafael Soriano

(TB - RP)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]
Josh Johnson

(Fla - SP)
Jon Lester

(Bos - SP)
Rich Harden

(Tex - SP)
Daisuke Matsuzaka

(Bos - SP)
[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td]
Vladimir Guerrero

(Tex - Util)
Garrett Jones

(Pit - 1B,OF)
Kevin Gregg

(Tor - RP)
Kerry Wood

(Cle - RP)
Joe Blanton

(Phi - SP)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm not that big of a fan of closers in fantasy baseball. They only help in one category really. They don't pitch enough innings to really help your K's, ERA, or WHIP significantly... but when they do get rocked, they can hurt your ERA and WHIP bad.
You have a couple of quality closers those 5-6 scoreless inning in the week certainly help your ERA/WHIP, they also get the chances for those cheap wins.

Any1 startup a Yahoo league yet?  If not I can one up if we have enough people.

Anybody wanna make an official thread for a ESPN NT MLB League? I was thinking about starting one for about 10 NT users

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

my squad
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font]
Geovany Soto

(ChC - C)

Albert Pujols

(StL - 1B)

Howie Kendrick

(LAA - 2B)

Pablo Sandoval

(SF - 1B,3B

Troy Tulowitzki

(Col - SS)

Adam Jones

(Bal - OF)

Josh Hamilton

(Tex - OF)

Carlos Beltrán

(NYM - OF)

Chipper Jones

(Atl - 3B)

Vladimir Guerrero

(Tex - Util)

Josh Beckett

(Bos - SP)

Clayton Kershaw

(LAD - SP

Carlos Zambrano

(ChC - SP)

Mariano Rivera

(NYY - RP)

Francisco Rodríguez

(NYM - RP)

Jair Jurrjens

(Atl - SP)

David Price

(TB - SP)

Brian Fuentes

(LAA - RP)

and here are the notable fa's

Carlos Peña

(TB - 1B)

Hunter Pence

(Hou - OF)

Gordon Beckham

(CWS - 3B)

Brad Hawpe

(Col - OF)

Nyjer Morgan

(Was - OF)

Rafael Furcal

(LAD - SS)

Magglio Ordóñez

(Det - OF)

Neftali Feliz

(Tex - RP)

Rafael Soriano

(TB - RP)

Rich Harden

(Tex - SP)

Phil Hughes

(NYY - SP,RP)

Daisuke Matsuzaka

(Bos - SP)

Johnny Cueto

(Cin - SP) im not sure who to pick up
I'd pick up Pence. You have some fragile OFs on your roster right now.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

You have a couple of quality closers those 5-6 scoreless inning in the week certainly help your ERA/WHIP, they also get the chances for those cheap wins.
Take this into consideration. Closers are the most unstable position in all of fantasy baseball. How many times have you heard this guy's losing his closing job? At the trading deadline, what happened to George Sherrill? He got traded to become another team's set up man. Even established closers lose their jobs or at least struggle. Brad Lidge and K-Rod come to mind.

You bring up the point that closers can get you cheap wins. Don't get it twisted. I'm replacing a closer on my team and replacing him with a SP with RP eligibility, like a J.A. Happ from last year. And a starter can get you wins on a more consistent basis than a closer.

You don't have to agree with me. This is just my opinion. There are many ways to win in fantasy baseball.

[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]
Trends
[/th][th=""]
Batting
[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]
Pos
[/th][th=""]
Edit
[/th][th=""]
Batters
[/th][th=""]
Edit
[/th][th=""]
Opp
[/th][th=""]
Status
[/th][th=""]
% Started
[/th][th=""]
H/AB
[/th][th=""]
R
[/th][th=""]
HR
[/th][th=""]
RBI
[/th][th=""]
SB
[/th][th=""]
AVG
[/th][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td] [/td][td]
Russell Martin

(LAD - C)
[/td][td]CUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]89%[/td][td]126/505[/td][td]63[/td][td]7[/td][td]53[/td][td]11[/td][td].250[/td][/tr][tr][td]1B[/td][td] [/td][td]
Jorge Cantú

(Fla - 1B,3B)
[/td][td]1B3BUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]78%[/td][td]169/585[/td][td]67[/td][td]16[/td][td]100[/td][td]3[/td][td].289[/td][/tr][tr][td]2B[/td][td] [/td][td]
Dan Uggla

(Fla - 2B)
[/td][td]2BUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]90%[/td][td]137/564[/td][td]84[/td][td]31[/td][td]90[/td][td]2[/td][td].243[/td][/tr][tr][td]3B[/td][td] [/td][td]
Casey Blake

(LAD - 3B)
[/td][td]3BUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]41%[/td][td]136/485[/td][td]84[/td][td]18[/td][td]79[/td][td]3[/td][td].280[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS[/td][td] [/td][td]
Elvis Andrus

(Tex - SS)
[/td][td]SSUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]84%[/td][td]128/480[/td][td]72[/td][td]6[/td][td]40[/td][td]33[/td][td].267[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td] [/td][td]
Matt Kemp

(LAD - OF)
[/td][td]OFUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]98%[/td][td]180/606[/td][td]97[/td][td]26[/td][td]101[/td][td]34[/td][td].297[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td] [/td][td]
Matt Holliday

(StL - OF)
[/td][td]OFUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]97%[/td][td]182/581[/td][td]94[/td][td]24[/td][td]109[/td][td]14[/td][td].313[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td] [/td][td]
Jason Bay

(NYM - OF)
[/td][td]OFUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]96%[/td][td]142/531[/td][td]103[/td][td]36[/td][td]119[/td][td]13[/td][td].267[/td][/tr][tr][td]Util[/td][td] [/td][td]
James Loney

(LAD - 1B)
[/td][td]1BUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]44%[/td][td]162/576[/td][td]73[/td][td]13[/td][td]90[/td][td]7[/td][td].281[/td][/tr][tr][td]Util[/td][td] [/td][td]
Nick Swisher

(NYY - 1B,OF)
[/td][td]1BOFUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]26%[/td][td]124/498[/td][td]84[/td][td]29[/td][td]82[/td][td]0[/td][td].249[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td] [/td][td]
Todd Helton

(Col - 1B)
[/td][td]1BUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]29%[/td][td]177/544[/td][td]79[/td][td]15[/td][td]86[/td][td]0[/td][td].325[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td] [/td][td]
Juan Pierre

(CWS - OF)
[/td][td]OFUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]23%[/td][td]117/380[/td][td]57[/td][td]0[/td][td]31[/td][td]30[/td][td].308[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td] [/td][td]
Paul Konerko

(CWS - 1B)
[/td][td]1BUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]21%[/td][td]151/546[/td][td]75[/td][td]28[/td][td]88[/td][td]1[/td][td].277[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td] [/td][td]
Franklin Gutiérrez

(Sea - OF)
[/td][td]OFUtilBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]21%[/td][td]160/565[/td][td]85[/td][td]18[/td][td]70[/td][td]16[/td][td].283[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td] [/td][td]
--empty--
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td]DL[/td][td] [/td][td]
--empty--
[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]
Trends
[/th][th=""]
Pitching
[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]
Pos
[/th][th=""]
Edit
[/th][th=""]
Pitchers
[/th][th=""]
Edit
[/th][th=""]
Opp
[/th][th=""]
Status
[/th][th=""]
% Started
[/th][th=""]
IP
[/th][th=""]
W
[/th][th=""]
SV
[/th][th=""]
K
[/th][th=""]
ERA
[/th][th=""]
WHIP
[/th][/tr][tr][td]SP[/td][td] [/td][td]
Félix Hernández

(Sea - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]97%[/td][td]238.2[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][td]217[/td][td]2.49[/td][td]1.14[/td][/tr][tr][td]SP[/td][td] [/td][td]
Justin Verlander

(Det - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]96%[/td][td]240.0[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][td]269[/td][td]3.45[/td][td]1.18[/td][/tr][tr][td]RP[/td][td] [/td][td]
Joe Nathan

(Min - RP)
[/td][td]RPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]97%[/td][td]68.2[/td][td]2[/td][td]47[/td][td]89[/td][td]2.10[/td][td]0.93[/td][/tr][tr][td]RP[/td][td] [/td][td]
David Aardsma

(Sea - RP)
[/td][td]RPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]72%[/td][td]71.1[/td][td]3[/td][td]38[/td][td]80[/td][td]2.52[/td][td]1.16[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td] [/td][td]
Clayton Kershaw

(LAD - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]93%[/td][td]171.0[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]185[/td][td]2.79[/td][td]1.23[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td] [/td][td]
Jorge De La Rosa

(Col - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]75%[/td][td]185.0[/td][td]16[/td][td]0[/td][td]193[/td][td]4.38[/td][td]1.38[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td] [/td][td]
Scott Feldman

(Tex - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]28%[/td][td]189.2[/td][td]17[/td][td]0[/td][td]113[/td][td]4.08[/td][td]1.28[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td] [/td][td]
Ricky Romero

(Tor - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]8%[/td][td]178.0[/td][td]13[/td][td]0[/td][td]141[/td][td]4.30[/td][td]1.52[/td][/tr][tr][td]BN[/td][td] [/td][td]
Joe Blanton

(Phi - SP)
[/td][td]SPPBN[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]17%[/td][td]195.1[/td][td]12[/td][td]0[/td][td]163[/td][td]4.05[/td][td]1.32
[/td][/tr][/table]

I'm unsure about how I feel about my squad. 12 team league, 9th pick.

Gerardo Parra

Magglio Ordóñez

Michael Brantley

Randy Winn

Jeff Francoeur

Mike Cameron

Josh Willingham

Elijah Dukes

David Murphy

Drew Stubbs

Jack Cust

Kyle Blanks

Aaron Rowand

Freddy Sánchez

Rick Ankiel

Kosuke Fukudome

Scott Rolen

Edwin Encarnación

Cameron Maybin

Dexter Fowler

Travis Snider

Milton Bradley

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Randy Ruiz

Brandon Wood

I know that's your boy but I'd never draft Russell Martin again until he moves to the AL. Catching is already taking it's toll on him.

562 I was reading your earlier post and I didnt have the bottom showing that said these were the players available.

I was like...."uhhhh....this is the worst fantasy team I've ever seen." I kept scrolling down waiting for a stud to pop up and one never did.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

562 I was reading your earlier post and I didnt have the bottom showing that said these were the players available.

I was like...."uhhhh....this is the worst fantasy team I've ever seen." I kept scrolling down waiting for a stud to pop up and one never did.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
looking like a 30 team league and i'm the expansion squad
roll.gif

I was like...."uhhhh....this is the worst fantasy team I've ever seen."I kept scrolling down waiting for a stud to pop up and one never did.
Same. I thought he might be in a league with the entire population of Los Angeles. 
laugh.gif

Don't pick up Santana. He won't be with the Indians until at least sometime after the All-Star break.

I'm definitely down for the NT league again. PM me the info. Made a late-season push last year into 4th place, couldn't catch Proshares though.

Johan Santana's injury doomed me - remember getting him in a trade with KLJ. Think it was Tex, Zach Duke, and Valverde for Johan and Kinsler.

And all this was after I missed the draft, damn auto-pick. I dropped Aaron Hill at the beginning of the season too what a bonehead move.

12 team league, Yahoo.

C- Russel Martin
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Dan Uggla
3B- Mark Reynolds
SS- Orlando Cabrera
OF- Matt Kemp (1st pick, I had 8th in the draft)
OF- Nick Markakis
OF- Brad Hawpe
Util- Vlad Guerrero
Util- Ken Griffey Jr. (I had to draft him, I couldn't not)
BN- Nick Johnson, Miguel Olivo, Jamey Carroll, Cody Ross (With the exception of NJ, they were autopicked for me).

SP- Felix Hernandez
SP- Josh Johnson
SP- Clayton Kershaw
RP- Brian Wilson
RP- Damaso Marte
P- Mark Buehrle
P- Joba Chamberlain
P- Scott Kazmir
P- Joe Saunders
BN- Aroldis Chapman (Picked him up after I had a 16 K game with him in MLB 2K10
laugh.gif
).

CKurt Suzuki, Oak C [\
1BRyan Howard, Phi 1B
2BDan Uggla, Fla 2B
3BAlex Rodriguez, NYY 3B
SSJ.J. Hardy, Min SS
2B/SSEverth Cabrera
1B/3BEvan Longoria,
OFMatt Kemp, LAD OF
OFCurtis Granderson, NYY OF
OFJosh Hamilton, Tex OF
OFChris Young, Ari OF
OFJuan Rivera, LAA OF
UTILScott Sizemore, Det 2B
BenchKelly Johnson, Ari 2B
BenchLuis Castillo, NYM 2B
BenchNick Johnson NYY 1B
PJonathan Sanchez, SF SP
PTim Lincecum, SF SP
PRoy Halladay, Phi SP
PDaisuke Matsuzaka, Bos SP
PBrad Lidge, Phi RP
PDavid Price, TB SP
PFrank Francisco, Tex RP
PJason Frasor, Tor RP
PBen Sheets, Oak SP

What do you guys think? ESPN league btw

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I'm definitely down for the NT league again. PM me the info. Made a late-season push last year into 4th place, couldn't catch Proshares though.

Johan Santana's injury doomed me - remember getting him in a trade with KLJ. Think it was Tex, Zach Duke, and Valverde for Johan and Kinsler.

And all this was after I missed the draft, damn auto-pick. I dropped Aaron Hill at the beginning of the season too what a bonehead move.
Champ, i PM'd you about a NT fantasy league

Originally Posted by RoOk

CKurt Suzuki, Oak C [\
1BRyan Howard, Phi 1B
2BDan Uggla, Fla 2B
3BAlex Rodriguez, NYY 3B
SSJ.J. Hardy, Min SS
2B/SSEverth Cabrera
1B/3BEvan Longoria,
OFMatt Kemp, LAD OF
OFCurtis Granderson, NYY OF
OFJosh Hamilton, Tex OF
OFChris Young, Ari OF
OFJuan Rivera, LAA OF
UTILScott Sizemore, Det 2B
BenchKelly Johnson, Ari 2B
BenchLuis Castillo, NYM 2B
BenchNick Johnson NYY 1B
PJonathan Sanchez, SF SP
PTim Lincecum, SF SP
PRoy Halladay, Phi SP
PDaisuke Matsuzaka, Bos SP
PBrad Lidge, Phi RP
PDavid Price, TB SP
PFrank Francisco, Tex RP
PJason Frasor, Tor RP
PBen Sheets, Oak SP

What do you guys think? ESPN league btw
How many teams? Three? You have like 5-6 first or second round picks.

^ you must be playing with 11 idiots to get howard/arod/longoria/lincecum/halladay/kemp ALL within 6 rounds in a snake draft. unless you made a couple of trades...

If anyone is starting an active yahoo H2H league, PM me or post the info here.. i want to play vs the "best"..

^ It was an auction league with a $200 budget.

The other guys played it smart but i risked

Back
Top Bottom