Fantasy Baseball 2010! It's back!

Originally Posted by Proshares

Soto, Kendrick, Sandoval, Andrus, Lind, Butler, Beckham and Heyward are all a bit of a red flag to me. Gotta hope Soto has a better season than last year, Kendrick to hit, Sandoval not to be a one year wonder, Andrus to learn to hit better, Lind and Butler to not be a one year wonder, Beckham to show some promise and Heyward to live up to massive expectations. Not to say that all these things won't happen because there's a good chance they'll all be good as the season goes on. Pitching is very high risk/high reward as you said.

Soto - you're right about him. but he can only go up right? i think bounce back. also i drafted him in round 20 so i think OK value
Kendrick - like i said Beckham will prob end up being my 2b but i draft Howie every year hoping for .315 15hr 15sb so maybe this is the year
Sandoval - not a one year wonder at all he's legit. .320 25hr
Andrus - steals and .280. thats all i want. i think ill get it. if the avg is low, maybe trade him midseason to someone in need of SB
Lind - also not a one year wonder i think. he was a legit prospect and went .300 35hr 100rbi. if i get close to that from my Util spot im happy
Butler - im not entirely sold on him yet but i like him as my other Util plus a good home park for homers
Beckham - i <3 Beckham this year. .280 20hr 80rbi 20sb is his bottom IMO and at 2b...LOVE
Heyward - was my last pick of the draft...needed another OF for the bench...even though unproven he's a beast and as my last pick i think its great value

just giving the reasoning

Soto, Kendrick, Sandoval, Andrus, Lind, Butler, Beckham and Heyward are all a bit of a red flag to me. Gotta hope Soto has a better season than last year, Kendrick to hit, Sandoval not to be a one year wonder, Andrus to learn to hit better, Lind and Butler to not be a one year wonder, Beckham to show some promise and Heyward to live up to massive expectations. Not to say that all these things won't happen because there's a good chance they'll all be good as the season goes on. Pitching is very high risk/high reward as you said.
Sandoval definitely isn't a one year wonder.

12 team league, roto, i had 3rd pick, thoughts???

C- Matt Wieters
1b - Adrian Gonzalez
2b - Chase Utley
3b - Gordon Beckham
SS - Erick Aybar
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - Adam Lind
OF - Jason Heyward
Util - Nyjer Morgan
Bench - Mark DeRosa

SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - Tommy Hanson
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Andrew Bailey
P - Matt Garza
P - Rick Porcello
P - Billy Wagner
Bench - Rich Harden
Bench - Ryan Madson
Bench - Tim Hudson
Bench - Frank Francisco

I got offered Josh Hamilton and Kerry Wood for Jason Heywerd? What do you guys think?

Also should I own any RP from the Bluejays?

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Sandoval definitely isn't a one year wonder.
He's a young kid and I hope I'm wrong about that.  I'm just saying it's a bit of a risk with him Lind and Butler.

Originally Posted by parada45

I got offered Josh Hamilton and Kerry Wood for Jason Heywerd? What do you guys think?

i kinda like that trade for you except you gotta wait on Kerry Wood as he starts on DL. However, Jason Frasor is the CL for the Jays and if you can grab him, waiting on Wood might be a little easier

I got a league running. Need 6 more teams. I might change it to head-to-head but right now it's Ros.. when the 6 (8 max) join I will close and start the auto pick league. Inbox me ASAP.

Originally Posted by parada45

Anyone else got any insight? 

I'm starting a league on yahoo. Draft is tomorrow night at 8:30pm

ID is 619197
Password: Homer

Parada- I'd just pickup Chris Perez and keep heyward. Hamilton is tough but he can't keep healthy and wood already has splinters protruding from his body. Always hurt he is. You could prolly swing Heyward for better right now.

Shady, can you do me a favor and start up a new league?

I can draft this weekend, just finishing up a Lit paper.

Easily my favorite team I've drafted this year. Tell me what you guys think please

12 team standard 5x5 scoring H2H. Had the 10th pick, I was debating on taking Kemp @ #10, but I think Tex is better suited for H2H. Buy in for this league is $50 with 70/20/10 payout

2vun2ia.jpg

I have a draft starting in an hour, still looking for a few more teams. It's head to head on yahoo.

ID: 619197
Password: Homer

Should I be patient and hold on to Webb or do you think he's going to be out for a while? I took him with my last pick hoping he would have a good comeback season, but it looks like he might be a while away from coming back. I'm hearing good things about Fausto Carmona and how they tweaked his delivery and his spring stats are looking good. I know it's only spring training, but he's just a couple years removed from being a 19 game winner.

Made up a new Yahoo league. League ID is: 628228 Password is: niketalk

10 team, head to head, Online draft this Sunday night at 9 PM, works for me but is negotiable.

Get it.

Hoping to get some opinions here. A lot of NYers here, so I have a feeling eveyone will say no...

I was thinking about offering CC for Verlander. I have always been a Verlander fan and would rather have him over CC, but this is a paid league, so I want the best for my team..

Who would you go with?

The $+%@@*+ set the draft for right when I was getting married, so I had to auto draft, lol. Still came out good, IMO.

Here is my team:

(10 team league)

CC:

O-Rank - 41
Rank - 36

IP - 230 
W/CG/SO - 19/2/1
K - 197
ERA - 3.37
K/BB - 2.94
K/9 - 7.71

Verlander: