Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

The Samoan stuff were the best parts for me. Didn't expect to like it. It just felt like odd placement because the movie was too long and should've ended after the Moscow stuff

The Samoan stuff were the best parts for me. Didn't expect to like it. It just felt like odd placement because the movie was too long and should've ended after the Moscow stuff

I totally agree that it was cool but it was awkward decision to introduce a bunch of new characters and an entire subplot in the third act of a movie that was already too long.

I thought the movie was over after the Moscow seen as well. Usually, action movies like this use the rule of three (three action scenes, each of which is bigger than the last) and Moscow was the third action scene. I was really surprised when they said they were going to Samoa. I was like "dang this movies already over 90 minutes how much else can there be?":lol:

The Samoa part was cool but it reeks of The Rock's intervention. I'm sure that the editors wanted to cut it down but the Rock was like "nah keep every moment of that in" :lol:

Feel like the good part about FF series was that it kinda got what it was and what it wasn’t..

But seeing this stuff from those involved is very concerning

If Ironman/rdj can catch the fade in civil war, these dudes shouldn’t be taking this that seriously.. I mean they all should appreciate how fragile the acting game is.. vin has what reddick other than this? I can’t even name the last movie outside of FF for the rest and not all is gold for the rock

I totally agree that it was cool but it was awkward decision to introduce a bunch of new characters and an entire subplot in the third act of a movie that was already too long.

I thought the movie was over after the Moscow seen as well. Usually, action movies like this use the rule of three (three action scenes, each of which is bigger than the last) and Moscow was the third action scene. I was really surprised when they said they were going to Samoa. I was like "dang this movies already over 90 minutes how much else can there be?":lol:

The Samoa part was cool but it reeks of The Rock's intervention. I'm sure that the editors wanted to cut it down but the Rock was like "nah keep every moment of that in" :lol:
I feel like he did it in another film too

vin has what reddick other than this?

giphy.gif

The difference is that these big muscle action guys feel like they have a brand and reputation to protect.

To get them where thou?

I mean I get the rock cause at least his crap movies were selling, I don’t think that tower movie did well thou and ballers has fallen off.. but stathom only movie I remember outside of FF was that shark movie.. and I know vin had a reddick and XXX remakes but no clue how those did

And Michelle Rodriguez in that boat too, no clue what she has done since FF movies.. someone could tell me avatar and I’d have to at least think about it before assuming she has had to do something else

Last edited:
I think he actually shoehorned in the haka in the last FF. Rock might be a movie star but he shouldn't have big creative decisions like that unless he's producing or something, it's not like he has a list of great movies.

Feel like the good part about FF series was that it kinda got what it was and what it wasn’t..

But seeing this stuff from those involved is very concerning

If Ironman/rdj can catch the fade in civil war, these dudes shouldn’t be taking this that seriously.. I mean they all should appreciate how fragile the acting game is.. vin has what reddick other than this? I can’t even name the last movie outside of FF for the rest and not all is gold for the rock

The difference is that these big muscle action guys feel like they have a brand and reputation to protect.

Plus, Marvel stories are already written for the most part, so they can't just go and change it because of an actors ego/image.

It's crazy that Marvel Pays Vin Diesel so much money to literally say one line of dialogue. When they first cast him I thought it was a joke. I guess they just want the star power, or else why not just get a regular voice actor for a fraction of the cost?
I'd have to re-watch the last couple of movies again but I don't remember him ever mentioning family issues.
In Fast five, all he does is wear baby tees and beat people up and then in Fast 7 we learned that he has a daughter and he talks to her for a little bit but they never mentioned him being Samoan or anything about his family.

Tyrese and Michelle should be quiet and enjoy the ride while it lasts. The Rock will be around well after Fast and the Furious and Tyrese is a lame for even saying anything. Just sounds bitter and angry for no reason. Dude is smelling his own farts trying to get these instagram likes.

Will be interesting to know if Hobbs, Shaw and their respective families are going to appear in F9. :nerd::nerd::nerd:

rocky wont, he confirmed it while promoting this film iirc

everyone else might or at least a possibility

tr1ll tr1ll I most definitely know Tyrese is capable of poppin off with nonsense, that "how you gonna act like that" was a double entendre haha.

I need this franchise to go next level ridiculous and resurrect Han's character or squeeze in some narrative that he survived on some Michelle Rodriguez type shenanigans. Han was the man in Tokyo Drift and his character arc was bound for something more amazing after the end scene of him heading to somewhere amazing with Gal Gadot, straight advancing the culture with that.

Sooo many people involved who should be happy and milk it for what it’s worth

Yet these dudes trying get some bass in their voice like expanding the roster doesn’t help them

Reactions: Ube
tyrese is just uber sensitive, he was crying about not being part of the last transformers film too when the old team with duhamel came back

dude was whining even though i think he couldnt do it because of scheduling conflict

I get vin feeling himself AND then coming back down to earth after some of these flops that I’ve seen commercials for but have never seen on cable anywhere..

And wan..

That’s it

tr1ll tr1ll I most definitely know Tyrese is capable of poppin off with nonsense, that "how you gonna act like that" was a double entendre haha.

I need this franchise to go next level ridiculous and resurrect Han's character or squeeze in some narrative that he survived on some Michelle Rodriguez type shenanigans. Han was the man in Tokyo Drift and his character arc was bound for something more amazing after the end scene of him heading to somewhere amazing with Gal Gadot, straight advancing the culture with that.

FWIW, Han Seoul-oh one of the few F&F cats that was actually shown to have expert driving skill initially. Tej originally a 'mechanic' that doesn't get his hands dirty and now a 'hacker'. Ramsey a 'hacker' that can't drive.

Was Han buried in the US or Japan? Did they ever bury Giselle? :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Back
Top Bottom