Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

What numbers do you guys think this movie would of done if Paul never passed?
I think similar numbers. The fans would've gone to see it regardless. I think action films like this benefit more from foreign countries because they just go for the special effects and don't think too much into the story line and what's realistic. Paul wasn't that big of a star to the average person. From what I read online on social media, a lot of people can't seem to see why there's so much sympathy for a mediocre actor. Of course, these are mostly folks older than the age bracket the Fast movies are intended for.

After the 5th installment, the series is more or less on auto control. They have to try hard to goof it up, a la Rocky 5.

This is a team of special ops millionaires, what the hell streets are they going back to?
On the corner of We Hungry Cuz Blvd and Ejecto Seato Ave.

Deckard running up on them out of nowhere every 20 minutes was :lol

Enjoyed the movie altogether.
I was dying when he drove the 'rati to come spy on the team at the cemetery. Dude couldn't used a quieter car like a hybrid or electric? :lol A fixed up Tesla would've been :hat

Watched it again for the 2nd time with the fam... Man it was a lot sadder this time. The feels were in full effect. 
frown.gif

My list goes 5,1,2,3,7,4,6 (can't remember 4 and I fell asleep on 6)

I know you have to let some things go when watching movies like this, but 7 was too over the top.

I hope they just reboot the franchise. Brian and Dom's sons making their own "family."

The Rock's daughter becoming like her father.

But seriously, I'd like to see some type of documentary about this entire franchise.

5 or 10 years later.

Cp1708 for me, 1 was the classic, I would rather re watch that one than any of the others. 2 was ok, but I loved the feel of it, reminded me of badboys 2. 3 was also ok, but I enjoyed it. 6 I fell asleep on and 7 was too much, just too many outlandish occurrences and cheese lines.

I'll be honest.. I'm catching up on this thread since I've been away on work all week.. but I don't even enjoy talking about these movies right now.

I'm just legitimately bummed about Paul.. still. It's not making me cry in the supermarket or anything, but all of it just feels off and bittersweet. I'm glad we got to see these movies and they've had as much fun making them as we did watching them... and that a dumb franchise about street racing ended up meaning a lot more to a lot of people.. so that's the silver lining.

Vin singing See You Again during the MTV Movie Awards. :smokin

5 was the best cause it put the team together.
6 did have the best bad guy though.
2 was the funniest.
3 had the best cars and racing (IMO, have a thing for imports)

Last edited:
I'll be honest.. I'm catching up on this thread since I've been away on work all week.. but I don't even enjoy talking about these movies right now.

I'm just legitimately bummed about Paul.. still. It's not making me cry in the supermarket or anything, but all of it just feels off and bittersweet. I'm glad we got to see these movies and they've had as much fun making them as we did watching them... and that a dumb franchise about street racing ended up meaning a lot more to a lot of people.. so that's the silver lining.

I pretty much feel exactly like you do, I feel like the movies are somewhat empty to me right now and See You Again is played non stop now

definitely good at getting into character haha

These have been unrealistc since the first movie. The directors in the BTS of 6 said they been wanting to go bigger and crazier each time 

If they stopped at 5 it wouldve been best. It was good and not so unrealistic as 6 & 7.

On top of Dom doing his Jim Edmonds impression and catching Letty like he was stealing a homerun, the 100mile airplane runway, flying thru buildings, and catching ahold of a car spoiler before runner off a bus on a cliff. 6/7 was doing the most.

Each movie had their gimme a break moments. But the last two they just didnt give any dambs about reality.

driving a safe thru the streets of brazil and switching it in a garbage truck is realistic? :lol I agree tho should have ended it at 5. I was watching 6 earlier today and god gina carano's acting was horrible.

its possible to move a safe with a car, and transport yes. In that manner, not so much haha. But lemme raise you. Its impossible to hook a bag of granades to a helicopter. Doms Challenger moving like early 2000sTony Hawk. :lol

Back
Top Bottom