Fast-Food Workers Strike As Their Productivity Falls

They probably know they aren't getting $15/hr but u shoot high u can probably get the wage u wanted anyway, makes your "opponent" feel like they've won.

But nothing good will come from this. The same with increasing federal minimum wage. U increase that, companies will just cut full-time and hire part-time as to avoid paying for benefits which is what most already do.

Even I said $15 was ridiculous, but that was partly for other reasons.

But keep in mind, if minimum wage kept up productivity and inflation, it would be just over $18.

These people deserve more/better. Telling "just do better" is cruel

A lot of people who worked these jobs are people who the system has failed over and over and over.

Last edited:
as many have already stated, 15 bucks an hour is laughable.

There's people with associates and technical degrees, certifications and even bachelors degrees that are being paid less. No way in HELL could we justify a $15 an hour for these fast-food workers. An incremental increase in pay would be justifiable, but anything more than a $1 raise in pay should be met with

:rofl:

as many have already stated, 15 bucks an hour is laughable.

There's people with associates and technical degrees, certifications and even bachelors degrees that are being paid less. No way in HELL could we justify a $15 an hour for these fast-food workers. An incremental increase in pay would be justifiable, but anything more than a $1 raise in pay should be met with

:rofl:

Amen.

:lol: some people in real kitchens aren't making 15. Get out of here who works there after high school who isn't a manager or has another job?

And that's when the illegal immigrants will come do it for $6.75 an hour

there you have it....i kid you not, i remember during that big storm we had in ny 2 winters ago, i remember i couldnt make it into work and i work in a damb hospital, come to find out, the McDonalds behind my house was open and serving breakfast, all the employees were mexican...i was mindblown that they found a way to get to work...

They'll never get $15 simply for the fact that a high schooler will take the job and have no problem with the hourly rate because it'll put weekend money in their pocket.
i think $10/hr is a fair amount for fast food workers

yea im gonna cosign this. $15 is something they can def afford to pay workers, but there will always be people who'll do it for less. imo, you shouldn't looking to make a career working in a McDs. those jobs should be something you do for a bit and make better moves down the road. i understand some may have little options so this job is lifeline, so a pay increase is a good idea. but at the same time im the type of guy who :x :smh: >: when i hear bus drivers or random *** transit workers (not engineers) are stacking 80/100k. FOH.

on the other hand, the minimum wage in this country is tragically too low. i mean there is making enough to get by, and then there is minimum wage. if cost of living is on the rise, the income must increase to meet that demand. this goes for people who have careers as well, the gap between costs and income is growing. and it shouldn't.

You shouldn't be mad at the transit workers. It is the engineers that are underpaid. Everybody wants to point to the other guy and say "he makes too much" instead of demanding more pay for themselves. Crabs in a barrel mentality across our nation.

touche.

Society would collapse? :lol: That's BS.

And the average age of fast food employees is 28, so get it out of your head that high schoolers can fill out every position at fast food joints. And no, they are not all crack heads.
The reason the average age is 28 is because of the vast number of immigrants working at these establishments replacing teenagers.

Back
Top Bottom