FAT JOE SELLS 8,000 COPIES IN 3RD WEEK (WOWWW)

Fat joe is a legend for the simple fact he been relevant for 15 years...
People need to stop basing their argument on this...
smh.gif

Time does not = Legend status a.k.a. a Legacy.

Kevin Willis is not a legend.

Robert Horry... not a legend

Rony Seikaly... not a legend

Kurt Rambis... NOT A LEGEND.

and the sad part for all the Fat Joanna fans...

That's who he'd be in the NBA...one of those guys.

Dudes an average rapper IMO. Back in the days he was dope though.

I agree with some of you that are saying he D rides whatevers hot. But who doesn't? He still be making hits.

And how are you guys going to compare 50 and fat joe? 50 only had one real good cd. GRODT. Massacre was good also. Curtis was straight garbage. The only goodsongs on the cd were the ones he made singles out of.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I agree with some of you that are saying he D rides whatevers hot. But who doesn't?
turn off your radio, they are scarce but original mcs are still alive (mainly overseas). and hes worse than average.
And how are you guys going to compare 50 and fat joe? 50 only had one real good cd. GRODT. Massacre was good also.

50/g-units first 5 mixtapes trumps fat joes career.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

I agree with some of you that are saying he D rides whatevers hot. But who doesn't? He still be making hits.

And how are you guys going to compare 50 and fat joe? 50 only had one real good cd. GRODT. Massacre was good also. Curtis was straight garbage. The only good songs on the cd were the ones he made singles out of.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

Fat joe is a legend for the simple fact he been relevant for 15 years...
People need to stop basing their argument on this...
smh.gif

Time does not = Legend status a.k.a. a Legacy.

Kevin Willis is not a legend.

Robert Horry... not a legend

Rony Seikaly... not a legend

Kurt Rambis... NOT A LEGEND.

and the sad part for all the Fat Joanna fans...

That's who he'd be in the NBA...one of those guys.

um quit actin all cocky n !##+ my dude...ur a lame..i wouldnt even call myself a fat joe fan.hes cool in my book though

none of those guys that u even listed in the nba are even sorta relevant....die

so i guess ur papoose fan?
laugh.gif
moose lookin %#@ dude doesnt even rap on beat..its like he spits allhis stuff acapella and then has his "engineer" throw a random instrumental on it through cool edit pro 0.4

Good day

-God

Fat Joe is more comparable to Dikembe/John Salley than Tree Rollins/Kevin Willis. Joe has been marginally influential in the game but instead of being a trendstarter, he was more of a "riding the wave" type of dude, but he definitely was successful doing it.

He definitely has more talent than some other cats with hits (Soulja Boy etc) but wasn't nearly as talented of an ARTIST (pure skill) as anyone consideredgreat (Jay etc).

Joe definitely has a keen eye for industry trends and knows how to write hit records. So couple those "business" smarts with just O.K. rappingskills and the Pun association and he turned it into a pretty successful 15 year rap career. Can't be mad at that.

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

Joe definitely has a keen eye for industry trends and knows how to write hit records.

..... he doesn't write records....

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

Dudes comparinf basketabll players to rappers , that`s lame .

i know right....can't find ACTUAL rappers with long enuff careers to base a argument against.....
laugh.gif
smh.gif

face it, fat joe has enuff catalog content and industry know how from being a 15 career rapper to ever go away, da fact that ya trying to"go hard" at fat joe is sad, cuz when u filter out da hate in this thread, NONE of ya have a actual arguement against fat joe...discreditin his goodalbums to "ghostwriters".....i got all da fat joe albums, i can post liner notes...someone pull up a ghost writer's name that has done fatjoe's work...
eyes.gif

like i said, fat joe isn't top 5 dead or alive by any means...but he's in a VERY small class of rappers with longevity...and in MUSIC (not da NBA, uget garanteed contracts) that accounts for alot.

I just heard "no mercy no fear" pt 2.

there are some TS classics I love, but I can't name 1 Fat Joe album with the replay album of thatmixtape.

If it wasn't for Pun, I think I can easily do without Fat Joes career as a whole.

I am not a Fat Joe fan, or anything close to it, but everytime he drops an album there is ALWAYS one super hot track on it. Regardless of whether or not therest of the album is trash (chances are it is), there is always a major banger on it.

Damn, dudes went in for this thread. Postin' up discographies and pie charts.

Bottom line is this: Fat Joe makes horrible music now. He has made some good stuff in the past(and by past I mean the 90's), but he sucks now. End ofstory. He may be a legend in terms of helping bring Latinos to the forefront of rap music. But musically, he is not a legend. Maybe he's a personal legendfor some folks, but I think we can say that overall, most hip-hop heads wouldn't label him that.

All the above applies to 50, too. So arguing between Fat Joe and 50 is useless, IMO. They're the same dude when it comes to music--they both started off onthe right track, but somehow got off on some stupid, pop music type steez. And for that, both of them get no love from me.

Damn, dudes went in for this thread. Postin' up discographies and pie charts.

Bottom line is this: Fat Joe makes horrible music now. He has made some good stuff in the past(and by past I mean the 90's), but he sucks now. End of story. He may be a legend in terms of helping bring Latinos to the forefront of rap music. But musically, he is not a legend. Maybe he's a personal legend for some folks, but I think we can say that overall, most hip-hop heads wouldn't label him that.

Basically

some interesting trivia via da june 2008 XXL w/ game-ice cube double cover:

fat joe was signed to his first deal by chris lighty to relevativty records in 1993....chris lighty is da founder of violator records, which currently manages50 cent.

fat joe actually beat da ambulance to da crime scene and saw big L dead on da floor....
frown.gif
they had just recently recorded "da enemy" for da debut D.I.T.Calbum.

Lean back, Fat joe's biggest hit of his career was his first beat by scott storch..he claims "da beat was so hot i was scared to rap on it for a fewmonths".

I can't take it easy on fat joe just like I can't take it easy on camron. D.I.T.C. & C.O.C. were two of the illest groups of all time, and to seehow far they've fallen from those days is damn near disgusting. As for the 50 cent argument, he had Power of the Dollar, GRODT Beg for Mercy & hisearly mixtapes as far I'm concerned. Fat Joe's D.I.T.C. membership trumps alot of 50's material, not to mention the Terror era when pun was alive.Don & J.O.S.E. are official too so its not like he never had stripes. 50 still has a few years left in him, but fat joe has had a full career and shouldnow take a seat.

im sayin though....who are we to tell a man when he can't collect guap? i wish soulja boy jumped off a cliff without a parachute but i can't deny homieis cakin like its birthday..its profitable to still be in music for him.

but because da music forum don't like joey, he should just walk away from da millions he's making....riiiiight.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

im sayin though....who are we to tell a man when he can't collect guap? i wish soulja boy jumped off a cliff without a parachute but i can't deny homie is cakin like its birthday..its profitable to still be in music for him.

but because da music forum don't like joey, he should just walk away from da millions he's making....riiiiight.

Okay lets just agree with your opinion saying HE IS A LEGEND.Legends Die just like the rest of them in history, justlike Fat Joe's Career did and is doing...there is nothing else to it
Its a wrap for this back and forth...that dude Nay killed it

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

Fat Joe is more comparable to Dikembe/John Salley than Tree Rollins/Kevin Willis. Joe has been marginally influential in the game but instead of being a trend starter, he was more of a "riding the wave" type of dude, but he definitely was successful doing it.

He definitely has more talent than some other cats with hits (Soulja Boy etc) but wasn't nearly as talented of an ARTIST (pure skill) as anyone considered great (Jay etc).

Joe definitely has a keen eye for industry trends and knows how to write hit records. So couple those "business" smarts with just O.K. rapping skills and the Pun association and he turned it into a pretty successful 15 year rap career. Can't be mad at that.

Best statement I've seen in this thread without a biased opinion.
im sayin though....who are we to tell a man when he can't collect guap? i wish soulja boy jumped off a cliff without a parachute but i can't deny homie is cakin like its birthday..its profitable to still be in music for him.

Hmmmm... everybody is in the industry to make money, even though that might not be their primary concern. Still doesn't take away from thefact that a so called legend only sold 8000 copies in the third week of his latest album. He can't be caking too much (in terms of rappers) off of lessthan 100000 copies sold off his album.

he should just walk away from da millions he's making....riiiiight.
how is FAT JOE making millions when he is pushing 8,000 in three weeks. 5,000 of those copies he bought himself.
laugh.gif
You honestly think he didnt drop major loot on in house producers like TheRunners or Scott Storch, DJ Premier, Guest Appreances, c'mon b. There is no way F.J. made any profit off this album. Making millions....riiiiight

Lets end this thread by all agreeing to the fact that:
1. Joe is NOT a Legend.
2. His last couple of albums have been HOT TRASH. Yaddamean
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

I'm still picturing Fat Joke getting out his car and it speeding off
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"Ghostride the whip like I'm from Oakland yall"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sick.gif

Then he had the nerve to buy a Ferrari as if he can fit in there without puttin baby oil all over himself
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NinjaHood Fat Joke is finished . . . Just let his career die already, you gave it all you had, but even you buying all those copies didn't get him over the hump . . . Someone find that video with 50 crying over Fat Jokes career being over

His float at the PR parade is always goin the slowest . . .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
got the nerve to move to Miami, you know hot it is there, and how fat people sweat 200% more then healthy people . . .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I can picture his wife ringing out the sweat from his white tees
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif