Father was told his son was found alive, his reaction..yeah lmao

its really happened, doe...

makes no sense, in the basement?

Authorities say a 12-year-old Detroit boy who went missing for 12 days before turning up in his own basement is out of the hospital but isn't being allowed to speak to his father and stepmother.

Police Sgt. Mike Woody said Thursday that Charlie Bothuell V has been medically cleared and is "doing fine."

Woody would not say who's taking care of the boy.

Woody says police are now focusing on the circumstances surrounding the boy's disappearance and his surprising recovery Wednesday afternoon. Officers found him hiding behind boxes and a large plastic drum in his basement, with bedding nearby.

His father, who made tearful television pleas for help, says he had no idea his son was in the basement. Police don't believe he was there the whole time.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/missing-detroit-boy-found-alive-basement-24308135

Last edited:
I saw this video this morning. Still can't even attempt to make sense of the whole scenario....

I'll wait on a conclusion.

I do have a feeling somebody going to Jail. The father seemed like a good actor.....

I'm just bsn his acting was terrible.

Last edited:
Knowing the Detroit police, that kid could have been in the living room and they wouldn't have found him.

That said, of course dude was defensive. Look at and listen to how Nancy Grace broke the news to him. It was as if she was accusing him. I really doubt that this man had anything to do with the disappearance. However...

The boy's stepmother refused to take a polygraph.

Welp. This wouldn't be the first time a crazy step mother tried something with a child that came from another relationship.

DETROIT -A missing 12-year-old Detroit boy was found alive and well in his father's basement Wednesday afternoon, said Detroit Police Chief James Craig.

Charlie Bothuell had been missing since June 14. His father, Charlie Bothuell IV, said he last saw him at his home in the 1300 block of Nicolet Place. He said his son was working out, stopped to go to the bathroom and never came back.

Craig said the 12-year-old was found by investigators barricaded behind boxes. Craig added that, in his opinion, it would have been unlikely for Charlie to have built the barricade with a five-gallon drum himself

"He indicated he was hungry ... I saw evidence that there was food around where he was," said Craig.

The chief said the boy was excited to see police. He said he would not rule out the possibility that his parents knew Bothuell was hidden in the basement.

Craig also said the townhouse was searched multiple times with a cadaver dog without finding evidence the boy was hiding. He also said investigators are not certain Botheull was in the basement the entire time he was missing.

"I didn't know," Botheull's father, Charles Botheull IV, said about his son's location after he was found Wednesday afternoon.

He called assertions that his wife, the boy's stepmother, hid the child in the basement "absurd."

"My wife wouldn't do that," he said.

Police removed Charlie Botheull from the house and he hasn't yet had contact with his parents. He will stay with police overnight and undergo a medical evaluation. He won't see his parents until the morning, at least.

"He needs a whole lot of help at this point," said the elder Botheull about his son's future.

On Tuesday, more than a week after his son first was reported missing, Charlie's father appeared on "Nancy Grace" begging for help to find him.

He told a different story about the last day he saw Charlie. The dad admitted that Charlie ran away from home two years ago, but police found him after three hours.

During a news conference earlier on Wednesday afternoon, Craig said Charlie's close family members were being questioned, but no one was considered a person of interest.

"As in any missing investigation, we certainly look at close family members," said Craig, who called it a "normal investigation."

Craig said the father underwent a polygraph test administered by the FBI, which was inconclusive.

Police launched a new search for the missing boy Tuesday night. Several K-9s sniffed around the Martin Luther King apartments on Lafayette searching for the 12-year-old.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...huell-has-been-missing-since-june-16/26657470

dude reaction look so dam fake and acted looks like a horrible movie :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
reminds me of this :rofl:

Last edited:
Saw this last night, because my girl watches Nancy Grace :smh: and I thought this was staged really.

Well if FBI and cops and even dogs searched the place up and down I doubt the father had anything to do with it.

Stepmom should be in question doe..but at 12 he should be able to tell police exactly what happened.

Back
Top Bottom