Favourite **Quotes** thread...

Most of my very favourites, all by Groucho Marx

*Blood's not thicker than money.
pimp.gif

*Marriage is a wonderful institution ... but who wants to live in an institution?

*I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are.

*I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.

*I drink to make other people interesting.

*Do you suppose I could buy back my introduction to you?

*I've worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
pimp.gif

*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

*Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
laugh.gif

Whats yours?

"If I told you I was good, you would think I was boasting. If I told you I wasn't good, you'd know I was lying."-Bruce Lee

I've been using that quote kinda frequently lately.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ^&*... and I'm all out of bubblegum. "

-Roddy Piper, "They Live"

"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over"- Frank Zappa
"The only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate they own"-Frank Zappa
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment"- Frank Zappa
"May your $@** come to life and kiss you on the face" Frank Zappa to Mrs. Gore about parental advisory labels on album covers.
"When god created the republican, he gave up on everything else" Frank Zappa

"Somehow I can't believe that there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secrets of making dreams come true. This specialsecret - curiosity, confidence, courage, and constancy, and the greatest of all is confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way,implicitly and unquestionable." - Walt Disney

and i almost forgot-

Originally Posted by White23Chocolate

"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over"- Frank Zappa
"The only difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate they own"-Frank Zappa
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment"- Frank Zappa
"May your $@** come to life and kiss you on the face" Frank Zappa to Mrs. Gore about parental advisory labels on album covers.
"When god created the republican, he gave up on everything else" Frank Zappa

pimp.gif

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think

"They spell it Vinci and pronounce it Vinchy; foreigners always spell better than they pronounce."-Mark Twain

"What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce."-Mark Twain

i like this 1
"Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times."-Mark Twain

TO THE OP

I think your sn should be one of your favorite quotes. It can be applied in so many different situations.

"To be the man you got to be the man" - Ric Flair
"Work like a slave eat like a king" - Papoose
"Trap or Die" - Young Jeezy
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" - MJ
Money is not only the answer, but it makes a difference" - Barack Obama

Happiness is the moral of man. - The measure of the moral worth of a man is his happiness. The better the man, the more happiness. Happiness is the synonym ofwell-being.

You are judged by you acts. - If you make an ++% out of yourself, there'll always be someone ready to ride you. Showing off is the fool's idea ofglory.

Real living. - Real living is living for others.

Knowledge vs. character. - Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.

The lesson of the ego. - The point to be made about ego is that man should use his ego and not be used by ego or blinded by it.

True fiends are rare. - True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like autumn leaves, found everywhere.

Kindness and remembrace. - A person cannot forget someone who is good to them.

The way of death. - Through the ages, the end for heroes is the same as for ordinary men. They all died and gradually faded away in the memory of man.

On the need to remember.- Remembrance is the only paradise out of which we cannont be driven away. Pleasure is the flower that fades, remembrance is thelasting perfume. Remembraces last longer that present realities; I have preserved blossoms for many years, but never fruits.

Do not start from a conclusion. - To understand, surely, there must be a state of choiceless awareness in which there is no sense of comparison orcondemnation, no waiting for a further development of the thing we are talking about in order to agree or disagree-don't start from a conclusion above all.

On the divisiveness of organized religion. - Religions divide people, just as styles [in martial art] divide people. If all the religions of the world wereone, the world would be united in brotherhood. Some people fight with others because they believe in different religions. If, however, they only gave thematter a bit of thought, they would never fight for such a foolish cause.

-Bruce Lee

"you can have the piss in the hallway ill take the picasso"
"In life it not always about what you know but who you know"

Straight off of Facebook

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

---------------------------------------------------

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." - Berthold Auerbach

----------------------------------------------------

"The most gangsta thing you can do... is be yourself" - Lupe Fiasco

------------------------------------------------------
"If you don't like a good blueberry muffin you don't like rainbows, sunshine, smiling babies.... you don't like anything." - Rod Benson

"Wow, just as I always pictured it......atomized air-fuel mixture, flame propogation, combustion swirl.....sweet." - Mike Muehmel (My dad talking about a video taken inside of a cylinder)

----------------------------------------------------------

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who no longer pauses to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." -Einstein

-----------------------------------------------------

"Not all who wander are lost." -JRR Tolkein

I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...- Lester Burnham

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"That's marvelous." - Brandt

"Life does not stop and start at your convenience, you miserable piece of !@*%."

"I told that Kraut a %+%@$#' thousand times, I don't roll on shabbos!" - Walter Sobchak

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!" - Colonel Sanders

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin to Pooh

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]About Me:[/td] [td]
++Addicted to the game like Jordan and Payton++
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom