Fear of learning to dance in public...

My friend dances where ever we chill, its kinda mad OD. Whenever there's a live band playing or even a little performance, he will bust a move.
smh.gif

I love to dance. I wish I took it more serious when I was in high school and took professional dance classes or something to keep up with it. I just used tolearn dance choreography from music videos and teach them at school for performances. That is when my body was in its best shape. Now, I am so rusty. I amprobably too old now for dance classes.

As some are saying here, yes, you can learn to dance, but some people just do not have it in them to dance. It is kind of a "natural" talent you haveto have. I am not saying this is in all cases. But, I have seen some people take lessons,and they just still look awkward doing the dance moves. But, if youcannot dance, who cares. Just dance away and have fun.

you probably dont have natural rhythm, that doesnt mean you cant learn to dance with the music tho

just play music real loud at home and dance in front of the mirror, eventually youll learn how to rock wit tha beat

then when u go in public, just dance how you do in front of the mirror, just have fun n pretend no ones there

im not chris brown or anything, but i have a nice arsenal of basic moves that i can bust out. thats all you need, once girls see that u know how to dancethey'll start grinding on you

oh and learn some cool dance move like pop-locking/tutting/krumping etc so if u ever get called on in the circle u can style on em
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I am probably too old now for dance classes.

..what? lol aren't you 20 something?

I am 25.
ohwell.gif

Most people who take hip hop/urban dance classes tend to be in their late teens to early 20s. My @%! probably cannot even keep up with dance steps since I amso out of shape these days. But, I'd LOVE to get back into it if I can.

this is one reason why i dont club too much

i have females grabbing me to the dance floor and im like
embarassed.gif
..i'll pass

they look at me crazy but aint trying to look like a fool

i rather produce the music then dance to it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

this is one reason why i dont club too much

i have females grabbing me to the dance floor and im like
embarassed.gif
..i'll pass

they look at me crazy but aint trying to look like a fool

i rather produce the music then dance to it
laugh.gif

SMH

yea same...dancing just wasn't built in. gotta take a class or something. not just talking about dancing in a club either, but real dancing too. glad toknow someone shares my problem too.

Well I'm definitely into dancing, and ill say it all comes from just practicing (everyone starts somewhere) even with people watching.

Then it's just listening to the music (being able to hold a steady four count)

House, Breaking, Salsa, Waltz, and etc. All that stuff can be acquired with a bit of determination and refinement on top of the practice.

Back
Top Bottom