Fellas: Helping Females With Their Bills

You crashing at a female's spot more days out the week than not, you should be contributing something otherwise you're just a freeloader.

You crashing at a female's spot more days out the week than not, you should be contributing something otherwise you're just a freeloader.
Am I still a freeloader if she is getting things from me as well? A freeloaders takes and NEVER gives.

As I mentioned before, why is there an assumption that every, "Dude spends the night a couple of days in the week" situation is a "broke dude with no job eating all of the kids cheetohs" type of situation?

There are GOOD dudes that spend the night with his girl a couple of times per week that also provide her with other, non-monetary, things. So stop with the freeload talk.

@SoleWoman , would you ASK a dude to chip in? If so, be prepared for things to potentially go south after that. But I am sure you will respond with, "If he gets offended he wasn't in God's plan for me anyway." :nerd:

Guarantee you if the chicks were laid up at dude's house, they'd be offended if you asked them to kick in...

This. I don't know about y'all, but its not my MO to be laid up anywhere for an extended period of time, so I'm on the outside looking in.

If its my girl or we have something going on worth mentioning, I might throw some cash the next time she goes grocery shopping just cause I believe no adult should sit at the table if they bring nothing to it, but I'm not buying some girls entire grocery list because I smash a couple times in any given week and eat leftovers on occasion. And I'm definitely not giving her cash.

What if you (the dude) cooks whenever you go over her house? She doesn't. Do you still contribute the groceries? Or is that considered freeloading too? LOL

Am I still a freeloader if she is getting things from me as well? A freeloaders takes and NEVER gives.

As I mentioned before, why is there an assumption that every, "Dude spends the night a couple of days in the week" situation is a "broke dude with no job eating all of the kids cheetohs" type of situation?

There are GOOD dudes that spend the night with his girl a couple of times per week that also provide her with other, non-monetary, things. So stop with the freeload talk.

And you're bringing up scenarios that don't match my statement for what reason? If it doesn't apply to you, let it go.

If you spend 20 days out the month at a girl's house and don't contribute anything because it cost gas to get to her crib and you make the bed when you leave, you're a loser.

na if i did then i can't consider that my homeboy

if he is down on his luck and you offer help ok then sure. but if dude is just crashing for no reason? nah. freeloader

No girl I would ever associate my self with would need help with her bills. Only time im paying bills is if its OUR bills.

the way DC asked didnt make it seem as if she NEEDED help. its more the principal of it. i personally could never stay at someones house for an extended amount of time and not chip in.

laugh.gif

the way DC asked didnt make it seem as if she NEEDED help. its more the principal of it. i personally could never stay at someones house for an extended amount of time and not chip in.

Nah they steamed your veggies and boil the water for your rice, that's how they "chip in"

Last edited:
@SoleWoman , would you ASK a dude to chip in? If so, be prepared for things to potentially go south after that. But I am sure you will respond with, "If he gets offended he wasn't in God's plan for me anyway." :nerd:

haha arent you funny. i never had the problem. i wouldnt ask him flatout but moreso ask where is this going? is he planning to move in and help out? are we going to get a place together? get married? what are we doing here really?

if im going over his house just as much then obviously its a non-issue.

haha arent you funny. i never had the problem. i wouldnt ask him flatout but moreso ask where is this going? is he planning to move in and help out? are we going to get a place together? get married? what are we doing here really?

if im going over his house just as much then obviously its a non-issue.
And he says, "I haven't been thinking about it. I am fine with what we have right now."

You say............

Last edited:

Is it reciprocal, is she crashing at your place?

Unless this couple formally lives together, bills shouldn't be a discussion. There should be some type of unspoken contribution.

Common courtesy.

I've never crashed at a girls place, *shrugs*. I've always hosted, always felt more comfortable that way.

Is it reciprocal, is she crashing at your place?

Unless this couple formally lives together, bills shouldn't be a discussion. There should be some type of unspoken contribution.

Common courtesy.

I've never crashed at a girls place, *shrugs*. I've always hosted, always felt more comfortable that way.

exactly!

dont be ridiculous. he should be contributing in some way shape or form. whether its groceries, a bill something. if this was your homeboy who came over and crashed as much, you would expect something from him.
When you crashin at your girls crib for a few days, she should already have your fav snacks/drinks already on deck.   And vice versa.

If i was at her crib for a few days, yeah, I'd buy some ****.

I like almond milk, she may like cows milk.

I like applejacks, she may not.

Back
Top Bottom