Fewest Murders on Record...Ever vol. NYC is the GOAT or Cali heads suck it

[h2]Fewer People Were Murdered in New York This Year Than Any Year on Record[/h2]
  • 12/28/09 at 1:20 PM

20090113_brooklyn_560x375.jpg

Photo: Getty Images

Fewer people were murdered in the city this year than any year since 1962, the first time the statistic was recorded, reports the Times. Thenumbers have been roughly declining since a record high of 2,245 in 1990. So far this year, there have only been 461. It's great news, and the NYPDdeserves kudos for it, but only in New York could this lede from a newspaper story seem remarkably good:
There were days upon days in New York City when not a single person was murdered in 2009. Two such stretches, in February and March, lasted nearly a week each.

Did you hear that? Some days in New York this year, nobody got killed at all. Greatest city in the world, people ...

New York on Track for Fewest Murders on Record [NYT]

What the heck do Cali heads have anything to do with the report. It doesnt compare Cali to Ny, just talks about NY having a lower than usual murder rate.

pimp.gif

NY>>>>>>>>>>CALI

You Cali dudes have fun with your iphones while people die everyday.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

What the heck do Cali heads have anything to do with the report. It doesnt compare Cali to Ny, just talks about NY having a lower than usual murder rate.
Hi, welcome to NT. You must be new to the board.

Did you not hear me? I said:
xpac3.jpg

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

xpac3.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Harlem Shake>>>>>Jerkin

Originally Posted by Nawth21

We're at an all time low too since the 40s when it comes to homicide. But having days go by with no one being murdered isn't something to be proud of - it SHOULD be that way and in many other parts of the world it is that way even in cities of comparable sizes.

Reported.

We're at an all time low too since the 40s when it comes to homicide. But having days go by with no one being murdered isn't something to be proud of -it SHOULD be that way and in many other parts of the world it is that way even in cities of comparable sizes.

Isnt this just saying the lowest for NY. Its still probably higher then alot of other places
laugh.gif

In all seriosness though, fewer than 500 murders in a city of over 8 million is pretty safe. I know murders aren't supposed to happen, but still.Not bad. I feel like some thanks should go out to all those NTers from NY that had that feeling of offing somebody over a girl, or over cutting you off intraffic or whatever. I feel like I did my part in not adding to this number.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Nawth21

We're at an all time low too since the 40s when it comes to homicide. But having days go by with no one being murdered isn't something to be proud of - it SHOULD be that way and in many other parts of the world it is that way even in cities of comparable sizes.

Reported.

laugh.gif
mad.gif

Everyone keeps focusing on the word recorded. Homicides are actually generally over-reported to/by the UCR and other crime indices.

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

xpac3.jpg

I can't front, I lol'd.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I love these "Cali v. NY" debates
laugh.gif

Its not even a debate anymore.
Those dudes too busy thizzin and hella jerkin that they cant see the truth.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Uptown Roamer

I love these "Cali v. NY" debates
laugh.gif

Its not even a debate anymore.
Those dudes too busy thizzin and hella jerkin that they cant see the truth.

They only say hella up in Nor Cal...we don't associate with them down here.

Back
Top Bottom