Fifth-Grade Journalist Lands College Scholarship DAMON WEAVER! BEST DUDE!

The pint-sized political reporter from South Florida who has interviewed Vice President Joe Biden and Caroline Kennedy has landed a full scholarship to a Georgia University.

Little Damon Weaver from Pahokee has gained national attention for his reporting exploits and now this junior journalist is getting a free ride to Albany State University.

The school will officially present Weaver with the scholarship at a June alumni convention in Miami. The fifth-grader said he plans on accepting the school's offer.

Though he's interviewed pols like Biden and Kennedy and Hollywood elite including Samuel L. Jackson and Oprah, Weaver's dream is to interview President Barack Obama.

He even received a little help with trying to get the Obama interview from Heat star Dwyane Wade in a special message to the President.

In a press release, Weaver called the full ride a "big relief to my mother and my family."

Copyright Associated Press / NBC Miami

pimp.gif
!

And President Obama, give this young man an interview!

cool that dude has a scholarship. anyone have the vid of the little girl that interviewed Biden (or it may have been barack). She was quite impressive.

I'm failing to see why he's receiving so much attention... He's not outstanding or anything. I'm sure there are many other 5th graders whocould do better, but I digress.... Props to lil man.

Disappointing. I thought I'd see something but the fact that he's interviewing these high name people deserves props.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I'm failing to see why he's receiving so much attention... He's not outstanding or anything. I'm sure there are many other 5th graders who could do better, but I digress.... Props to lil man.

thats life for you. 95% of what you see out there, theres most likely a hidden gem going unnoticed

Not to knock him...but he wasn't doing anything your average 5th grader couldn't do...

wth...he sucks at interviewing...how you gonna let the person you're interviewing interview you? yes im mad. this is unfair for all the other people thathave to pay their way thru college.....and this little schmuck gets a full ride. BS.

unless....he's known for something else...

Fact.

HE'S OUT THERE DOOOOING IT.

Not just talking about it, being about it.

I love this little dude.

hopefully he'll take some speech and communication classes before he goes to college..kid sounds terrible
laugh.gif
im sorry! but forreal

im proud of him of as a black man, as a strong supporter of higher learning and free college FTW!...but damn i know theres more articulate 5th graders outthere

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

I'm failing to see why he's receiving so much attention... He's not outstanding or anything. I'm sure there are many other 5th graders who could do better, but I digress.... Props to lil man.

thats life for you. 95% of what you see out there, theres most likely a hidden gem going unnoticed
I can't see what he is doing that is so special. i mean he's meeting these big stars but that has nothing to do with his own talent.I'm pretty sure there is someone that can do the same or better

Mad Props to the lil rugrat, but why him?? When i was in 5th grade, i was the best speaker in my class of 30 and i didnt get no recognition..!*!@, my parentsdidnt even give a damn about how well i spoke

he interviewed the heat michael beasely, mario chalmers, and NTs very own Chris quinn.

i was on the floor when he asked quinn how did it feel to be the only white player on the squad lol

Back
Top Bottom