- Nadine Lustre (full)
- Myrtle Sarrosa (full)
- Jennelyn Mercado (full)
- Marian Rivera
- Kim Domingo (not sure)
- Sheena Halili (full)
- Cara Eriguel (full)
- Jessy Mendiola

Actually, a lot of the good looking celebrities are discovered by GMA and have great careers when they transfer to ABS-CBN
That’s because GMA is straight up basura with their production. It’s like they don’t care for proper editing, camera angles, story lines, etc.

NT filipino summit this dec?

My first time in the states, hit me up with some spots to check out.. will be staying in San diego and new york

Need to see my Lakers play that's #1 on my list..

Heading back home in june, going to Coron for a week. Any tips?

Tips? Enjoy the whole experience, man! The locals are accomodating since there have been a flux of tourists from all over the world and of course, domestically. If you speak/understand Tagalog then you're set, otherwise it'd be beneficial if you're tagging along with a someone who speaks it just to be safe and all. Hopefully there won't be any major storms that will ruin your trip since the summer months are actually where rainfalls are tough (June-August). GoPro is a must since you're under water frequently.

IMO, Palawan and Bohol have the nicest beaches. La Union, Bicol, and Baler are up there, too. Stay away from Boracay (unless you're a bachelor and don't mind polluted shores)

IMG_0071.JPG

Went to El Nido, Palawan (Duli Beach) with my girl and boooooy was it nice :pimp:

Big question. What’s with the Lakers?? Swear I’m one of the only Filipinos that don’t root for the Lakers lmao. Not saying all Filipinos are Lakers fans but about 90% are lmao. I’m only half but my whole moms side bleed purple and gold. My girl is full and her fam is the same

I thought the warriors were the Filipinos team of choice

Heard they even had a Philippines night

Big question. What’s with the Lakers?? Swear I’m one of the only Filipinos that don’t root for the Lakers lmao. Not saying all Filipinos are Lakers fans but about 90% are lmao. I’m only half but my whole moms side bleed purple and gold. My girl is full and her fam is the same

Bandwagoning........most Filipino fans that swear "they bleed purple and gold" became Lakers fans because of Kobe.

I'll be the first to admit, I rode the Lakers coat tails as well during the Shaq/Kobe era, and still rooted for them when Kobe entered his Black Mamba stage of his career.

But as you see by the username and the avatar, I was born in NY........raised and remain a Knicks fan.

Something about Kobe and the fact that CA is home to a majority of Filipinos. I grew up rooting for the Celtics since my mom worked in Boston since '89 and she sent us A LOT of Celtics gear (Starter jackets, hats, etc.)

It's a default Filipino NBA team aside from Lebby's Heat hayday, and of course, DubNation. Bunch of my bandwagon friends STAY switching teams! I bet some Pinoy Laker fans won't know players like Smush Parker and Chris Mihm :lol:

Nah.. not for me. Pops was a big Magic and Kareem fan back in the day. We fans before Kobe and Shaq era.

Band wagoners are all about Curry and the warriors now. That aint us b.

I know Filipinos used to LOVE Jordan.

I have 3 cousins named Jordan because of this

They like curry alot now. He's on alot of posters and ads over there.

I thought the warriors were the Filipinos team of choice

Heard they even had a Philippines night

It's "seasonal." Depending what team has the 'ship :lol:

The Filipino Night was AYT. Dubs trying to establish its Filipino demographic since The Bay is home to most Pinoys

I had a coworker before who rode LeBron HARD and he stays being defensive whenever we asked him about his "fandom." He kept insisting he roots for Lebby regardless of the team he's on. So imagine being a Cav -> Heat -> Cav fan :lol:

I know Filipinos used to LOVE Jordan.

I have 3 cousins named Jordan because of this

They like curry alot now. He's on alot of posters and ads over there.

IMG_0072.JPG

^ the most PINOY thing ever :lol:

I remember when he was drafted and people went nuts back home cuz we now have a "Filipino" in the NBA, and people started creating Facebook pages about him and claiming he's the Heir Apparent to Kobe LMAO!

Yeah, but now those Pinoy bandwagoners have now jumped back on Lebron's "Landwagon" since the trade that brought Clarkson to Cleveland..........if they haven't already jumped off the Lakers ship beforehand

From MJ to Kobe to Lebron and now Curry :lol:

I laughed at people who used to clown me because i root for Kobe pre #24 ... they all about Kobe now :lol:

It's "seasonal." Depending what team has the 'ship :lol:

The Filipino Night was AYT. Dubs trying to establish its Filipino demographic since The Bay is home to most Pinoys

I had a coworker before who rode LeBron HARD and he stays being defensive whenever we asked him about his "fandom." He kept insisting he roots for Lebby regardless of the team he's on. So imagine being a Cav -> Heat -> Cav fan :lol:
Every bit of this.

And if the warriors were as smart as they are given credit for they wouldn’t have to establish a Filipino fan base considering it’s the most popular sport in the Philippines meaning hoops is already in our blood.

As for me, asterisk the warriors.

Laker fan up until Shaq left (I'm a big Shaq fan) then I hated the Lakers while Kobe was there. I root for the lakers now that kobe is gone. I also got love for my boy Wade even though he's older but still one of my favorites and of course Lebron James. **** the warriors!

One of the greatest coaches of all time who is also Pinoy is Erik Spoelstra :lol:
Also I'm surprised no one said a certain Pinay movie C. Star if you know then you know :smokin

Bandwagoning........most Filipino fans that swear "they bleed purple and gold" became Lakers fans because of Kobe.

I'll be the first to admit, I rode the Lakers coat tails as well during the Shaq/Kobe era, and still rooted for them when Kobe entered his Black Mamba stage of his career.

But as you see by the username and the avatar, I was born in NY........raised and remain a Knicks fan.

I will, always and forever, ride for the Knicks. :lol:

-Drew

They like the easy going life, they know very little of the progressive east coast city life.

They see beaches and jungles
I see sky scrapers and project buildings

I'm money team, guess I got to fraud it out.

I don't know what they do for work, it's going to be very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom