Filipino Culture Thread

If you're a famous person and criticize the government, are you gonna end up missing or maybe get locked up?

Possibly.

My dad was “detained” during the Marcos dictatorship when he was studying in Baguio. It’s still murky how he escaped but he showed us old photos of him and his friends who were captured at that time. This was back in 60s-70s.

If yall have time, check out the “Kingmaker” documentary about the Marcoses (I believe it’s on Amazon). The disinformation about that god-awful family is rampant in some provinces up north. Some elementary kids are being taught that the Marcoses are “good leaders” and that martial law was the appropriate action back then to keep things orderly.

had no idea Manny unhooked his lips from Duterte's *** and called him out hard on missing COVID funds. dude really going for that top spot.

I'll miss him when he inevitably gets EJKd :smh: :frown:

Last edited:
Is it normal for older filipinos to hate muslims so much? The country is catholic and has conflicts with small, domestic muslim groups. Or maybe my scumbag dad just keeps getting more prejudice / racist as he gets older.

Is it normal for older filipinos to hate muslims so much? The country is catholic and has conflicts with small, domestic muslim groups. Or maybe my scumbag dad just keeps getting more prejudice / racist as he gets older.
Easily for both to be true. My wife’s relatives have been this way.

My dad is becoming so annoying to be around. If I ever move out of the state I doubt i’d ever talk to him again.

Unfortunately, yes to both. There’s this false sense of superiority among Filipinos, especially those practicing Catholicism, and It’s ironic how in school we’re taught (went to Catholic schools: elementary and college) to be religious and be respectful/kind to others but some Pinoys would rather avoid interactions with our Muslim bros and sisters. It’s not until I emigrated here and realized how extreme Catholicism is perceived over there. Philosophy classes in college only covered topical lessons of various studies, but then you have a dedicated course about Theology to “even” it out :lol: . I don’t remember being educated enough about the struggles of Muslims in Mindanao during the rise of MILF (IYKYK) and the MNLF. We were just constantly reminded that they’re ALL BAD PEOPLE.

And no, I don’t hate Catholics in general. I dislike the hypocrisy and the people who can’t take criticisms just because you tried to raise a point. Dem Pinoy boomers have this s***ty perception of society and it really needs to change.

My dad is a devout Catholic, and a member of a religious couples group. He’s one of the most xenophobic person I know. Dude would cuss me and my bros 24/7, even after coming home from mass :lol:

Yeah all while they always praise white people. Wouldn't be surprised if they were happy about white spanish colonization. The more I think about it, the country name philippines should be changed. No reason it should still be named after the king of our colonizers.

Excruciatingly funny and sad at the same time
143A2D92-A146-4915-BD6F-F03F2788C352.jpeg

That's odd.

But probably due to the nasty *** filipino hot dogs that's included. Idk how some of yall eat that lol.
I've eaten those hotdogs twice. Definitely bottom quality meat and the red coloring isn't appetizing. Haven't been to a party in years where there was some spaghetti. Can't remember if people use better quality hotdogs. If i'm cooking, i'll just use ground beef.

That's odd.

But probably due to the nasty *** filipino hot dogs that's included. Idk how some of yall eat that lol.

My mom been americanized her recipe and used ball park hot dogs growing up. My wife and I only use Nathan’s though.

A lot of Filipinos, especially the lower class, work in the middle east. There would always be horror stories of domestic workers being treated bad by Arabs. Not necessarily hate Muslim, since we're cool with Indoneseans (and they are thr biggest Muslim country in the world) and Malaysians. As humans, we tend to remember the negative things and lump them together. Putanginang Arabo....

Same goes for US soldiers. Always horror stories of them raping local women around the Clark and Subic Bases.

Now, it's Mainland China with the Spaltry Island situation and how China is just ****ing up their relations with the rest of Asia. I TRULLY wished Trump started a war in SEA against China before he left. That would have been great.

Yeah all while they always praise white people. Wouldn't be surprised if they were happy about white spanish colonization. The more I think about it, the country name philippines should be changed. No reason it should still be named after the king of our colonizers.

Exactly. You think you're part spanish. But your duterte nose says otherwise. Eff out of here with that part Spaniard bullcrap.

Back
Top Bottom