Filipino Culture Thread

So this was brought up in the "Asian Culture Discussion" thread, and I thought I would like to re-post it here to see how the perspective of our fellow Filipinos feel along these lines

I was thinking it's kinda interesting that Asian Americans haven't made much impact on American popular culture. Asians have, but it's imported.

Movies, shows, and music from Korea are pretty popular in America, and Anime and fashion from Japan is pretty popular as well.

Hopefully more Asian Americans can get into the arts and start shifting popular culture. I think they might. We have a lot of people now who grew up poor with immigrant parents who went into more steady, reliable careers. I think the luxury of growing up middle/upper class for this next generation might lead to more kids into the arts and sports.

LAGUNA represent. i have a few question for some of you though.
1.) do you have a stars and sun tattoo, if so do you regret getting it? be honest. :lol:
2.) also why do we like choreography so much?:sick:

1.) do you have a stars and sun tattoo, if so do you regret getting it? be honest. :lol:
2.) also why do we like choreography so much?:sick:

how them laguna nike outlets lol

BRAAHHHH When I was 16 and broke and only had enough money for the sun, starless til this day never got around to it 10 years later :rofl:

I do have a tatoo from apo whang od though :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Is, is this the year our food finally takes off?

Yea we are Asian

Philippines is an archipelago of Asia

I have the most Tagalog last name ever lol

This cute, Filipina camgirl was complaining how some trendy, hipster place in cali had expensive prices for Filipino food. That’s what trendy places do, just stick to the cheap mom & pop spots.

BRAAHHHH When I was 16 and broke and only had enough money for the sun, starless til this day never got around to it 10 years later :rofl:

I do have a tatoo from apo whang od though :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I was just thinking yesterday about getting a Filipino tribal sleeve. I have the website saved somewhere. I see samoans or polynesian people with their own stuff and get jelly.

filipino food is very slept on compared to other cultures... the food is just not popular in the general public...and the crazy thing is the food at mom and pops joints are crazy overpriced for a small serving :smh:

filipino food is very slept on compared to other cultures... the food is just not popular in the general public...and the crazy thing is the food at mom and pops joints are crazy overpriced for a small serving :smh:

Not just mom & pop places, I sometimes go to Jollibee and Max's and when the bill comes, I be like

Black-Kid-Is-Blown-Away-By-The-Awesomeness.gif

And you're not even getting anything out of the ordinary either.

Reactions: Ube
Not just mom & pop places, I sometimes go to Jollibee and Max's and when the bill comes, I be like

Black-Kid-Is-Blown-Away-By-The-Awesomeness.gif

And you're not even getting anything out of the ordinary either.

They deadass overcharge for all the stuff at the "American" Jollibees, Max's and any other Filipino franchise restaurants/cafes that are brought over here. Just 'cuz you're trying to match it up to the "living expenses" of how much folk pay over in the Philippines, it don't mean you gotta gut the living **** outta the people that live outside of the Philippines.

It ain't our fault that when we go back over to Phil, that currency exchange makes it cheaper to eat your **** over there than over here on American soil.

Only reason I ask is because I was curious as to why you guys created a new thread instead of just posting in the Asian culture thread. I assumed maybe you guys didn’t identify as Asian.

Only reason I ask is because I was curious as to why you guys created a new thread instead of just posting in the Asian culture thread. I assumed maybe you guys didn’t identify as Asian.

I made this thread because there are alot of Filipinos on NT, and the Asian culture thread is mostly full of Japanese, Korean and Chinese discussions.

Back
Top Bottom