FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Just got my pair from sneakerhead.com. Super quick free shipping, of course they're in the same state I'm in.

Nike got it right on these. Like Stuntman Mike stated earlier, the leather quality isn't premium, but its very good for a Nike shoe in this day and age. Sooo much better than the GRs. In person the indigo navy is very clear. The sizing runs small so I'd go half size
up on these. My only complaint is the edges of the velcro strap is super frayed, on my pair at least, and looks like it could unravel very easily. These get a thumbs up, now I can swoop on the citron pair....

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

We all better become united around Halloween time. I want an army of early 90 Agassi look-a-likes wandering the streets. We have two months to grow out mullets. Get to work.

Mayhemgatz, I believe it's the same crap on the auburns. It's almost like a plastic "grid" of sorts.. Hard to explain but I bet these have the same sort of stuff. Although I could be wrong.
http://nicekicks.wpengine...les/2011/08/indigo-6.jpg This looks more like a strip of thinly woven tarp nylon. Either way, painting a surface like that would be tough. A sharpie would likely not work very well . And another type of Ink could blotch or spread. I might take my pair to a senior center and see what the ladies there can do for me.
laugh.gif

Brysccoplaygrifhold, Webtec is definitely a prehistoric type of flywire. In fact, I like it better. Some call it sailing cloth. If it's strong enough for a boat with it's thousands of finely weaved nylon pieces, it's good enough for a shoe. I said it months or even years ago, compare the sc III to a common occurrence seen in shoes like the Lebron 8. Forefoot and upper heel flywire vs. 20 year old webtec in that same spot... Tinker was beyond a genius for incorporating that.

green rhino123, definitely a low level price at this point. I did some math and you would have to sell at $155 shipped to make back $125 on what could've been your initial price.  So $165 or $170 is quite modest. Ebay fees kill you.
Haha, Wally are we starting a team mullet? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Just got my pair from sneakerhead.com. Super quick free shipping, of course they're in the same state I'm in.

Nike got it right on these. Like Stuntman Mike stated earlier, the leather quality isn't premium, but its very good for a Nike shoe in this day and age. Sooo much better than the GRs. In person the indigo navy is very clear. The sizing runs small so I'd go half size
up on these. My only complaint is the edges of the velcro strap is super frayed, on my pair at least, and looks like it could unravel very easily. These get a thumbs up, now I can swoop on the citron pair....
half sz up u say....i wear an 11.5 but needed to get a sz 12 so that may have been a blessing........these are so damn hot cant wait to get mine.......CLASSIC shoe for the old farts on here like me (38)

2 of the shops I normally buy from passed, 1 says they're coming but not in yet and will give me a call when they're there. Man I hope I don't miss out on them since only one shop is getting them locally. Thankfully the other ones are still gathering dust at the shop that's getting them and I don't think too many people are excited about the QS.

Originally Posted by frazier10

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

half sz up u say....i wear an 11.5 but needed to get a sz 12 so that may have been a blessing........these are so damn hot cant wait to get mine.......CLASSIC shoe for the old farts on here like me (38)
That was a good move because the trainer scii does run snug, these should fit u perfect

Sizing wise, I'd say they run just a little small based on my gr volts (haven't received my qs's yet).  For reference, I always wear a 9.5 in Jordans and a ten in air max and running shoes. I got a size 10 for these. Hope that helps

Everyone who went thru me, your pairs are in the mail. I will be in touch with tracking numbers. My spot still has some left so anyone in need can contact me if need be but it seems like most everyone got theirs. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

30257jo.jpg

damn bro. that's a dream type photo right there.

Sizing is funny if you're a 12. 12.5 is ideal but rarely sold. 13's tend to leave just a bit too much space in the toebox. Then again, you arent doing sports in these so having a bit of space is okay. My feet don't discriminate. If they did, I'd own maybe 10 trainers. You find ways to adjust.. But since many do have the liberty and chance to buy their correct size, do it... If it comes to a point when you can only find one size and it's 1/2 off, bite the bullet.

Where are the NT Eastbay Reps when you need them? Does anyone know, or has anyone confirmed yet, whether these are dropping eventually on Eastbay?

I've been able to pick up a pair of the Citrons locally, but I'm not happy with their condition. There's a huge crease running down a good length of the leather on the left shoe *just* above the midsole. I'll sell or return this pair if I can get one with better quality. In fact the only reason I bought this pair despite the crease is because I thought there would be little to no other options in getting these based on all the pre-release beasting that's happened the last few days. I should also have a pair of Infrareds on Monday, don't know what the condition on those will be yet.

But the reason I'm asking about Eastbay is I almost never have a complaint on the quality of what they send me (little to no pre-wear leather creasing). So I'm thinking buying from them would be ideal.

Originally Posted by PainBL

Where are the NT Eastbay Reps when you need them? Does anyone know, or has anyone confirmed yet, whether these are dropping eventually on Eastbay?

I've been able to pick up a pair of the Citrons locally, but I'm not happy with their condition. There's a huge crease running down a good length of the leather on the left shoe *just* above the midsole. I'll sell or return this pair if I can get one with better quality. In fact the only reason I bought this pair despite the crease is because I thought there would be little to no other options in getting these based on all the pre-release beasting that's happened the last few days. I should also have a pair of Infrareds on Monday, don't know what the condition on those will be yet.

But the reason I'm asking about Eastbay is I almost never have a complaint on the quality of what they send me (little to no pre-wear leather creasing). So I'm thinking buying from them would be ideal.
Both pairs I have have precrease in em. The people that has em also has creasing in em. Its the material they use on these QS. It doesn't bother me 'cause they gona crease anyways once worn. But its your shoes so do whats best for you.

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

Everyone who went thru me, your pairs are in the mail. I will be in touch with tracking numbers. My spot still has some left so anyone in need can contact me if need be but it seems like most everyone got theirs. 

30257jo.jpg
That picture looks nice..hahah...how many did you buy for NTers?

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

30257jo.jpg

Uh oh...look at the bottom right pair of citrons...the nike on the strap is upside down....wow
EDIT: looks like the strap is upside down, actually.  Crisis averted?

SNEAKER BISTRO got a restock and are taking orders again ( better run cause they dont have many)!!!  

they didnt even get 12 of each color!! RUN!!!

oh and customer service (JOE) is SECOND TO NONE!!! dude will bend over backwards!!
smile.gif

^or maybe he got two right straps and it's a genuine concern?
eek.gif

It is after all one of those last steps taken in the manufacturing process. Something that is likely added by hand..

PainBL, do you own other recent trainers by Nike? Check out most of these OG photos.... Creases for days and days on the upper. DO they feel soft at least? Will it crease there when worn? Maybe that's the biggest question I have. If it's a random crease point with nothing to do with the motion of wearing them, I can see a concern. Like others have said, they're yours so you can expect what you'd like.

Creasing is GREAT.
laugh.gif
Some of the best leathers crease like crazy all over the place. The OGs appeared to have thinner more pliable leathers. Somewhere along the lines the shoe tree people got involved and hated creasing.. Now it's worse than ever with the thicker faker leathers showing unnatural crease patterns... I can talk leather for days.

pretty sure kicks hawaii will have pairs available for phone order on the monday after the 12th if anyone is interested. 

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

PainBL, do you own other recent trainers by Nike? Check out most of these OG photos.... Creases for days and days on the upper. DO they feel soft at least? Will it crease there when worn? Maybe that's the biggest question I have. If it's a random crease point with nothing to do with the motion of wearing them, I can see a concern. Like others have said, they're yours so you can expect what you'd like.

I actually own the 2011 Air Trainer SC II's in black/red, along with an OG pair of Infrared SC II Lows, and various retros from various years of the Trainer I and the Trainer SC. I've noticed pre-creasing in the SC's over the years but not as sharply and visibly as I saw this past week on the left Citron shoe. Shadow makes it looks like a huge gash in the shoe, but it's just a wrinkle.

I'm probably going to try and double up on both the Citrons and Infrareds if I can, with a pair of each being on my "actively wearing" rotation. But I just have a thing about what I buy. Even the ones I'm going to wear, I like them to start out as pristine as they can possibly be. I went around to 3 shops last Saturday looking for the perfect black/silver AJ V to put in my wear pile. It's not something I'm going to lose THAT much sleep over if I keep coming across creased pairs, honestly I'm happy just to have a couple OG style replicas because that's basically what these are (there will NEVER be anything like true OG's). Unusual to want next to no creasing on my part? Yes, probably a little. But it isn't that far fetched to want excellent quality in what you pay for. HINT HINT ARE YOU READING THIS, NIKE? LOL.

Anyway, just a week ago none of us thought we'd be where we are today with these ACTUALLY being a reality in our hands. The SC II QS rumors were getting to be almost like Dr. Dre's Detox album, or Bill Murray actually agreeing to do Ghostbusters 3, where so much BS has been spouted over the course of time that people start to believe they are more urban legend than fact.

So that all being said, does anyone know yet if these are going to eventually be up on Eastbay?

Back
Top Bottom