FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by Broomall4Life

Kicking myself for sleeping on the infrareds. Cant seem to find anything lower than 130 now. SMH.

Check your local outlet, they've been popping up all over the place. I haven't been in a few weeks but the New Orleans Factory store had at least 3 full size runs 2 weeks ago.

Kicking myself for sleeping on the infrareds. Cant seem to find anything lower than 130 now. SMH.

Check your local outlet, they've been popping up all over the place. I haven't been in a few weeks but the New Orleans Factory store had at least 3 full size runs 2 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by mints

Thanks bro. I'll give them a ring.

Originally Posted by mints

Thanks bro. I'll give them a ring.

Originally Posted by crup a holic

So I looked back few pages and didn't see any posts about sizing...are they true to size? Run big? Any comments would be appreciated
Def get your true size.  I copped a half-size up and they fit cool at first, but after only one wear for a few hours they loosened up a good bit.  Had to sell them and go for my true size 11.  
As others have mentioned, the leather on these isn't the usual bootleg stuff seen on most Nike retros these days.  They'll most definitely stretch a little with wear.  

Originally Posted by crup a holic

So I looked back few pages and didn't see any posts about sizing...are they true to size? Run big? Any comments would be appreciated
Def get your true size.  I copped a half-size up and they fit cool at first, but after only one wear for a few hours they loosened up a good bit.  Had to sell them and go for my true size 11.  
As others have mentioned, the leather on these isn't the usual bootleg stuff seen on most Nike retros these days.  They'll most definitely stretch a little with wear.  

Took my citrons for a little spin around the Fla. clay courts this afternoon- nothing major, but just some chill ground strokes and volleys.  Man, it took me back to the day- early 90s hitting with my high school buddies and rocking the denim shorts.
pimp.gif

Took my citrons for a little spin around the Fla. clay courts this afternoon- nothing major, but just some chill ground strokes and volleys.  Man, it took me back to the day- early 90s hitting with my high school buddies and rocking the denim shorts.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

^ you might be right, but look at the infrared hit near the ankle on the top lace hole on his right foot (the one where his leg is extended fully out)... those lows don't have that...

the tongue on his does look like the lows tho... hhmmmmm... 
nerd.gif

I noticed that too. One pair looks like a high infrared and the other a orange low... I'm also not seeing a black velcro strap, so he could have taken it off. Plus the tongue on the left pair doesnt have solid color hints. It's more of a technicality. MJ is legitmately wearing a bo jackson sc trainer II. A shoe all of us treasure here, is being worn by the god father of Nike, in his prime, and it's not a jordan.. That's quite an accomplishment
That's his sock, looks to be a Nike logo on it. Those definitely look like the Max Orange Lows to me.

These things crease up so marvelously. That probably sounds funny, but these really remind me of the way Nike quality used to be -- not all the way there but definitely the closest thing I've seen over the last few years besides probably the Yeezy 1's and the Banned Jordan 1's.

I'll post some pictures of my worn pairs soon. Wish I had doubled up when they started popping up for cheap, but oh well. They're actually still in good shape for as much as I've worn them. Worn the Infrareds a ton, to work (retail apparel so I'm on my feet and walking all day), all over the place. Citrons haven't seen quite as many wears but they definitely will this summer. Actually just wore them today.

If Nike would just come with this quality more often. It's literally nothing like the crap plastic/cardboard-like leather they usually give us. If the new Deions had been done this way, I would've copped without question.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

These things crease up so marvelously. That probably sounds funny, but these really remind me of the way Nike quality used to be -- not all the way there but definitely the closest thing I've seen over the last few years besides probably the Yeezy 1's and the Banned Jordan 1's.

I'll post some pictures of my worn pairs soon. Wish I had doubled up when they started popping up for cheap, but oh well. They're actually still in good shape for as much as I've worn them. Worn the Infrareds a ton, to work (retail apparel so I'm on my feet and walking all day), all over the place. Citrons haven't seen quite as many wears but they definitely will this summer. Actually just wore them today.

If Nike would just come with this quality more often. It's literally nothing like the crap plastic/cardboard-like leather they usually give us. If the new Deions had been done this way, I would've copped without question.
Agreed 100 %.  I wore my citrons all last week in Fla. and actually played tennis in them a few times and they just look amazing to me still.  They crease "naturally" and look "well worn" if that makes sense.

With such a crazy journey to finally see these, one would think a duplicate set would be mandatory. But I just don't think I will be doing that.. Maybe it's that most of my other trainers are old and beat and extras are impossible. So I'll treat these all equally.. I may regret it in 2 years when I'm here complaining. But so far, I am definitely loving these more after every wear.

Please post up your worn photos of these.... It is so anti-NT WDYWT to post up beat up yellowed creased looking shoes, but it can be appreciated here for sure.

I can't pinpoint how many wears its been with these but if I had to estimate I would say 80+ wears. Nike did a wonderful job on them absolutely no complaints. For the amount of times I've worn them and length of time for those wears they are holding up very good

^ WOW 80+ wears and no heel drag? Well done... leather is good, no visible cracking on the midsole... how do you do it? Must be casual wear, no?

I still need a sz 11-11.5 in the Citrons...
frown.gif

yea the paint is good surprisingly, no cracking at all. I only wear these for casual use but i haven't babied them (although that might change lol) leather is holding up great after every wear I just stick the toe inserts back into the shoe

Hung out at Fenway Park today, rocked the SCII's...

(my antique 1942 Rawlings finger mitt - talk about quality leathers)

years ago, Bo knew Fenway

Back
Top Bottom