Finally got a new job- For those struggling

Alright, I graduated with a B.S. in psychology in 2007. I have a criminal background with two felonies (deferred adjudication),and a few misdemeanors (weed case, stuff like that). Well I could not get a job. For a year after graduating i had no job. I kept getting turned down. For the past two yrs I've been driving a van for a hospital making very little money. Ive still been applying while working there but still the same thing.

Well today i found out i finally got a job as a case manager making 18.30 an hr. Im so happy. Im halfway through my masters degree so Im still trying to get more.

I said that to say this: To anybody in a situation similar to mine, don't give up and keep pushin. If you really want it you can overcome your past and move foward.

Also, Ive been saving up and now with in the next year I plan on buying a cheap 18 wheeler and hiring someone to haul grass and gravel as my side hustle.

PS- Im looking to reward myself with a pair of cdp 4's so if anyone has a 10.5 holla.

Good work bro.. Propz
pimp.gif

What kind of "grass" are you looking to haul? with an 18-wheeler that could be one hell of a side hustle.

just joking man, I'm happy for you. Like my man Mike Tyson says" the past is history, the future is a mystery" so never give up hope. Keep grinding till you have space to make moves and come up in the world.

Congrats on some success, especially with the Felony %%$@. If I was an employer, thats a red flag for an auto decline abouts.
~Lefty

Congrats duke. Case manager? Where at? I'm basically in the same boat (psyc degree) but can't get any decent job offers, very frustrating. Where u gettin ya masters and in what?

Congrats duke. Case manager? Where at? I'm basically in the same boat (psyc degree) but can't get any decent job offers, very frustrating. Where u gettin ya masters and in what?

Congrats man. Man I thought I wouldn't find a job this summer (although I'm a freshman so it wouldn't be nearly as detrimental as your case). Just kept looking and a friend came through telling me he applied to SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation), so I followed up. Got the job, and it pays nearly 60% more than my job last summer with much better benefits and I get paid on my dinner breaks. so that's an extra 3-4 hours of pay a week. Plus it's a Fortune 500 company so it'll look great on my resume. Keep looking guys you'll eventually find something!

this just gave me hope, i been on unemployment since august and lookin for jobs and going to school and i think im about to have a felony on my record. all im worried about is jobs in the future seein that in my background

congrats man, i'm hoping my misdemeanors dont come back and bite me in the ##*... psy/soc FTW!

lol @ the 18 wheeler

congrats bra... its hard getting jobs out here, especially with felonies

Congrats man, I guess there's hope for us all. 
BTW, I think everyone should post a thread when they get a new career/job. All else, it just creates some hope and confidence for the less fortunate job seekers. 

To those who asked, my felonies were for felony theft and deadly conduct. I was in a car that wasn't mine (dope fiend rental) and the police said I blew through a red light (deadly conduct) The stupid country cop charged me with the theft but the judge said that was wrong and changed the charges to unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. It was all my fault though for being involved in the first place.

jtthagreat- I live about 40 min south of houston. I work for a mental health agency that provides services to people with all types of depression, schizophrenia, parolees (ironic huh?)
Every county or region should have these types of places whether they are private or state ran. Look them up as if you were seeking services and then find the careers link on their website. Thats what I used to do.  Also craigslist has these types of jobs under the non-profit section, but be careful because these jobs are grant funded and if the funding is cut then the job is too. Not too stable.

Back
Top Bottom