Finally traveling To Indonesia.. what to do/see/eat

Hi NT fam.

Booked my first international trip and going to Bali next month.

Anyone been and have some recommendations on any and everything? Do's/Don'ts

Will check in and provide pics of all encountered while out there.

Thanks alot guys

Didn't get to go to Bali last year since the volcanic eruption happened when I went, so I spent my time in Jakarta. I think the following can apply to anywhere in the country:

Definitely go for some Nasi Padang. It's a style of buffet where you get around 10 small plates served at your table, and you pay for the ones you eat. The chicken skewers are too good; I must've eaten 10 of them in a sitting

I know it sounds weird, but the avocado milkshakes are :pimp: I had a huge debate on whether avocados should be used for regular food or for desserts with my Indo friends :lol:

Download the Gojek app. It's like the UberEats delivery service, except they can delivery practically anything. My friend got sick, and I used the app to order meds, electrolytes, etc. I mean yeah I could've just walked, but it was hot and humid as hell outside :lol:

Avoid taxis if you can. Gojek and Grab are a lot cheaper. I think Uber got bought out by one of them all over Southeast Asia, so make sure you download those apps. There are scam taxis that'll charge you 3X the price since you're a tourist. Not that its expensive either way, but it's the principle of it

Avoid being around drunk Aussies, Brits, and Americans if you don't want to be mistaken for an obnoxious sexual assaulter. Applies to anywhere in Southeast Asia. Those "booze cruise" and pub crawl people are THE WORST

Don't be one of those "I want to be like the locals" people that rent scooters to drive around. People in Indonesia drive in the craziest way possible, and I've seen multiple people I know end up in the hospital with injuries. We are not built for that :lol:

Last edited:
assuming bike rentals are similar on all the islands, theyll ask you to leave your passport as the deposit...dont do this.
take/ buy bug spray

By the way, where are you doing a layover at on the way to Bali? If you have a layover in Singapore, I highly reccomend exploring the airport. Changi Airport is the best airport in the world; it's like a city itself

Also, don't forget an umbrella. It rains a lot in SE Asia almost every month of the year. Kind of annoying because it's hella hot at the same time, so you have no idea what to wear :lol:

Last edited:
By the way, where are you doing a layover at on the way to Bali? If you have a layover in Singapore, I highly reccomend exploring the airport. Changi Airport is the best airport in the world; it's like a city itself

Also, don't forget an umbrella. It rains a lot in SE Asia almost every month of the year. Kind of annoying because it's hella hot at the same time, so you have no idea what to wear :lol:
Damn thanks alot my G.

alot of things i woulda never thought of.

We are just going to be in Manila for a two hour layover so no time to explore there. feel like im gonna end up packing for all types of weather.

Back
Top Bottom