fire red project " tutorial added 3/13/09 page 4" black cement project added!!! 6th page!!!

The tutorial is sweet. Good info in here thanks.
pimp.gif

so as u know i did some fire reds IIIs and all ya liked it so i went out and i fell upon some 01 black cement IIIs that needed some work "picked these up for a really good price lower than what he had posted it for.....  so here they are i have only finished one shoe this took me 4 hours yesterday and 2 1/2 today just for one  but time well spent as u can tell .....i brought the leather back to a healthy black took most of the major creases from the toe the leather had scuffs got rid of those and  repainted the whole midsole and front toe box aslwell as  the nike on the back.....now theres another great shoe out there that is ready to be rocked insted of kept in the back of the closet lol .....   i wish i had the og box and card be worth so much more but its cool....got to love tha nike on the back plate and on bottem sole!!!!

l_5b7e2b15960e4831856ad34ac50527db.jpg

l_df396478161545a284e4f1ee043a5c70.jpg

l_bfce32a532044cac8875d0d7831facdd.jpg

l_d4c208a1007e431f91ca88584ec31799.jpg

l_112e4bcbcc144a6490cb4597b4db7b60.jpg

l_97e567edee6040068191526732a3fd17.jpg

l_d953270a476a42a897c30a80b4519e68.jpg

l_c99d4607e23d4a90bea54eea91815367.jpg

l_efee544078c64e3f8374d56e287c580d.jpg
l_b2cb2f26d1934009bf4a88eb5cc108e2.jpg
l_8497c891b5834d3ca31ebe4449546685.jpg

l_fdb8468bfefc492a96d01daf3e2f2f38.jpg

l_813d6e3fb57045b9b2370e8498e7cf3e.jpg

l_11e138185eba444da0b601b65214fd53.jpg

When you got the wrinkles out of the Fire Red's, what type of iron did you use? Is it possible to burn or singe the leather?

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

what clear coat did you use after you painted the fire red 3's??

acrylic sealer   thers "gloss" and "mate" i used mate gave it a great shine without it looking wet all the time

what clear coat did you use after you painted the fire red 3's??

acrylic sealer   thers "gloss" and "mate" i used mate gave it a great shine without it looking wet all the time

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

When you got the wrinkles out of the Fire Red's, what type of iron did you use? Is it possible to burn or singe the leather?

regular house hold iron and yes its possible to burn and singe the leather do not keep the iron on for too long go over it for like 4 5 seconds and let it cool spray water on towel but be carefull not to over do it u will mess them up

so you don't have any problems with the clear coat cracking? is it a spray or brush on?? thanks for the info!

I tired that ironing method for the crease on my 1,3,4,5,8, & canvas af1s. Might I say WOW! They all came out great , my black/ metallic 5s toebox looks brand new I just need some sea glow . As far as I can tell from doing both leather & suede kicks the suede comes out much better. It's almost like ur dry cleaning them. Yo realtalk tho using these tricks u can keep ya kicks fresh for a lifetime.

so you don't have any problems with the clear coat cracking? is it a spray or brush on?? thanks for the info!

its a spray and yeah it helps a tone!!!

roll.gif
well the separation of the sole is harder thank u think that takes hella hella time lol my columbias are next ppl going to sea glow them i already cleaned them up real nice just need to get rid of some of that yellow

Originally Posted by ghetomex23

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Man the Fire Red's only been out a few years and your yellowing already? I swear on everything I love you just made me remember I had these. I'm bout to go look for em now. Haven't wore em 08'. God damn I loved this shoe. $*% I just remembered the Aqua 8 retros too!!!! Thnx for this thread!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

lol your welcome bro and i have a little trick to bring out the aqua 8s too! makes the suade all buttery and black again get at me...

let me guess..baby oil?
yes sir!!!!!! lol

lol how much baby oil and can it mess up the suede if its used alot?

Originally Posted by MikeyFresh21

thank you all for your comments wait until u see what i did to some fire red vs lol i got the shoes for "dirt" cheap hahaha get it...yeah yeah stupid i know but they came out super clean
l_c1120fadd6bc48ee90da0f30df639935.jpg
afer
l_24d081dec59a4b789658178d072a9f24.jpg

roll.gif
You guys will believe anything!
roll.gif
man u need to hit up iss forum.

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Man the Fire Red's only been out a few years and your yellowing already? I swear on everything I love you just made me remember I had these. I'm bout to go look for em now. Haven't wore em 08'. God damn I loved this shoe. $*% I just remembered the Aqua 8 retros too!!!! Thnx for this thread!!! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

lol your welcome bro and i have a little trick to bring out the aqua 8s too! makes the suade all buttery and black again get at me...

let me guess..baby oil?
yes sir!!!!!! lol

lol how much baby oil and can it mess up the suede if its used alot?

just dab a soft towel and rub all over shoe if too mush just whipe off with a dry clean side and pooooof nice buttery suade worked gerat on my playoff 8s

regular house hold iron and yes its possible to burn and singe the leather do not keep the iron on for too long go over it for like 4 5 seconds and let it cool spray water on towel but be carefull not to over do it u will mess them up
Ok, good tip!  So do I wet & moisten the towel first before I iron over the towel?  Or do I iron a dry towel?  Sorry for sounding kinda ignorant. 
embarassed.gif

Ok, good tip!  So do I wet & moisten the towel first before I iron over the towel?  Or do I iron a dry towel?  Sorry for sounding kinda ignorant. 
embarassed.gif

na its cool ill take u step by step 

1 clean shoe of all dirt dust after stuff the shoe until u see the creases go away

2 take your preheated iron that has been set to a little over half way u can aslos do it at full volume but be carefull not to leave the iron on the shoe too long... grab your spray bottle full of water and spray the shoe just a bit after grab your clean face towel and lay it on the toe box...spray the towel a few times grab the iron and go over it with some preasure a few times

3 afrer every time u are done going over the toe box take the towel off and let the stream rise off of shoe and repete steps until u feel u got most of the creases out ...keep in mind that u will still have minimal creases but wont be as bad as when u first started

4 after all that has been done the leather might look a little lighter than the rest of the shoe...dont worry! its normal u just took all the leathers moister out all u do is grab your leather cleaner protecter and  dab some baby oil and rub...it will bring the leather back to normal u can aslo use the mixture of oil and leather cleaner after the whole restoration has been completed it leaves a nice glow to the leater ...hope this help out bro

if any one esle has any other ?s hit me up and i also would like to see some of your guys projects and or storys of useing all these techniques

Back
Top Bottom