First Job?

So it's finally come to the point where I'm gonna need to get a real job to feed my sneaker addiction.  Anyone got suggestions for a first job in the SoCal area?

Not sure about the socal area, but don't get a job just to buy kicks.

Save your money and invest in your future. Those bills with your name on it are going to start coming sooner than you expect.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Save your money and invest in your future. Those bills with your name on it are going to start coming sooner than you expect.
Well I'm probably gonna have to get a job anyway.  College, bro.

McDonalds

Why would your first job be any different just cause you're in socal?

Originally Posted by megatron

McDonalds

Local/Regional Places.  Don't need anyone telling me to get a job at Hardee's or Chick-fil-A or some %!*#.

Originally Posted by Kfreud

McDonalds

Local/Regional Places.  Don't need anyone telling me to get a job at Hardee's or Chick-fil-A or some %!*#.

while you're here on your throne those guys at the fast food joints are making that $.

OP, just some advice from someone who used to buy sneakers.... Get the job, save a lot of your money and then make the decision to buy once you have a thousand or two saved up. While you're working and saving, read "The Richest Man in Babylon."

Good luck 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by Kfreud

McDonalds

while you're here on your throne those guys at the fast food joints are making that $.
laugh.gif
 these are the kinda dudes who walk in with no job experience, no marketable skills and ask "what job do you have available, CEO? ill take it!"

Hell no man, I just want money.  I'm just saying SoCal area because I don't want any useless out of area suggestions.  I ran cross country for four years so yeah, no amount of manual labor or hard work is above me, just making that clear.  Jean Ralphio FTW, though.

If people feel like they are to "good" to work at mcdonalds you have a lot to learn. A guy i grew up with stared working at mcdonalds part time in hs. Moved up to a manager and is now the HR manager at a shop rite at 22. Thats a strong resume to walk into jobs with. Shows hard work no1 cares about cross country in hs.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

dont listen to this #%*%+ lol
grab that job and get fly man

enjoy ya youth 

get fly, get money, *$%# @@%*##%

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

If people feel like they are to "good" to work at mcdonalds you have a lot to learn. A guy i grew up with stared working at mcdonalds part time in hs. Moved up to a manager and is now the HR manager at a shop rite at 22. Thats a strong resume to walk into jobs with. Shows hard work no1 cares about cross country in hs.

Ok %#*+ man when did I say I was too good to work at a fast food place?  Chick-fil-A and Hardee's don't EXIST in Southern California.  And I used XC as an example that I've already had to put up with %%@$.  I'm not too "good" for anything.  I've had to work for everything %%%*$$+ you think running every day for four years is an easy thing to do?

I worked at the all mighty Pep boys while in high school here in socal . Got paid 8.50$ / hr about 30 hrs a week . Wasnt to bad at all considering i was only 16 back in 01' i think min wage was 6-6.50 not too sure

get anything you can b

when its your first job you cant really choose you just take what you get and take it fast and appreciate it

make a nice resume and its okay if you lie on it alittle bit as long as it gets you an interview

Originally Posted by odog24

get anything you can b

when its your first job you cant really choose you just take what you get and take it fast and appreciate it

make a nice resume and its okay if you lie on it alittle bit as long as it gets you an interview
This. Experience now is a really important factor to, since it took my brother a while to get a job. Nowadays it's mostly who you know rather than what you know.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

Foot locker was my first job
pimp.gif

see if you can apply at your local one (btw best job i EVER had)

Totally didn't think about that.  I'll def look into it.  Do they have an employee discount
tongue.gif
?

if you have any sort of Art/Design interest in the future work at Michael's. That was my first job and not only did they pay $1.75 above minimum wage (this was 6 years ago so I am not too sure about now), which i think is pretty good for a first job, but I also was able to use my discount and other loop holes to supply myself with Art/Drafting/Painting/Sketching supplies that I use to this day.

Back
Top Bottom