"First of all, I wanna thank my connect..."

My MD/DC/VA people,

Could you each, individually, please define (or possible, can we as an "urea" redefine) what the hell a "connect" is?

I'm so tired of these low self-esteem, wanna be recognized, "you can't even compliment them on their outfit/shoe without the ego" individualsin Richmond, DC, PG/Mo County/Montgom. County MD, and 757 talking about "my connect" this and "my connect" that. You trying to impress me?Last I checked, I don't have a (female private part) nor breast..........................

Here is my breakdown:

- If he isn't (at the very minimum) a manager at a store, he's not a connect...
- If you still paying full price for a "gr" or hyped prices on hypebeast items, he's not a connect...
- If you aren't getting a thing from Oregon for "free" (shoutout to the "Roc Boys." HEEEEEEY!), you don't have aconnect...
- If you don't get phone calls/emails -- you are the one always harassing -- that's a one-sided relationship. Thus, he's not aconnect...

I can go on and on. But I'll leave plenty of room.

"Bustin' Balls" Mondays.

i gotta connect at FA. he's not a manager, just a sales rep, but i get his 30% discount for any and all releases that corporate doesn't say thaycan't. therefore, it IS a connect.

now, if u have to get it from oregon and get phone calls then i guess i'm not really connected. but since i never pay retail i consider it somewhat aconnect.

lol I'm my connect....gotta get all my shoes the old fashioned way...line up, pay and leave.....if anyone wants to hook me up feel free to PM me
nerd.gif

No connects for me. I try and help people out when I can, and always appreciate when someone looks out for me. Those of you who have "connects"don't forget that you should never "expect" anything. I think that gets lost a lot. People build a relationship and then just exploit the heckout of it. Sure it would be nice to be connected and I wouldn't turn down a nice hook up, but at the same time I would rather be on the end that is helpingsomeone out. Much more fulfilling than being helped out IMO.

I wouldn't really consider myself connected, but if there's something I want I can get it. Often times I choose not to though and pass it on to otherpeople.

Originally Posted by The R0yal Family

EOH you tryin' to be my connect???
pimp.gif

TEAM STAY CONNECTED

word. im saying tho, i need a connect
laugh.gif

im tryna cop soem kicks for a lower price, under the radar of the hype.

"i seen em put it together, watched em take it apart"

laugh.gif
at "team stay connected."

I didn't make this thread (obviously failed, I'll try again next Monday) for that.

People in this hobby on different levels -- due to years of experience, CHARACTER, consistency in being honest, etc. Just wanted to get a betterunderstanding of where some of these big talking hypebeats were at.

I'm just seeing all these new kats, and even "older ones" that, for some reason, see me as 'inferior'. Dudes will all of a sudden giveme their phone number and request we be "friends" when a shoe is dropping, but they got "connects" at the same store I walked in and coppedfor cheaper than THEY would have paid.
eyes.gif
... And expect ME (of allpeople) not to blast them....

I got almost 16 years in this hobby, and do nothing but retain the values I was thought to be a MAN, IN this hobby.

People confuse that. "Oh, its just shoes, so I can be fraudulent..." O RLY?
eyes.gif

But you NT vets have heard this story from me a zillion times already. People gotten older, and on the same %%%+. Sad.

"Royal Fam," you know I got you my dude. lol. I don't work for anyone or own anything, so all I can do is help out with the info passed down tome. I never leave folks hanging -- sincere ones that is.............................

Oh well. Let's see what I can brew up for next Monday.....
laugh.gif

Potential topics: 1. What makes you shop where you shop? Clerking Vs Service. Tips for stepping your Shop game up.
2. Steps for a connect: How to flip the light switch for those without power.
3. The "Cold Shoulder" club. Why you don't need a connect
4. Credit score Vs your street credit: How do your points tally up?
5. The official check yourself thread: Bring a plate and leave the BEEF @ home. You may just bite off more than you can chew
6. Working on a bench spot on the "Dream Team". Those who qualify... need not apply

EOH... if you use any of these then you know where to send the check. Lol

I pay retail normally so no connects here. For anything hyped, i'll just settle and pay the going online rates. My state to state escapades are a thing ofthe past.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

laugh.gif
at "team stay connected."

I didn't make this thread (obviously failed, I'll try again next Monday) for that.

People in this hobby on different levels -- due to years of experience, CHARACTER, consistency in being honest, etc. Just wanted to get a better understanding of where some of these big talking hypebeats were at.

I'm just seeing all these new kats, and even "older ones" that, for some reason, see me as 'inferior'. Dudes will all of a sudden give me their phone number and request we be "friends" when a shoe is dropping, but they got "connects" at the same store I walked in and copped for cheaper than THEY would have paid.
eyes.gif
... And expect ME (of all people) not to blast them....

I got almost 16 years in this hobby, and do nothing but retain the values I was thought to be a MAN, IN this hobby.

People confuse that. "Oh, its just shoes, so I can be fraudulent..." O RLY?
eyes.gif

But you NT vets have heard this story from me a zillion times already. People gotten older, and on the same %%%+. Sad.

"Royal Fam," you know I got you my dude. lol. I don't work for anyone or own anything, so all I can do is help out with the info passed down to me. I never leave folks hanging -- sincere ones that is.............................

Oh well. Let's see what I can brew up for next Monday.....
laugh.gif

[jeezy]you already know what it is, homie![/jeezy]

but naw, all jokes aside, i feel what u sayin' tho...this post applies to real life people, in real life situations...not just in the shoe game. bammasonly come around when they need somethin', then are "ghost", as soon as the item exchanges hands. pretty disgusting behavior...and i don'tcondone it.

I have zero connects but I'm also not into the sneaker thing as deep as alot of y'all. I just buy what I can when I can and if I can't so be it.

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - "Sincere leaders by example, not just words..."
'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,''rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp,' 'Harmcityhustler', 'EOH'

Me...Part of the Dream Team?!.....Woooooooow
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I'm honored...Really I am..

I wouldn't really consider myself connected, but if there's something I want I can get it. Often times I choose not to though and pass it on to other people.
couldnt have said it better myself. i dont think there is a shoe that has came out in the last 5 years that i couldnt have had my hands on

.......all I can do is help out with the info passed down to me. I never leave folks hanging -- sincere ones that is.............................

My thoughts exactly. I do onto others as I'd want done to me. I'm not down w/ the Secret Squirrel BS. Some dudes wait until THEY cop before they willtell where something is. That's BS. I'll tell where to go and that's how Mondawmin and other Bmore spots got blown within the last 2-3 years. Hell,with me yelling about that ad finitum, I met some asian cat from VA(forgot his name, but I always see him at the hottest nightlife spots in town...) and Ryan.

I give it because if you're a good dude, then I'll treat you as such.

Dreamteam, N's.
pimp.gif

I disagree because I used to work at DTLR and I wansn't a manager, but I cised a lot of people. Holding shoes, discount prices, free north face gear(schemeof course), etc.

Back
Top Bottom