First Sunday without a Pope?

Any Catholics on here who still regularly attend?
that religion was way too weird for me.. way to many saints.

also, having to "confess" my sins to another man is one of the most humiliating things i have ever had to do.

last time i went to church was probably 5 years ago.

Exodus 20:4-5 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above..."

View media item 296731

Yep, conveniently the Roman Catholic 10 commandments are different too - split one in half (can't remember which right now) and deleted the one about not making idols.

Clearly as some have said there are Roman Catholics who are Christians - but there are also a great number who just go through the motions of mass and confession etc (and a good many of these will do this earnestly) and this religion is propagated by a large portion of the Catholic Church.

Also, from what I remember, Catholics have a lot of weird beliefs and ideas that aren't supported anywhere in Scripture.
you can feel that way, thats cool. how do you and others feel about:

seventh day adventists?
mormons?
pentecostalism
evangelical and episcopal churches (ones that have now allowed openly homosexual clergy)

etc.
What was the point of this post? The topic was about Catholicism, so I'm speaking about Catholicism. My opinion on other denominations aren't really relevant. 
thats wild offensive that you would imply or say that catholics don't follow the teachings of the Lord...

but what say you about christians under the protestant umbrella that sit around and smoke weed and **** random ******* all day?

just saying...you can't single out catholics.

and "modern christianity." Catholicism existed long before protestantism as we know it, so...
eyes.gif
You should take a look at the beliefs and teachings of the Catholic church and make an attempt to corroborate said beliefs and teachings with what is written in the Bible. The idea of the Pope, purgatory, worshiping Mary as the "mother of god", praying to anyone but god (i.e. Saints), etc. Where do these ideas come from? From what I remember, they are no where in the Bible. 

that religion was way too weird for me.. way to many saints.

also, having to "confess" my sins to another man is one of the most humiliating things i have ever had to do.

last time i went to church was probably 5 years ago.

Having to confess your sins to a man in a box goes against the teachings of Christ. This act alone makes Catholics not christian.

I Would like to hear from someone who is really catholic,devout not a fake catholic.I wonder do they even pray without a priest being present

Jesus is so proud of you guys right now, crapping on people who follow him in ways other than your own.

As I get older I find religion to be more and more of a fraud, Am I wrong for thinking like that? I also haven't been to church since '99 I believe in one god.

How can they do the devil's work?
A man giving another man head in church

-nas

Jesus is so proud of you guys right now, crapping on people who follow him in ways other than your own.
What is the point of the New Testament if people don't follow what it says?
I don't disagree with you (former Catholic, I have lots of gripes with the church), but one thing Jesus was not about was having all this hate for others, especially not other Christians. The only people who claim that Catholics are a particularly venomous and annoying group of Christians, in my experience. If they even hear someone say they're a Catholic, they will immediately say, "YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!" I know these types all too well.

What is the point of the New Testament if people don't follow what it says?
I don't disagree with you (former Catholic, I have lots of gripes with the church), but one thing Jesus was not about was having all this hate for others, especially not other Christians. The only people who claim that Catholics are a particularly venomous and annoying group of Christians, in my experience. If they even hear someone say they're a Catholic, they will immediately say, "YOU'RE NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!" I know these types all too well.

Please clear up this statement, because it sounds really dumb in it's current context.

^ Jesus preached love for everyone. He was often found with prostitutes, tax collectors, and even people who didn't like him very much at all. The Catholic bashing going on in this thread seems pretty much opposite of how Jesus lived his life, and that's what Christians strive for. To emulate Christ in their every day lives.

You are wrong about Jesus.

He was a prophet of war. Not peace.

He preached the gospel of exclusion and would totally abhor of what people are touting around as religious institutions today.

Jesus spoke out against the establishment, was considered a fugitive by Romans and lived on the run. Many people would say he wears a tinfoil hat for the corruption he states as occurring in dominions not even perceived by human eyes.

This "Christ for the nations" image which was recently created is a farce.

The masses of "christians" today are only that by title and social affiliation.

All the real christians are dead, not spoken about, written out of history and remixed into myth.

Honestly, would a modern day christian really be prepared to be thrown in a lions den over their faith?

Or would they rather worship pagan entities via man.

Jesus in the context would not tolerate people with no faith fornicating with his wife (church).

Why do you think there is such an emphasis on worshiping him as a dead man?

Last edited:
You are wrong about Jesus.

He was a prophet of war. Not peace.

He preached the gospel of exclusion and would totally abhor of what people are touting around as religious institutions today.

Jesus spoke out against the establishment, was considered a fugitive by Romans and lived on the run. Many people would say he wears a tinfoil hat for the corruption occurring in dominions not even perceived by human eyes.

This "Christ for the nations" image which was recently created is a farce.

The masses of "christians" today are only that by title and social affiliation.

All the real christians are dead, not spoken about, written out of history and remixed into myth.

Honestly, would a modern day christian really be prepared to be thrown in a lions den over their faith?

Or would they rather worship pagan entities via man.

This is somewhat true. Yeshuah (pbuh) was a rebel.

Back
Top Bottom