FIRST TIMER TO RESTORING

Hey. It's summer time and I have a bunch of time on my hands so I'd like to start customizing and restoring shoes. I've read all the comments and threads in here and I'm gonna give it a try. Any suggestions are highly appreciated since it will be my first time.
FIRST PROJECT
Painting the sole white on Air Max 1.
From what I read I will be using Angelus leather paint from turtlefeathers.net and I'm going to use sand paper to remove the remaining white. Any recommenations on what TAPE, what BRUSH, what brand of SANDPAPER or if there's different types and what steps I should take. THANKS

View media item 467243

I wouldn't use sandpaper. I would just dab some acetone on a cotton ball and start wiping away the white paint with it and then using something to chip it away

First off, Do. not. use. SANDPAPER! Use as said above by ddh, cotton balls with acetone. Sandpaper will cause damage to the area it is applied too. Also, I use AngelusDirect.com I find it is cheaper and it is ran by sneaker customizers/restorers like you and I. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Forgot to mention, when wiping the paint away with the acetone dipped cottonballs, wipe in one direction.

Back
Top Bottom